Jack McBean wins LA Galaxy Awards (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Nick your obsession with mcbean is disturbing me now ;)

Not really an obsession, just think he is worth a seat on the bench.

That link is only from yesterday, so not bringing up old stuff from last year to try and prove anything :)

But for the record:

giphy.gif

smileycov

Facebook User
There must be more to it than we know, he would surely have featured in the checkatrade (or whatever it is!!) cup at least if not.

Nick

Administrator
Did ask his Dad, he said it was down to the manager when I asked why he wasn't playing, asked him about if there were any terms and he said he is trying his best to break into the 1st team.

stevefloyd

we are all desperate for new heroes to come in for us to worship, for some reason McBean isn't getting a look in even when we couldn't score ...very hard to understand this one

mark82

Should definitely be given a chance. I know Wright scored at the weekend but he'd be the one I'd drop out.

SKYBLUES90

U23 football is a completely different game to full league 1 first team action. Just because he's scoring against teams that may have players who are 17/18 years old doesn't automatically means he's ready for the step up.

Casing point George Thomas - he also scored today. However he isn't getting the same hype as Mcbean is...strange one or is that because we've seen him play this season and he's been written off by most. Say he gets a chance and doesn't score in his first 2 or 3 games what's the likelihood he gets binned back into U23 football.

I'm sure Mowbray and now Venus know what their doing

Grendel

Should definitely be given a chance. I know Wright scored at the weekend but he'd be the one I'd drop out.

Why? He's scored 2 goals and hardly been on the pitch yet. Thought he looked capable.

stupot07

Why? He's scored 2 goals and hardly been on the pitch yet. Thought he looked capable.
I must say, I haven't been overly impressed with him. His goal on Saturday as a good finish though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

stupot07

I think people are forgetting that mcbean is 2 years older than both agyei and wright and has already made a few first team appearances for LA Galaxy first team.

I know u23's is different, but I agree with Nick if he (and Devon Kelly-Evans) are scoring for fun and playing well, they should be given an opportunity to get themselves into match day squad.

I find the whole McBean loan odd. He turns 22 in 8 weeks time and yet has come half way around the world to play u23 football.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gazolba

You shouldn't drop someone that scores. Mowbray used to do that and look where it got us!
The U23's are a different level. Look how many G.Thomas scored for them but he was ineffective in the first team.

chickentikkamasala

I still feel a bit miffed on this signing. I say if he is scoring goals then push him on the bench, a 10-15 minute substitute appearance cannot do any harm.

no_loyalty

bring on bench for tudgay sure

anyone saying for wright needs their head read

If McCann is out injured then I agree that McBean should replace Tudgay, but if McCann is fit then we already have 5 loans in the matchday squad

mark82

bring on bench for tudgay sure

anyone saying for wright needs their head read

You can't just swap him for Tudgay because of loan player rules. I've nothing against Wright, he's just the loan striker who seems to be on the bench more often than not. Was more wanting to give McBean a chance rather than something Wright has done wrong. To be honest. I think the best option would maybe be to start him in the trophy and give 90 minutes to see what he can do.

ccfcway

George Thomas scores as much, should he get a chance on the bench too?

why would we pay to loan someone and them not have an impact on the 1st team ?

Thomas may come good and you can argue his wages today are an investment in the future.

covcity4life

You can't just swap him for Tudgay because of loan player rules. I've nothing against Wright, he's just the loan striker who seems to be on the bench more often than not. Was more wanting to give McBean a chance rather than something Wright has done wrong. To be honest. I think the best option would maybe be to start him in the trophy and give 90 minutes to see what he can do.
Yeah I agree with that except for Wright bit

Why swap a sub who scores for someone you hope will be a sub that scores?

Hadji10

why would we pay to loan someone and them not have an impact on the 1st team ?

Thomas may come good and you can argue his wages today are an investment in the future.

No idea.

The point I was making was that Thomas has scored for fun at this level too, and it hasn't translated to the first team, has it?

Users who are viewing this thread