Line of Duty (1 Viewer)

Otis

Just looked and it seemingly has been commissioned for another series.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

lifeskyblue

I think you are right re the Masonic element. Hopefully next series will concentrate on those senior figures. Perhaps Denton and arnott will team up. Who knows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I think another person will be found out, but cotton won't. Then into the next series

Nick

Administrator
Is Denton gonna turn out to be one of the good guys or one of the bad?

My guess is Arnott gets framed for being the Caddy, is really in the shit and then she comes to the rescue and helps him clear his name.

What was on that phone recording? They didn't have sex did they, but she has something on him?

Otis

My guess is Arnott gets framed for being the Caddy, is really in the shit and then she comes to the rescue and helps him clear his name.

What was on that phone recording? They didn't have sex did they, but she has something on him?
I wonder if he admitted previously planting evidence in another case in the past.

Otis

Only just discovered at the weekend that Martin Compston, DC Steve Arnott, is actually a Scot and has the broadest Scottish accent imaginable.

Hats off to him for such a great London accent. Would have never, ever have guessed.

lifeskyblue

Arnott's car I presume. I bet she only has arnott a number. That was great episode

Otis

The address on the email on the phone was Hastings.

It was a great episode. Cottan a step too far now though. He's going down!!

Can't wait for next week. Great stuff.

Nick

Administrator
I can't believe that this is tucked away on BBC2.

Didn't think he was actually going to do it, then bang!

I still don't get why there's no suspicion from living people against Cotton still apart from a little bit now from Arnott.

The only other bit I was a bit shocked at was when they brought Jimmy Saville into it!

90 minute finale next week!

Nick

Administrator
What was the bit where cotton was saying to Denton about her being groomed as a kid? Was that true or was he just trying to make up a story?

Surely they would have been on CCTV / ANPR leading up to the container yard which would have showed the other plates and him driving it with her in the car? If he doesn't get caught next week it will give me rage!

Otis

I can't believe that this is tucked away on BBC2.

Didn't think he was actually going to do it, then bang!

I still don't get why there's no suspicion from living people against Cotton still apart from a little bit now from Arnott.

The only other bit I was a bit shocked at was when they brought Jimmy Saville into it!

90 minute finale next week!
That is very, very rare, to bring real life people into a TV drama scenario.

Wasn't even sure they would have been allowed to do it, but obviously they were.

There's a lot of twists and will they won't they scenarios isn't there. I too thought he wouldn't do it, but just when you think someone isn't going to do something, they go ahead and do it!!

Otis

What was the bit where cotton was saying to Denton about her being groomed as a kid? Was that true or was he just trying to make up a story?

Surely they would have been on CCTV / ANPR leading up to the container yard which would have showed the other plates and him driving it with her in the car? If he doesn't get caught next week it will give me rage!
Yep, me too. You would guess he will doctor or destroy the CCTV footage, but I think he may well get caught another way. Possibly he was around at the time of the original abuse allegations (guessing his character is mid 40's and 20 years ago he would be in his mid 20's).

Am thinking the lad in the factory might recognise him and the game will be up.

lifeskyblue

Yep, me too. You would guess he will doctor or destroy the CCTV footage, but I think he may well get caught another way. Possibly he was around at the time of the original abuse allegations (guessing his character is mid 40's and 20 years ago he would be in his mid 20's).

Am thinking the lad in the factory might recognise him and the game will be up.

Think you might be right re joe in the factory being the one who exposes Dot. Not sure how the Hastings part with the woman will pan out as it looks like she might be part of the cover up.
Last night my wife jumped out the chair as Denton approached the car...shouting at the TVs for her not to get in. During the following drive she kept shouting 'she will die now' and ' he will kill her'. She is not usually so animated at TV dramas. Shows just how well the tension was heightened in the minutes leading up to it.
I thought she would be OK until he pulled the gun then thought he would shoot...then he wouldn't have bottle...then bang.
Re Jimmy saville photo yes I was surprised and I bet there will be fallout from that. Fantastic how this series has tied in previous two and how relevant it is re yew tree etc

Nick

Administrator
Who was it that Cotton said something to about the golf club in the first series when asked why he was a copper?

Otis

Who was it that Cotton said something to about the golf club in the first series when asked why he was a copper?
Just checked, Nick. You had me guessing too. It was his superintendent. The superintendent tells him to take his exams and he will be able to step into Gate's shoes, as Gates is finished. Gates was the Lenny James character and subject of the investigation.

The super asks him how he became a copper and Cotton says he could have fallen in with a bad crowd but he started caddying at the local golf club and someone there opened his eyes and then he became a copper.

He never says who the bloke was, but you assume it was this Tommy Hunter.

Nick

Administrator
Who was the super intendent? Anybody of interest or just a random who hasn't been in since?

You would think if he has said he started caddying and then they are looking for somebody called the caddy on the inside...

Ch. Supt. Derek Hilton?

tumblr_m6f4yzDX5E1qefrc6o4_1280.jpg

Otis

Who was the super intendent? Anybody of interest or just a random who hasn't been in since?

You would think if he has said he started caddying and then they are looking for somebody called the caddy on the inside...
He's only in the first series.

Don't know what his name was, but it's the same guy who was in Utopia, the C4 thriller.

Nick

Administrator
You would think if he told him that about him being a caddy, he would have told others as well if asked.

Still think that for these detectives who are meant to be really clever, catch people out etc they are being a bit thick when it comes to him.

Otis

You would think if he told him that about him being a caddy, he would have told others as well if asked.

Still think that for these detectives who are meant to be really clever, catch people out etc they are being a bit thick when it comes to him.
This superintendent was very wishy washy I recall. Let Tony Gates do whatever he wanted. At the end of the day he just wanted really good crime solving figures to boost his profile.

Otis

What do we think is going to happen tonight then? Series finale and an hour and a half episode.

Will Dot finally get his comeuppance? Or will Arnott end up in jail in readiness for the next series?

Otis

Arnott will be arrested
He's on the verge of that anyway isn't he.

Don't know why he doesn't talk to Kate on the QT and really lay down his story so she starts having doubts about DI Cottan.

Think there is going to be some more darkness around the chief.

Last edited:

lifeskyblue

Yes I think we will find out a lot more about teds background tonight.
Will dot be I covered or will he somehow wriggle out of it? I think either he or Arnott may get killed off tonight

lifeskyblue

Yes me too...but with a fourth series on the horizon I just wonder.
It has been interesting this series to watch the story develop...from that initial shooting, to the other people in that armed response team, to now just focusing to those in AC12

Otis

Looks like it's going to be very exciting TV. Papers are saying we won't be disappointed with the ending.

Maybe Kate gets her tits out and Ted has a nose reduction.

Users who are viewing this thread