League one/two released players 2017 (1 Viewer)

steve82

May be of interest to some to add clubs released players here to see who's available this summer and out of contract.

Chesterfield announced the following released. Manager Gary Caldwell announced on Friday that Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, Dan Jones and Angel Martinez would be leaving the club. The other players who have not been offered new contracts are Ritchie Humphreys, Liam Graham, Curtis Morrison, Jake Beesley, Thorsten Stuckmann, Lloyd Allinson, Sadiq El Fitouri, Jay O’Shea and Charlie Raglan.

steve82

Sylvain Ebanks Blake is still only 31 - he would score a few goals in L2

Hes far from the player he was and seems to have a bit of size about him these days.
His more recent stats are 13 goals in 62 league one appearances since 2015, and 2 in 20 league appearances this season.
Better than Tudgay tho since 2015!

mrtrench

I'd prefer to have Eddie Snoz from Lower Uddington Sporting and the like than more has-beens squeezing their last few thousands out of the game. I'd rather we can 12th next year and had a team that wants to play, has enthusiasm and will grow as a team.

CovisGod

I would take that lad every day of the week over keeping Tudgay on, a player with something to prove and an eye for goal rather than a washed up has been playing for one more paycheck.

It's a yes from me.

Ps. The second to last goal was beautiful.

steve82

A few possible targets here...
Northampton Town Player of the year Zander Diamond and goalkeeper Adam Smith are among five players to be released by Northampton.

Right-back Neal Eardley, 28, and midfielders Paul Anderson, 28, and 21-year-old Emmanuel Sonupe are also leaving the club.

steve82

Peterborough United have confirmed their retained list following the conclusion of the Sky Bet League One campaign with a number of players transfer listed because they are entering the final year of their contracts at the club (as per club policy.

A number of other players have been transfer listed, while we thank Craig Mackail-Smith Who returns to Luton Town (Mackail-Smith's contract runs out in the summer at the summer)

TRANSFER LISTED (Last year of Contract)
Michael Bostwick
Marcus Maddison
Lee Angol
Jordan Nicholson
Jerome Binnom-Williams
Hayden White
Luke James

TRANSFER LISTED
Adil Nabi
Brad Inman
Michael Smith
Shaquile Coulthirst

Ranjit Bhurpa

isnt Stuckmann a goalie?? dont like SEB after that scabby goal at Wolves, cheating fucker was offside and the ref should have known that, bunch of bastards.
Yes Stuckmann played against us at Deepdale 3 or 4 years ago and gave the finger to the Cov fans either at HT or FThursday with his back turned away from the ref.
Not judging him on his goalkeeping abilities at all but dislike him in the same way you dislike SEB.

Ranjit Bhurpa

Yes Stuckmann played against us at Deepdale 3 or 4 years ago and gave the finger to the Cov fans either at HT or FThursday with his back turned away from the ref.
Not judging him on his goalkeeping abilities at all but dislike him in the same way you dislike SEB.
Edit: FT.....bloody predictive text.

steve82

Bristol Rovers have said the following players have not received an offer; Will Puddy, Bob Harris, Danny Greenslade, Cristian Montano, Dominic Thomas, Jermaine Easter, Jamie Lucas and Jake Gosling.

Winny the Bish

One name to look out for: Gavin Massey of Leyton Orient. Was their best player, scoring 8 goals from the wing. Is on a pretty big wage by L2 standards but could be in play.

CJ_covblaze

Northampton Town Player of the year Zander Diamond and goalkeeper Adam Smith are among five players to be released by Northampton.

Right-back Neal Eardley, 28, and midfielders Paul Anderson, 28, and 21-year-old Emmanuel Sonupe are also leaving the club.

Adam Smith? We'll be fine and will avoid any international incidents as long as we don't go on any team bonding trips to Thailand. Tbf we're more likely to spend a week in Tile Hill.

larry_david

Zander Diamond and Rod McDonald were their CB partnership that helped them smash league 2. And wasn't Smith voted league 2 gk of the season? Go get them!

