George Thomas (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
He's definately improved.

And I think he's found his position playing wide right.

In front of goal in the centre he lacks the instinct knowing what to do. Coming in from the side he seems to find more time to think about what he needs to do.

Too many times early on we seen him imitate a rabbit in headlights when in on goal.

More recently he's found the confidence to do something with the chances

I hope we can keep him, but we need others to play in the strikers role also, so if the budget relied on him staying and someone coming in, I wouldn't want to be Robins having to make that call

Grendel

I would be happy to keep all of them at division 4 level. TBF.
However I can see them all moving on realistically

I wouldn't. These players have collectively relegated us they can fuck off

Cov kid 55

I think George Thomas has a little way to go before he would command a place in a Championship side, or indeed, in one of the stronger League 1 sides. The gulf between League 1 and Championship is significant. His technique for the goal at Wembley was excellent, but he does lack pace at the moment, which is an important attribute the higher up the leagues you go. I think it would be better if he stayed with us and gained experience through game time, otherwise I can see him spending a lot of time on a bench somewhere.

torchomatic

Willis will definitely go.

Fair enough. No player is irreplaceable. We need players who want to play for CCFC.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I would be happy to keep all of them at division 4 level. TBF.
However I can see them all moving on realistically

Really?
Foley? Tudgay? Jack Finch? (Ok he's nowhere to be seen but he's still on the books :))

I'm still unsure about the two keepers. Yes Burge has improved but how many times do we keep hold of players just for the sake of it when we know there's better out there?

Turnbull likely to stay but he only seems to do well alongside an experienced head.

Clarke offered that but he's a bit hung ho for my liking. Too long ball, Bradford like. It's not how Robins will want to play.

Grendel

Really?
Foley? Tudgay? Jack Finch? (Ok he's nowhere to be seen but he's still on the books :))

I'm still unsure about the two keepers. Yes Burge has improved but how many times do we keep hold of players just for the sake of it when we know there's better out there?

Turnbull likely to stay but he only seems to do well alongside an experienced head.

Clarke offered that but he's a bit hung ho for my liking. Too long ball, Bradford like. It's not how Robins will want to play.

Burge has to go. You can see what a real goalkeeper can give you from today. He saved them numerous times. We are supposed to laud Burge if he actually catches a ball

Hobo

Has developed well.. But wasn't rushed or over played.....lessons to be learnt there, some wanted to throw him in at start of last season.

Grendel

Great save from that fabulous move between lameiras and Thomas

No any keeper remotely competent would have saved it. That's the problem he's set a bar of acceptability so low. He's just s very very sub standard player - we need a lot better

I assume your referring to burges long distance save?

Sky Blue Pete

No any keeper remotely competent would have saved it. That's the problem he's set a bar of acceptability so low. He's just s very very sub standard player - we need a lot better

I assume your referring to burges long distance save?
No when Thomas was through and chipped it over the keeper and he somehow saved it

Grendel

Grendel

Who was the last keeper we paid a fee for?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

October - "George Thomas is shit we should get rid of him asap"

April - "George Thomas is player of the season, he's good enough for the championship. Bet sisu cash in on him"

Hypocrisy in our fans is unbelievable.
That's not hypocrisy in October he was shit now anybody in our team who has more than two good games is in contention for player of the season. Championship team took madison didnt they?

covcity4life

Wasnt at his best today but fairplay bagged a goal and got in right positions for more

Really hope we keep him for league 2

dongonzalos

Really?

Sorry matey I meant keeping all the players mentioned in the original post not this team.

Grendel

Wasnt at his best today but fairplay bagged a goal and got in right positions for more

Really hope we keep him for league 2

Did you turn up today? If it wasn't for them actually having a decent keeper he'd have had a hat trick wouldn't he?

covcity4life

Did you turn up today? If it wasn't for them actually having a decent keeper he'd have had a hat trick wouldn't he?

As i said fairplay for getting in the right spots still

Just thought he lost thr ball alot today. Misplaced passes alot in first half and first touch sometimes lacking. A few people in my block commented he wasnt having best of games

Good sign if he gets in right places though

So take that you rude miserable c**t

letsallsingtogether

As i said fairplay for getting in the right spots still

Just thought he lost thr ball alot today. Misplaced passes alot in first half and first touch sometimes lacking. A few people in my block commented he wasnt having best of games

Good sign if he gets in right places though

So take that you rude miserable c**t
Shame old Jodi Jones can't pass he was in some good positions today.

Terry Gibson's perm

To save the hassle with choosing a player of the year there shouldn't be one and no end of season party for them, these shits have just got our club relegated to the lowest level.

Next week after the final whistle next week they should get off the pitch and go home none of this thanking the fans rubbish.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Jones looked very good for me today ubtil like u said he went trhu a phase of really bad passws. Robins subbed him off but i would have kept him on personally.

See I didn't think he did look that good today. Yes he got into good positions but didn't know what to do when he got there.

He's a very marmite type of player, usually by the game! Can love him one week and hate him the next.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I'd love George Thomas to stay, but to be honest there are very few others I think are capable of helping us get promoted back. The have a losing mentality . The likes of Lamieres can do all the tricks they want but if they simply pass it in the end to the opposition they can bugger off.

Users who are viewing this thread