Feeder nteams in Celtic League (1 Viewer)

MiriamNovo

I have a great idea that could be good for English, Scottish, Welsh, and Irish football.
I think that a good way to improve the standard of the Welsh League and the lower divisions of the Scottish League would be to allow English sides to buy up small Scottish or Welsh League sides. Particularly English Premiership league sides could buy up Welsh or Scottish League sides and develop young players in these teams. I support the Welsh and Scottish League, but some of the clubs have reached saturation point. Imagine if we allowed clubs like Manchester United, Manchester City, QPR, West Brom, Everton, Liverpool, Newcastle United and Chelsea to buy up Welsh Scottish sides such as Bangor City, Holywell Town, Stranraer, Annan, Berwick and Queen of the South and to use these clubs as feeder sides. Abroad in Spain, Germany, France and the Netherlands big clubs have reserve sides playing in the lower divisions such as the Spanish second division, with the Barcelona B team for Barcelona, or Ajax Jong as the reserve team for Ajax. So young players can get experience against real sides. It looks like the Scottish and English leagues will not allow reserve teams into their lower leagues. So a good solution to this problem could be to allow English sides to buy up lower division Scottish sides or Welsh Premier sides to develop young players. So that clubs like Stranraer, Annan, Bangor City, Holywell Town, Selkirk (In the Lowland League) and Queen of the South could develop young players for major English teams. The Scottish league is a high standard so English clubs could know how good their players are from how high they finish on the Scottish League.
The advantages of this for Scottish and Welsh clubs are a) More investment into Welsh and Scottish football, b) More great players starting their careers in the Welsh and Scottish League, c) The chance of the quality of football in Wales and Scotland improving. d) Higher attendances in Welsh and Scottish football due to better players being in the league.
The advantages for the English clubs are 1) The chance for young players to get early competitive football, b) the chance for the Eng,lish clubs to put out theuir brand in Scotland and England. c) The chance to use the clubs to seel on good players who do not quite make the grade at English Premiership level. d) The chance for a extra competitive team just over the border from England so little travel costs to see the players.
This would help Scottish and Welsh football. The idea could also be done for small Irish league sides.
Premiership clubs have so much money they could afford to invest heavily in a Scottish, Irish or Welsh feeder side.
-

Covstu

I know what you mean however could you see the SFA or WFA allowing their league to be practically owned by England, i dont think so personally. Also i think we need to look closer to home on this count, there are many lower league clubs in England equally struggling.

Personally i wouldnt feel happy for my clubs existance was purely there to feed a bigger fish.

Users who are viewing this thread