Esoterica

Why would Northampton release their player of the year ?
Why did we release Fleck and sell Vincelot? There could be a million reasons. Wanted a better contract than Northampton could offer after winning Player of the year, wants to prove himself higher up, maybe he's the cause of dressing room unrest, maybe the manager doesn't like him, maybe he wants to move closer to home, maybe he wants to free himself up to help the mighty CCFC with their L2 promotion push!!

steve82

Zander Diamond id be very interested in, ironically he's Jim O'Briens cousin.
As for Adam Smith id give a miss, conceded 63 league goals in 40 league games and Northampton have said there looking for a experienced keeper instead. His stats are slightly worse than lee Burge and we don't know what smiths downfalls are.
I'd still like us to look at a more experienced keeper personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garryb80

Zander Diamond id be very interested in, ironically he's Jim O'Briens cousin.
As for Adam Smith id give a miss, conceded 63 league goals in 40 league games and Northampton have said there looking for a experienced keeper instead. His stats are slightly worse than lee Burge and we don't know what smiths downfalls are.
I'd still like us to look at a more experienced keeper personally.

Yes he is only wanted by 3 Championship sides.. clearly useless.

steve82

Yes he is only wanted by 3 Championship sides.. clearly useless.

I'd didn't say he's useless.... he's no better than what we have and offered a new deal too. Surely you want to better your playing squad where and if possible. Smith don't do that to us.
Don't forget even championship clubs carry a lager pool of players so it's very likely one will offer him a deal, don't mean he's gonna be there no1 does it. Just one they may want to develop over a 2/3 year contract.
We're looking for now.

Garryb80

I'd didn't say he's useless.... he's no better than what we have and offered a new deal too. Surely you want to better your playing squad where and if possible. Smith don't do that to us.
Don't forget even championship clubs carry a lager pool of players so it's very likely one will offer him a deal, don't mean he's gonna be there no1 does it. Just one they may want to develop over a 2/3 year contract.
We're looking for now.

So a player wanted by 3 championship sides isn't good enough for a league 2 team with 2 below average keepers already here? Im not suggesting we sign him I am amazed you think he isn't better than what we have in a lower league.

steve82

So a player wanted by 3 championship sides isn't good enough for a league 2 team with 2 below average keepers already here? Im not suggesting we sign him I am amazed you think he isn't better than what we have in a lower league.

Without seeing him weekly other than when Northampton came to the Ricoh and drew 1-1 and we lost 3-0 at sixfields and never tested him im not saying he's better or worse.
However you can only go on his stats and they are worse than what we have in burge who has his own weaknesses and made errors. I can only go on that, but like I said in my other post we don't no what his weaknesses are in his game like we do burge.
Just because he's wanted by championship clubs as possible squad player who may be 3rd choice don't make him the no1 summer transfer target for any league two club when his club of two seasons are opting to go for experience over this highly sought after league one keeper.
I'm amazed you think he maybe better given them stats.

Garryb80

Without seeing him weekly other than when Northampton came to the Ricoh and drew 1-1 and we lost 3-0 at sixfields and never tested him im not saying he's better or worse.
However you can only go on his stats and they are worse than what we have in burge who has his own weaknesses and made errors. I can only go on that, but like I said in my other post we don't no what his weaknesses are in his game like we do burge.
Just because he's wanted by championship clubs as possible squad player who may be 3rd choice don't make him the no1 summer transfer target for any league two club when his club of two seasons are opting to go for experience over this highly sought after league one keeper.
I'm amazed you think he maybe better given them stats.

Are you forgetting his promotion with Northampton last season or conveniently leaving that bit out? Played every game, won the league conceded 46 goals in 46 games. Sounds a decent league two goalie to me and, after all, you cant argue with stats right?

steve82

Are you forgetting his promotion with Northampton last season or conveniently leaving that bit out? Played every game, won the league conceded 46 goals in 46 games. Sounds a decent league two goalie to me and, after all, you cant argue with stats right?

I ain't arguing with you, and no I didn't forget, but we don't no that won't happen with burge who hasn't played on league two yet.
End of the day why swap smith with burge when they've had similar seasons.
Ps don't forget Northampton don't seem to rate him too after that promotion last year. He don't sound built proof to me.

Garryb80

I ain't arguing with you, and no I didn't forget, but we don't no that won't happen with burge who hasn't played on league two yet.
End of the day why swap smith with burge when they've had similar seasons.
Ps don't forget Northampton don't seem to rate him too after that promotion last year. He don't sound built proof to me.

But you still don't want a proven league 2 title winning goalkeeper over Burge on the basis Burge might be good? No point continuing the debate if the answer to this is yes really. Burge isn't, and never will be, a decent league goalkeeper. We desperately need a more experienced or proven keeper.

Users who are viewing this thread