Glastonbury Traffic (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

I am travelling to Cornwall on Friday afternoon for a family party, knowing that Glastonbury is on this weekend, is it likely that I am going to be stuck on the M5 for hours?

jimmyhillsfanclub

Yeah....most folks will be there by Friday afternoon & the M5 will be OK anyhow as Pilton is about 20 miles off the M5 so its the A-roads that get proper clogged.

When is your return journey planned?

no_loyalty

Yeah....most folks will be there by Friday afternoon & the M5 will be OK anyhow as Pilton is about 20 miles off the M5 so its the A-roads that get proper clogged.

When is your return journey planned?

Thanks for replies, I will be returning late afternoon Sunday

CCFC88

I went last year, travelled down on the Thursday afternoon and pretty much everyone was in by that point, no queues on motorways and pretty much drove straight into the field I was parking in. Came back on the Sunday afternoon and much the same, no traffic at all.

Weather looks rotten this year from news reports but it wont result in the traffic affecting the M5.

chiefdave

Friday afternoon will be fine. If the weather is awful you might get a few people leaving early Sunday afternoon but you'll probably be fine then as well.

W

westcountry_skyblue

I live in Somerset and the M5 will be fine at those times as ive Travelled around the area while the festival is on.
Only time I avoid the M5 around Brizzle is Fridays on a bank holiday southbound and Bank holiday Monday northbound!!!

Users who are viewing this thread