Ivor Lawton (1 Viewer)

Joy Division

Whilst a don't agree with what cc4l is saying do you really think Thomas is getting a chance because he's a 'Cov kid'. Of course he isn't, it's because Slade thinks he's good enough and nothing more. He's not even from Coventry anyway.

All this Cov kid stuff is utter nonsense. Every last one of them would jump at the chance of leaving for more money or a bigger club, as I would.

Well, no I don't. It was kind of my point in response.

hill83

Well, no I don't. It was kind of my point in response.

Then we agree.
Internet-High-Five-high-five-30662642-480-444.jpg

steve82

Ok so he's a cov lad, been in the academy for years... shown some promise in jnr football and a fighting spirit in the U23's. Injuries are holding back form developing and actually getting near the first team. Has he actually shown anything to warrant holding on for... to me it's another Connor Thomas situation. No sentiment in football in the modern day, time to let him go.

Grendel

Thomas was rubbished on here for no reason. He'd be fine in this league this season. He's been a regular in the Swindon team yet we are all supposed to be upset a player hardly anyone has seen is leaving.

Grendel

Yes. I was a lone voice who advocated keeping Thomas and couldn't see what more Vincelot offered.

I just find the mentality on here regarding these local players bizarre.

On the one hand you are called a Wanker if you dare criticise Haynes but equally so if you think Thomas has merits. Thomas is strong, he's athletic and can tackle. Also he seems to be able to obey instructions as opposed to wandering around wherever the notion takes him.

Hobo

Yes. I was a lone voice who advocated keeping Thomas and couldn't see what more Vincelot offered.

I always thought Thomas was a tidy player. Fans had a real downer on him and unlucky with injuries at the start of last season. I think he needed a move just to get a fresh start.

Terry Gibson's perm

He was ok from the bits I read I thought he was box to box like Gerrard so what we got was a bit disappointing as he just sat deep but no worse than the talentless Reilly

wingy

Always liked Thomas and wanted to see him succeed here, but Vincelot shone in the role until December.

Otis

Hope so.

If he's not good enough so be it, but I hate it when we let players go and they do alright elsewhere.

He'll be dead keen tonight. Though in saying that, will probably get sent off after about 6 mins.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
anyone keep us updated how he does? i was chatting away to him on facebook for while while back seems be a good lad well grounded just wants play football.

steve82

Just been subbed off on 76 mins.
Just suppose he impresses MR, is this the end of Bigi? Don't no what his agent will think if a contract is put on the table to Lawton
Would each other really wanna play second fiddle to each other?

Hobo

I hope he comes good here, but if not at another club.

It is like Phillips and Haynes, both have weaknesses but strengths also. A lot depends on how you play them and who you have around them. At this level you don't get complete footballers..it's not Chelsea individuals making a team...it is just about getting a group of players that support each other and forge a team.

rupert_bear

Think he's worth a look at by the new manager. Why not, there's no sympathy in football and if he's not better than what we have or who Robins has on his radar let him go ..Sometimes Lady Luck plays her part and getting that serious injury at the time he did was pure bad luck but that's the business of pro football time doesn't stand still.

no_loyalty

Could do a decent job for us in league 2 next season

Users who are viewing this thread