Latest Mobile Phones (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

Just wondered if anyone could recommend a decent phone out at the minute.

I currently have a HTC One and usually love HTC, but this one's been meh and had a few issues.

Don't particularly want an iPhone, but there are some good offers on them with EE.

Any help would be appreciated :)

pastythegreat

Just wondered if anyone could recommend a decent phone out at the minute.

I currently have a HTC One and usually love HTC, but this one's been meh and had a few issues.

Don't particularly want an iPhone, but there are some good offers on them with EE.

Any help would be appreciated :)
I've always used Samsung. I think (for what I need and use it for) it's streets ahead of the iPhone.
My Mrs. is apple and I'm Samsung, she's adamant iphone is best but.......... when she wants a photo, she'll use mine as she says my picture quality is better, if she watches a film/sky go she'll use mine as the screen is bigger/picture is better!
Your stuck with apple on using approved apps. I have a few film streaming apps on my phone that I can't get on her iphone as it block the download everytime.
My upgrade is due soon and can't wait for the galaxy s8. Looks awesome. I think iphone will be pushed to match it's spec on there next release at the end of the year!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

ccfc92

I've always used Samsung. I think (for what I need and use it for) it's streets ahead of the iPhone.
My Mrs. is apple and I'm Samsung, she's adamant iphone is best but.......... when she wants a photo, she'll use mine as she says my picture quality is better, if she watches a film/sky go she'll use mine as the screen is bigger/picture is better!
Your stuck with apple on using approved apps. I have a few film streaming apps on my phone that I can't get on her iphone as it block the download everytime.
My upgrade is due soon and can't wait for the galaxy s8. Looks awesome. I think iphone will be pushed to match it's spec on there next release at the end of the year!

I agree, and on top of all that, what pisses me off most about Apple is the charger for iPhones.

Every other manufacturer uses micro usb cables, I can even use my SnapOn torch charger to charge my phone! But Apple? No, you must have OUR chargers. Also we'll screw you over if you don't have the latest model by changing the charger port size :mad:

Skyblueloyal

I agree, and on top of all that, what pisses me off most about Apple is the charger for iPhones.

Every other manufacturer uses micro usb cables, I can even use my SnapOn torch charger to charge my phone! But Apple? No, you must have OUR chargers. Also we'll screw you over if you don't have the latest model by changing the charger port size :mad:

This is one of the reason I am going to Samsung when mine is up end of April, I had around 8 chargers for my iPhone 6

pastythegreat

The new headphones aswell, it isn't a 3mm jack. It's the charger port. Do you can't charge and listen to music at ghetto same time. What bright spark dreamt that up???

olderskyblue

The new headphones aswell, it isn't a 3mm jack. It's the charger port. Do you can't charge and listen to music at ghetto same time. What bright spark dreamt that up???

I think the predictive text is better on the iPhone though....

Liquid Gold

There's no perfect phone and I hate all the arguing about apple or android being better. You have to find what works for you.

Personally I have an iPhone but that's because I also have a MacBook and they pair together really well. I can make notes on my phone and they are instantly transferred to my mac, my calendars are synced and I can use my computer for phone calls and text messaging. Also any iBooks are transferred between devices and when you read to a certain page they will communicate and open on that page on both.

Marty

I'm using the One+ 3T. Brilliant phone, lightening fast to load apps, dash charge on it too so fully charges in about an hour. It doesn't heat up through use. Dropped it about 5 times onto hard surfaces and hasn't even so much as turned off. Solidly built. The case is built from a solid piece of metal (I want to say aluminium but not sure) so always has a weird yet lovely cold feel to it. Can't recommend it enough and about half the price as the galaxy s7.

Covstu

I have the Samsung S6 edge, its a great phone. I could have upgraded to the S7 but there is virtually no difference so just dropped my monthly charge instead. Going to look at the S8 when it comes out.

stupot07

I love my Samsung S7. I moved from an ipone and was a bit worried i wouldn't like android but I really love it now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

RegTheDonk

Still on galaxy note 4, not going to bother upgrading for the sake of it :)
I loved the Notes ... once you get used to the size, anything else just seems too small. I'd still have my Note 3 and SIM only deal, if the kids hadn't smashed the screen. My S7 is very nice though, but am dreading the day I need to take out the battery (which you can't).

SkyBlueScottie

Still using my Nexus 5, looking into installing a custom rom on it to get the latest google updates for it. Otherwise I would go for a Pixel or the One plus 3 T

Nick

Administrator
Thing is, I've found they don't really do much more than my note 4 so don't see the point in upgrading while it works.

AngryAnt

Little late to the party, but as someone who has had only HTC's since the smart phone era, I was a massive HTC fan.
That said, the latest is just too... apple wanna be. They want you to pay over the odds and frankly it doesn't (to me) even look that good.

I went with a Samsung S7 edge and I really didn't want to due to not liking just how aggressive Samsung are on their marketing, that said... Its a pretty amazing phone, I would be lost without it already.

Users who are viewing this thread