George Thomas (1 Viewer)

vow

As i said fairplay for getting in the right spots still

Just thought he lost thr ball alot today. Misplaced passes alot in first half and first touch sometimes lacking. A few people in my block commented he wasnt having best of games

Good sign if he gets in right places though

So take that you rude miserable c**t
Agreed, he didn't have the best of games today, but thats due to him having up the standard in the last few weeks, so folks expect better.

vow

Jones looked very good for me today ubtil like u said he went trhu a phase of really bad passws. Robins subbed him off but i would have kept him on personally.
disagree with this, Jones had his moments today, granted, but his decision making in the final third (apart from his shot that was saved) at times were shocking, he should have crossed it early for Kwame Thomas, who was in acres of space, 2nd half.

covcity4life

See I didn't think he did look that good today. Yes he got into good positions but didn't know what to do when he got there.

He's a very marmite type of player, usually by the game! Can love him one week and hate him the next.

Agree on Marmite performancea.

Today hw had defensers running scared.bhis crosses were pretty good for once too. His cross shot also reboubded to i thibk g thomas who missed open goal. Hopefully robins can make him a real protagonist

higgs

Is he our top goalscorer in the league on 4 goals?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

steve82

He's currently the clubs top goal scorer on 8 goals passing sordell's 7 goals in all comps.
However he is joint top league goal scorer with 4 goals shared with Tudgay, Agyei and Sordell. Kwame Thomas is joint 2nd on 3 with Willis

higgs

He's currently the clubs top goal scorer on 8 goals passing sordell's 7 goals in all comps.
However he is joint top league goal scorer with 4 goals shared with Tudgay, Agyei and Sordell. Kwame Thomas is joint 2nd on 3 with Willis
Top goalscorer in the league with 4 says it all when you see david wheater with 7 league goals

skybluepm2

I cannot believe how much this boy has come on since the turn of the year. Confidence may we'll have played its part, but he has just kept excelling beyond belief. I'm sure Robins will do all he can to tie him down.

higgs

He's got great potential alright hope to see him stay for another two seasons you can see he cares about the club. Can't believe Marc antoine fortune has scored more in the league than any of our squad

Warwickhunt

He's got great potential alright hope to see him stay for another two seasons you can see he cares about the club. Can't believe Marc antoine fortune has scored more in the league than any of our squad

That's what happens when you give players game time! George Thomas is now getting the game time and hopefully keep scoring to the end of the season as we certainly need momentum starting the new season

the rumpo kid

george was garbage yesterday , dont think he completed a pass all day, saying that he has got better since the start of the season.

JulianDarbyFTW

Imho he'll be here next season. Yes, he's come on in the last few weeks, but he was no world beater for the first 6 months of the season. Just happened to find a rich vein of form at the right time.

Why are we so eager to mentally sell every player with an ounce of promise? Regardless of your opinion of TF and SISU, they didn't sell the kitchen sink in January, so why would they do so in the summer? I imagine there will be relegation clauses in contracts, so wages should be manageable, and I refuse to believe they won't want to go straight back up. Yesterday was the start of the journey, not the end.

Covstu

Don't jump the gun. I don't think we will get rid of Thomas. Actually not too bothered about Stevenson, could use the money. Not too bothered about some of the others either. If some of them are sold it won't be the end of the world, though some on here will tell us it is.

Don't forget these are the "stars" that have relegated us. I would be happy to keep them all but if they are sold, then they are sold. I believe Robins unlike Mowbray and Slade will recruit successfully.

All just my opinion, of course.
Totally agree, too many fans think we have a team of superstars

Captain Dart

Top scorer in the league now.

Gazolba

I have said that George Thomas is lacking in pace, which he is ... <snip>
I find comments like this quite amusing, if a player lacks 'pace,' whatever that means, why don't they practice running and sprinting. It's a skill that can be improved with practice like any other.
That said, however, pace is an over-hyped asset. The ball can always travel many times faster than a player can, so the most important asset for a player is to be in the right place at the right time to receive a pass and be able to control it quickly and easily when it arrives. And it goes without saying, you need players who can make those passes.

Adge

Good enough goal but then we see why he is at this level when clean through in the second half he ballooned one onto Jimmy Hills head in the stand.

stevefloyd

He started pre season looking busy but fading badly, got into the 1st team and looked dreadful and rightly dropped, his 1st touch is not great, except for the Wembley cracker, he gets caught in possession quite a bit and seriously lacks pace. Its up to him now how he can overcome the lack of pace and develop his game he is adding goals now so unless we cash in on his fairytale rise to fame let's see how he will do next season if he 're signs

dongonzalos

That's what happens when you give players game time! George Thomas is now getting the game time and hopefully keep scoring to the end of the season as we certainly need momentum starting the new season

Too many of our lads are written off by fans way too early
Ironically Grendel us one of the worst culprits if this. Good to see him giving a young player backing for once

Adge

He started pre season looking busy but fading badly, got into the 1st team and looked dreadful and rightly dropped, his 1st touch is not great, except for the Wembley cracker, he gets caught in possession quite a bit and seriously lacks pace. Its up to him now how he can overcome the lack of pace and develop his game he is adding goals now so unless we cash in on his fairytale rise to fame let's see how he will do next season if he 're signs
Indeed! Was dreadful early season and rightly criticised and was then out of the team. Was it Slade or Venus that moved him out to the right where he now looks more at home?

steve82

Indeed! Was dreadful early season and rightly criticised and was then out of the team. Was it Slade or Venus that moved him out to the right where he now looks more at home?

I'd not say he was dreadful early in the season, more looked like a youth player stepping up too soon. he's certainly grown and developed a bit over the campaign. It was Russell Slade against Bolton who put George to the right.
That said he was very bulky up top after the summer and seemed slower than the more leaner George now.
Which also bring the question that Mark Robins has picked up on and that's the fitness levels in the squad.
Sounds like a poor program all round last summer didn't get the players in the right condition and shape.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread