I'm quite excited.... (1 Viewer)

CovisGod

At the prospect of having a team next season full of players I've never heard of and hopefully the chance of uncovered a couple of non-league gems.

I for one would much prefer players with something to prove than I would a player that's been round the houses, doesn't care about the club or its plight and is just after one last payday. I think Tudgays comments of "3 years, I can't believe I lasted that long" says all you need to know.

If our decent youth players stay, your Kelly-Evans, Stevenson, Thomas' which is of course a big if. Being joined by a couple of new lads from the lower leagues, I've got a feeling next season might be quite exciting under Robins.

Then again that's just me, ever the optimist.

Kingokings204

Wish I had your attitude, I look at it more like we are more likely to relegated to non league than promoted. Playing Lincoln city and Newport county in league games. Homeless in a year. Owners who couldn't give a toss. A team full of kids and loans again (hope I'm wrong)

I know what you mean but essentially when we lose the first two games I fear the worst. Sorry I can't help feeling this way.

ajsccfc

I think we'll have a good season, or at least relatively good considering where we are. Feels like we've hit the bottom now rather than continuing the slide.

covcity4life

i am also excited. want these non league gems but trust MR and wont be turning my nose up at a loanee from bigger club either.

also happy with the players MR is trying to keep. a team with willis,bigi,g thomas,jones will do well in league 2 i think. plus the additions MR will get of course.

Esoterica

I think we'll have a good season, or at least relatively good considering where we are. Feels like we've hit the bottom now rather than continuing the slide.
What are you basing that on? Unless I've missed it we've not even heard who has signed their contracts yet, or begun to bring in anyone new and are set for record low ST sales. No announcement on the academy future, someone is lying over the Ricoh extension conversations. None of it looks like rock bottom to me.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I don't think the difficulty in getting out of that division should be underestimated - Doncaster are an exception not the rule in bouncing back in one season (Scunthorpe another). Early days and lets give Robins a chance to assemble a squad first

Relegated from L1 in last 4 seasons and league 2 position 2016/17
2015/16
Doncaster - promoted 2016/17
Blackpool - playoffs 2016/17
Colchester 8th
Crewe 17th
2014/15
Notts County 16th
Crawley 19th
Leyton Orient - relegated from the EFL
Yeovil Town 20th
2013/14
Tranmere - non league
Carlisle - playoffs 2016/17
Shrewsbury- promoted 2015/16 finished 18th in L1
Stevenage 10th
2012/13
Scunthorpe - promoted 2013/14 finished 3rd in L1
Bury - promoted 2014/15 finished 19th L1
Hartlepool - relegated from EFL
Portsmouth - League 2 Champions

and afterall we are talking about CCFC aren't we .............. never do the expected or things easily...................

Ashdown

Starting again with SISU at the helm and the usual strong hold on the purse strings, some thing they will deliberately make tighter this year and blame the supporters for not buying so many ST's. A whole new team to gel on top of a couple of kids and still all the shit and lies going on in the background. I like Robins and think he generally does a good job ...... but if he pulls this off, we should start chipping in for the bronze !

fernandopartridge

Starting again with SISU at the helm and the usual strong hold on the purse strings, some thing they will deliberately make tighter this year and blame the supporters for not buying so many ST's. A whole new team to gel on top of a couple of kids and still all the shit and lies going on in the background. I like Robins and think he generally does a good job ...... but if he pulls this off, we should start chipping in for the bronze !

The budget is what the club earns, if it earns less the budget reduces. It's not about blame it's just reality.

steve82

I'm optimistic of a top 12 finish I don't quite think we will be a strong as we hope but as the league is generally quite open we will have a chance of the play offs. It will be next season we're more likely to go up.
That saying it really needs to be a bounce back season for us.
Until August 31st were only speculating about anything.
So many questions to answer with the playing squad to get a better more accurate feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brylowes

. Feels like we've hit the bottom now rather than continuing the slide.
The day before SISU fuck off will be the bottom IMO, from then on the club and fans can
Unite and begin the slow journey back to where we belong.
While they're still here there's no telling the depths we might plumb, I guess you could say
The bottom would be getting liquidated, so that would be it.

Esoterica

Our bottom of the league Gems lol yeah big ques for them
giphy.gif

CovBurty

I'm optimistic of a top 12 finish I don't quite think we will be a strong as we hope but as the league is generally quite open we will have a chance of the play offs. It will be next season we're more likely to go up.
That saying it really needs to be a bounce back season for us.
Until August 31st were only speculating about anything.
So many questions to answer with the playing squad to get a better more accurate feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
very sensible view. wish peeps would wait to see what players are in place when season starts. promotion is the aim. anything less is pants

ccfcway

its bloody dreadful. Going to the ricoh seeing closed stands, fewer games on sky, fewer write ups in the paper, less money, league games against Lincoln and Accrington Stanley etc etc

Nope, sorry, absolutely nothing for me to get excited about

stevefloyd

Come august we all hope that more goals have been introduced to the squad and the ability to shut up shop from midfield to protect the back 4/5 but obviously with hopefully quite a few players coming in its goubg to take a while for the team to gel only hope the fans are understanding and patient

Sky Blue Harry H

Absolutely nothing but blind optimism.

EDIT: not quite nothing I should say, there's Robins as I feel he's the right fit for us. If he swans off again, I'm giving up entirely

Come on ajs - Robins will go at some point (as all managers do, eventually). Either because he's done very well (in which case, so have we) or because he's failed (in which case, we may well want rid of - even if it will be SISU's fault!).

Skyblueweeman

Fuck sake...this place is like a morgue!!

I'm 100% on board that everything that's happening (or not) off the field, our relegation, our demise in the past 10 years etc etc all give you reasons to be pessimistic.

BUT....the reason for my optimism is Mark Robins. I've had a complete 360 on the guy after he left us last time. There's just something about him being here that I think is a massive difference on all the other managers we've had, since Micky Adams really. I wasn't excited by any that came in the door since then (although I thought Slade would be better for us)...not even Robins first time round. But seeing what he did first time round and the fact that our season ended better than it started, then I'm buzzing for next season in L2. Excuse the insect word but nows the time to contemplate an attempt to bounce back first time round...hopefully playing good football.

Yes, we might lose players...but every club does. And to be fair, weren't we supposed to lose RCC, Willis and Stevenson in January??

The suns out chaps, get a smile on your face and back the man Robins to deliver the good. F&$k everything else. I can't wait for the season to start already.

WM

* If we have a stinker next season, feel free to drag this one up and say I told you so.

Users who are viewing this thread