Jacob Murphy (1 Viewer)

lifeskyblue

Just seen he scored his 7th of season for Norwich. Also 6 assists. All at a higher level than last year. Not bad for a player often criticised by our fans.

PUSB

CJ_covblaze

If we could bring back players from last season my first choice would be Jack Stephens. Murphy second. When Norwich smashed us at the start of the season it was clear how good he was.

Gazolba

We thought a lot of players were bad last season. Little did we know how good we had it.

CJ_covblaze

True, we will probably be saying the same next season....remember how good Kevin Foley and Nathan Clarke were.

We once had Philippe Clement feeding Simon Haworth and Kyle Lightbourne. We had it so good. In all seriousness I'm struggling to think of anyone from the 90s that wouldn't walk into our current team. Evtushok and Nuzzo maybe?

Gaz71

We once had Philippe Clement feeding Simon Haworth and Kyle Lightbourne. We had it so good. In all seriousness I'm struggling to think of anyone from the 90s that wouldn't walk into our current team. Evtushok and Nuzzo maybe?

I'd take Martyn Booty, Jose Perdoma and Tony Dobson right now.

CovBurty

Murphy was class for us. But the loony fans wanted to see him running back and defending when he didn't have the ball. He's was a striker for fricks sake. How many times did Armstrong win the ball back? We worked Murphy hard. Sometimes a little lightweight in games, but he knew where the goal was. Not like this shower we have now. Perhaps we should try bright orange goal posts !

Terry Gibson's perm

We used to release players before they got into the first team that are better than the current lot

Grendel

Lazy though wasn't he? I remember seeing him stood still once. Load of rubbish.

There's probably a two minute video lurking in the archives somewhere.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Murphy was very over rated, as was Kent.

It's a bit of the Sterling syndrome going on. Does nothing for 15 games, then scores a goal and suddenly he is a magician.

Murphy scored yesterday, but his form is exactly what it was this time last year for us. He's scored about 3 in 23 and was one of the worst players in the team week in week out when they had their bad spell, same as with us last year.

He's a great player on his day, but his day doesn't come round often enough. The biggest thing with me is that he doesn't work hard enough when the chips are down, that is attacking-wise too. If his loan had been recalled in January, we would have finished higher than 8th in my opinion. It was like having 10 men so often. .

lifeskyblue

Murphy was very over rated, as was Kent.

It's a bit of the Sterling syndrome going on. Does nothing for 15 games, then scores a goal and suddenly he is a magician.

Murphy scored yesterday, but his form is exactly what it was this time last year for us. He's scored about 3 in 23 and was one of the worst players in the team week in week out when they had their bad spell, same as with us last year.

He's a great player on his day, but his day doesn't come round often enough. The biggest thing with me is that he doesn't work hard enough when the chips are down, that is attacking-wise too. If his loan had been recalled in January, we would have finished higher than 8th in my opinion. It was like having 10 men so often. .

He is a young lad developing his game. He did have quiet games last season and I'm sure he has had some at Norwich. But he has scored 7 at championship level. Not bad for someone you think 'was one of the worst players week in and week out'.
I wonder who you think has a better future in the game Murphy or any of the players who played on Saturday? I know who my money is on. Once he develops he may even become a premier league regular.

PUSB

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

He is a young lad developing his game. He did have quiet games last season and I'm sure he has had some at Norwich. But he has scored 7 at championship level. Not bad for someone you think 'was one of the worst players week in and week out'.
I wonder who you think has a better future in the game Murphy or any of the players who played on Saturday? I know who my money is on. Once he develops he may even become a premier league regular.

PUSB

Yeah, the thing is, comparing last years squad of players our current crop is a bit like comparing that FHM model you once pulled, to one of the characters out of the Rocky Horror show you stumbled across in a dark alley after a few too many scoops.

My point is not that he is a bad player, far from it. My point is he is too often a let down. His stats and consistency prove that, this year as well as last year.

He has more than a lot of players have, and that's why managers seem to stick with him even though he's just played 14 bad games in a row, but this can't be forgotten, and I certainly for one cannot, as I believe he was a massive burden on our promotion campaign in the second half of last season. If people start threads when he scores a goal, I will remind them that it's only his second or third in 20 matches. Just ask a Norwich fan. One of the weakest and ill performing players over their generally bad last 20 game spell.

lifeskyblue

Yeah, the thing is, comparing last years squad of players our current crop is a bit like comparing that FHM model you once pulled, to one of the characters out of the Rocky Horror show you stumbled across in a dark alley after a few too many scoops.

My point is not that he is a bad player, far from it. My point is he is too often a let down. His stats and consistency prove that, this year as well as last year.

He has more than a lot of players have, and that's why managers seem to stick with him even though he's just played 14 bad games in a row, but this can't be forgotten, and I certainly for one cannot, as I believe he was a massive burden on our promotion campaign in the second half of last season. If people start threads when he scores a goal, I will remind them that it's only his second or third in 20 matches. Just ask a Norwich fan. One of the weakest and ill performing players over their generally bad last 20 game spell.

I do agree that Murphy was disappointing for parts of last season but post Xmas most of the team seemed to go missing not just him. For me the season was derailed once turner was injured. We stopped playing the free flowing football that Armstrong, Murphy and Kent gave us the option to play.

PUSB

SkyBlue_Bear83

Don't think people doubted his ability, just his mentality and maturity.

Haven't watched him this season but the pattern of Norwich season has similarities with our own last season.

Users who are viewing this thread