Frank de Boer sacked by Palace after 4 league games (1 Viewer)

oucho

OK they didn't start well, but played OK at Burnley. Hardly the manager's fault the players missed some sitters that day.

I think this may be a new record for the Premier League - fewest League games by a "permanent" manager before getting the sack.

Ridiculous decision-making.

Otis

OK they didn't start well, but played OK at Burnley. Hardly the manager's fault the players missed some sitters that day.

I think this may be a new record for the Premier League - fewest League games by a "permanent" manager before getting the sack.

Ridiculous decision-making.

I saw some of the game yesterday and they created a stack of chances, but a combination of ill luck, poor finishing and great goalkeeping denied them.

Seems very harsh.

wingy

I saw some of the game yesterday and they created a stack of chances, but a combination of ill luck, poor finishing and great goalkeeping denied them.

Seems very harsh.
Scott Dann could have had four.

lifeskyblue

I'm afraid this hurried and ill-judged decision reflects all that is wrong with professional football in England. Palace played ok yesterday as has already been mentioned. Seems at last the players are beginning to respond to the manager's demands...and then the sack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bringbackrattles

Terrible decision. I also watched the highlights and Palace played well. It takes more than 4 games for a side to settle into a new style of playing. Then again we should of got rid of Slade after one game !

CJ_covblaze

I love Roy but I think it's a bonkers decision to employ him. Got to question why he'd take it too. His reputation is already in tatters, why inflict more damage to it?

CJ_covblaze

Slade 1 game?...should have been half-time. Or better still after the warm-up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That first game was a perfect opener to show how incompetent the man is. Started how he continued to go on.

Gazolba

I remember de Boer when he played for Ajax - fantastic player. Both the de Boer brothers were. The kind of players that never seemed to do anything wrong and won 75% of 50:50 balls.

Marty

Wrong man to start with I'm afraid. Take away his first 4 years at Ajax and he's failed as a manager. It was always a massive task to take over from big Sam, completely different styles of play. Needed a lot of time and money spent to change the personal. Stoke have managed it quite gradually and now look a comfortable mid table team with some great players.

Woy is a terrible choice, why is nobody willing to give proven championship managers a go?

Users who are viewing this thread