Line of Duty (1 Viewer)

Otis

Anyone watching this series? It's bloody good!
Yep!

Caught on to this really late. A few weeks back they were repeating some of season two and I gave it a quick blast and really liked it.

So, since then I have gone back to season one and watched that and then got up to speed with all of season two and of course now we have season three.

It can be a little far fetched, but the scripts are taut and exciting and the acting is excellent. A real whodunnit/did they do it/didn't they do it scenario.

Recommended.

stupot07

Watched it from the start, absolutely love it. Big cliff hanger tonight.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

stupot07

They are the police corruption unit, so something will happen, then they have to investigate it to find out happened and who's responsible and being them to justice. Loads of twists and turns, and very gripping, don't want to day too much more as I wouldn't want to spoil it for you.

Otis

Just starting from the first series, first one is decent from the start :)
Yeah, very good.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, it's a bit different because it is the police investigating the police.

Therefore the 'good guys' in this are pretty much universally hated amongst their own.

Nick

Administrator
Watched the rest of series 2 and fell asleep watching the first of series 3.

Series 3 so far doesn't have so much of a "whodunnit" as it shows from the start!

Otis

Watched the rest of series 2 and fell asleep watching the first of series 3.

Series 3 so far doesn't have so much of a "whodunnit" as it shows from the start!
Ahh, but does it? ;)

Watch and you will see. Everything is not quite as it seems. ;)

Nick

Administrator
Amazed at how versatile the woman is, one minute she is doing missing persons, next she is armed response!

Surely everybody would recognise her?

Nick

Administrator
Not enjoying this one as much so far, going to watch the third next.

Don't get what's going on with that list

Nick

Administrator
Surely they should know that cotton had debt, after the big who ha about revealing money troubles in the last series?

Nick

Administrator
Now they are going on about that money in the mum's case, surely the care staff who packed the belongings would know?

Nick

Administrator
Not having that with cotton getting him there and nobody being suspicious at all, and he's always been there at every case with dodgy stuff going on?

lifeskyblue

Not having that with cotton getting him there and nobody being suspicious at all, and he's always been there at every case with dodgy stuff going on?

Exactly what the Mrs and I said. Oh well it's only drama ...time to suspend belief. But it would be welcome if they tried a little harder to keep it real

lifeskyblue

Hope it isn't ruined, first 2 series were very good!

Yes we enjoyed first two series. We are enjoying this one too. I'm sure it won't spoil the whole thing although it must be time to out Dot Cotton. I'm impressed they have linked the last series with this with the list of names...and the notion of abuse in children's homes is certainly topical.

stupot07

Yes we enjoyed first two series. We are enjoying this one too. I'm sure it won't spoil the whole thing although it must be time to out Dot Cotton. I'm impressed they have linked the last series with this with the list of names...and the notion of abuse in children's homes is certainly topical.
Yeah and in a away the fact Dot was in the first series when his unit and DCI was being investigated it limits back to the first series too.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah and in a away the fact Dot was in the first series when his unit and DCI was being investigated it limits back to the first series too.

Hopefully he gets caught in the next couple so it moves onto those controlling him. (was bringing that into it when his phones were ringing when she was released)

Unless they want to do a Walking Dead and have it go on and on :(

Nick

Administrator
Didn't get much further with that episode, how cotton is still playing them and nobody has a suspicion.

stupot07

God knows and now he's fitting up Steve Arnett.

Did he sleep with Denton? It's been so long since the second series was on I've forgotten.

lifeskyblue

Yes it's going on too long with Cotton. He should have been rumbled well before now. Will Neil morissey send through the evidence next week ....please. Then let's get cotton and possibly Ted in he frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Yes it's going on too long with Cotton. He should have been rumbled well before now. Will Neil morissey send through the evidence next week ....please. Then let's get cotton and possibly Ted in he frame.

He's framing arnott

Otis

You would have thought there would at least be a little flag up of suspicion. Too much getting under the radar.

My guess is that DC is sucked further and further into suspicion and he has to turn to Linzie Denton for help and they team up together.

lifeskyblue

Are there further series in the pipeline or is this the last one? I think it will be stretching it a bit far if dots deception s not picked up soon. It couldn't last to another run. Is Denton gonna turn out to be one of the good guys or one of the bad?

Otis

Are there further series in the pipeline or is this the last one? I think it will be stretching it a bit far if dots deception s not picked up soon. It couldn't last to another run. Is Denton gonna turn out to be one of the good guys or one of the bad?

Inbetween I think.

As is what happens in this programme, usually it is somewhere in the middle. Goodish cop, but a nasty piece of work.

Yeah, the Dot thing can't go on much longer surely.

Two more episodes left. Kind of get the feeling that this might well drag on into a 4th series. The Denton thing has carried over, so I think the Arnott demise may well just do exactly the same thing.

The way it's building up with the Masonic thing makes you think it will spill over into another series.

Users who are viewing this thread