Had over a week off the beer (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Mainly due to work commitments but have to say it's nice waking up and not feeling rough

covcity4life

i am trying 1-2 months off now.

i dont drink regulary but when i do i tend to binge drink and i hate that about myself. want to quit completely eventually but november to feb i stopped drinking and felt good. hope to do similar this time.

hill83

I have 2 weeks off a month with work then only really have a few the two other weekends. Drink way less than I used to. Hate hangovers but really enjoy having a few beers.

Nick

Administrator
Didn't have a drink from December to Wembley and ended up having a few. I don't get hangovers so much of just pints I just feel tired and walk into things.

Off the beer again now apart from the Bud Light I have left in the fridge as a treat.

When it gets silly on shots that's when I want the world to end the next day.

Nick

Administrator
Shots are needless, mainly because they all usually hit me as I walk to get a taxi and then I'm finished.

A few different ones that I've had bad memories of, mainly aftershock or absinth and now the smell makes me heave. Wray and Nephew is another.

CJ_covblaze

I'm allergic to alcohol. Imagine watching games involving Coventry City and England sober 50-60 times a year.

Nick

Administrator
Used to be able to drink pints of Southern Comfort and Coke!

Eww, can't drink anything like that.

I've always wondered who ever thinks to themselves as a treat they will have a nice refreshing Pernod and Black!!

giphy.gif

bringbackrattles

Used to drink most nights years ago as the pubs I frequented were lively even during the week. If I missed a night I was wondering if I missed anything ? These days its usually just weekends and often just a Saturday. Friends I used to drink with are either dead or now teetotal ! Add to that many of the pubs are long gone so a binge drink is the norm now.

Sick Boy

I'm thinking of packing it in completely as it doesn't really agree with me. I don't binge drink anything like I used to when younger but that's only due to becoming more and more aware of the fact I had and still have a difficult relationship with alcohol. Now that I'm 32 I'm not so bothered about what others think about it.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

A couple of years ago I worked at a backpackers hostel out in San Diego, we drunk every fucking night, heavily as well.

The day after I came back from the trip was a Sunday, and everyone I was texting to come out was quite sternly asking what was wrong with me as they had work in the morning.

I'd managed to work out that over the course of 5 months I only had four days where I didn't drink. That was only because I was either travelling between cities, or on one occasion too ill - probably from the booze.

Was an amazing trip, but not partying and having the longest holiday blues hanging over me made me full on depressed for about 3 weeks after I came back.

What an experience though!

covcity4life

my hangovers last 3-4 days now. first its headache then stomach ache which lasts days

but i have also noticed it causes havoc with my brain in terms of paranoia and depression

i want to stop,i guess its just fact that 1 or 2 feels good. if you could stop there then great. but then you hit 3 or 4 and the thought of ending night early is a real downer lol

its a drug, need to kick it!

fernandopartridge

I like the idea of giving up boozing, but I just love beer too much and trying different beers. If I was one of these characters who guzzles Carling everyday I think it'd be a piece of piss.

scubasteve

I used to drink just to get as pissed as possible when I was younger, just hammer back pint after pint of carling (wouldn't touch the crap now) and could drink on a work night no hangover the next day. Now I prefer to just have a few decent beers/ales, grab 3/4 bottles from beer gonzo in earlsdon and get the taste buds going, and drink only at the weekend. or share a good bottle of wine with the wife. quality over quantity means I can enjoy a drink without the hangovers.

Great_Expectations

I like the idea of giving up boozing, but I just love beer too much and trying different beers. If I was one of these characters who guzzles Carling everyday I think it'd be a piece of piss.

Completely agree with this. As soon as I know a new ale pub/bar has opened or I find a pub with a good selection of guest ales, I am genuinely excited.

I am one of those sad real/craft ale fans. Every time we go abroad I always make it my personal goal to find a decent ale bar. We went to Aruba in the summer and I managed to find a brilliant craft ale bar two minutes from the hotel, my girlfriend was delighted...

Users who are viewing this thread