If it were a straight choice between ..... (1 Viewer)

Otis

Us having a 15 point deduction and a potential to be relegated to League 2, but staying at the Ricoh,

OR

Moving to Northampton for 3 years, but remaining in League 1.

Which would you take?

bigfatronssba

Don't even think that needs answering.

Your basically asking do you want your football club to survive?

Otis

Pointless question

Why?

Many on GMK advocating that moving away for a number of years and then returning to a new stadium could be a very good thing.

I would rather City in the Conference but playing here, rather than moving away for any length of time.

Don't think it is a pointless question at all.

bigfatronssba

Why?

Many on GMK advocating that moving away for a number of years and then returning to a new stadium could be a very good thing.

I would rather City in the Conference but playing here, rather than moving away for any length of time.

Don't think it is a pointless question at all.

Thank you for reminding me why I never go on gmk anymore!

Otis

Would say that it is quite a large number, if not a majority who are not against our playing elsewhere for a long term gain.

I just see it as a loss, and not even a short term one. Think it could be a lot longer than 3 years.

oakey

When someone you love is kidnapped you want them back but if they have been in the hands of kidnappers for 3 years what you would get back may be very different, indeed never the same again. 40 years of support trashed and the football authorities should be held accountable. We should bring a case against the FL for bringing the game into disrepute if they allow it.
Those on GMK, many like US don't go so unaffected. There is a little inner group who have contempt for the majority of City fans and mock those who are upset as mongs

Brighton Sky Blue

There is a very real possibility of us going ahead with the groundshare and losing 15 points because it is up to ACL to agree to any CVA put forward by Appleton.

Otis

Fair point, Brighton..

If we move away a small part of me would probably not mind the club being docked 15 points.

If so, the crowds would be even lower still with no hope of a good season.

Brighton Sky Blue

Fair point, Brighton..

If we move away a small part of me would probably not mind the club being docked 15 points.

If so, the crowds would be even lower still with no hope of a good season.

If the League approves this insanity then Scottish football it is for me. I'm fecked either way :facepalm:

theferret

If the League approves this insanity then Scottish football it is for me. I'm fecked either way :facepalm:

It really is lose-lose for you!

I'm a bit numb really. Never expected it to come to this.

What I do know is that I will find it very hard not to go. It's what I do. Perhaps the club might consider producing a new range of balaclavas so that those people who travel get to do so anonymously. Scabs!

Away games only for now I guess, but will have to see how things pan out. This whole sorry saga has a long way to run yet. Sad times.

Brighton Sky Blue

It really is lose-lose for you!

I'm a bit numb really. Never expected it to come to this.

What I do know is that I will find it very hard not to go. It's what I do. Perhaps the club might consider producing a new range of balaclavas so that those people who travel get to do so anonymously. Scabs!

Away games only for now I guess, but will have to see how things pan out. This whole sorry saga has a long way to run yet. Sad times.

I could stomach watching us be humiliated under that idiot Thorn but this is far beyond what I ever actually expected. The badge may say otherwise but for me a team playing in Northampton is not Coventry City and so I just can't support it even on an away only basis (makes no difference coming from Scotland anyway I guess!). It just isn't the same.

If we are hit with a further 15 point deduction and effectively playing all of our home games away from home we are very likely to end up in Lutons situation i.e. wallowing in the Conference for years or even worse. How far have we fallen with these clowns in charge.

Users who are viewing this thread