Fábio Tavares (1 Viewer)

Boicey

We definitely need players who can help cover our full backs. Sakamoto has the engine and increasing ability to do that. Not sure Tavs can. Although he’s not had much chance to prove himself tbf.
Mind you same issue with Wright and Bidwell really. Bidwell has often been left out to dry.

Martin180

We definitely need players who can help cover our full backs. Sakamoto has the engine and increasing ability to do that. Not sure Tavs can. Although he’s not had much chance to prove himself tbf.
Mind you same issue with Wright and Bidwell really. Bidwell has often been left out to dry.
It's the sacrifice you make for playing on the front foot . Man City , Liverpool , Arsenal all concede goals because of their commitment to attacking .
I know which style I prefer compared to lasts season style of play

SkyBlueSteve81

It's not fair to judge the lad on the sporadic 5 minutes here and there that he gets. One thing is for certain though, I prefer him playing high on the right and Milan at right back rather than Lati at right back and Milan high on the right. Once Sakamoto is fit again he takes the starter spot, Fabio looks a decent option to bring on or rotate with Sakamoto. Depends who else the recruitment team have their eye on though. Maybe Fabio gets a chance as a central striker too, his pace is good if the midfielders can supply the right passes.

skybluecam

He looked absolutely pony in his first few appearances this season but against Southampton and yesterday he was constantly a threat coming off the wing. His crossing particularly is constantly dangerous.

JSL

I would go as far as to say that Adi and Robbins have been trying to convert him to a winger since they didnt get what they wanted in the January transfer window in a needs must situation

Grendel

He looked absolutely pony in his first few appearances this season but against Southampton and yesterday he was constantly a threat coming off the wing. His crossing particularly is constantly dangerous.

The problem is he is very limited in other aspects of his game - it worked against United as they just seemed to have took the foot off the gas so much they could not get back into it. At least he should get a career in the game now as will get some interest

skybluecam

The problem is he is very limited in other aspects of his game - it worked against United as they just seemed to have took the foot off the gas so much they could not get back into it. At least he should get a career in the game now as will get some interest
Is it a problem if he’s effective? Not a long term solution but he should get some starts between now and the end of the season if he’s fit.

OffenhamSkyBlue

I thought Tav was fab yesterday, and it was a shame he had to go off after getting clattered by Maguire & co. He caused them real problems and linked up well with MVE.
One comment i would make is that when Godden came on, he gave us real pace in the front line for the first time (which worried Onana), which wasn't apparent from Simms and Wright, who may be deceptively quick and don't notice it.

TomRad85

why not, wan bissaka is a better defensive full back than anyone we will face next year

he looks to be adapting his game well
I've heard lot of best defensive full back talk about Wan Bissaka... I mean I know its one game but we're a Championship team and I thought he was dreadful.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

San Francisco

I've heard lot of best defensive full back talk about Wan Bissaka... I mean I know its one game but we're a Championship team and I thought he was dreadful.

Agreed, he was dire and one of their worst players yesterday. Tavares made him look pedestrian and he carelessly played Wright near enough onside for the disallowed goal.

skybluecam

when Godden came on, he gave us real pace in the front line for the first time
Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

because he was playing against defenders with 105 mins of football in their legs...

stupot07

3 goals and 2 assists in 360 minutes i.e. 4 full games worth.
Yeah he's done well. People need to get over the fact he's not a Tats or an O'Hare he ain't going to dribble past players from a standing start, but a 1-2 into space he's rapid. His interplay with Milan and O'Hare as really good yesterday. Both his assists have been brilliant balls into the box.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

rob9872

He's fine, would be more than happy if he stays, but I'd question whether he'll want and need more minutes at his age and not sure we can offer him that. Wright and Simms are rightly first names down, so it's a cameo or when they're injured/suspended. It's fine for a season coming back from injury, but next season he needs to play. Probably be at Shrewsbury!

skybluecam

Wonder if any clubs have taken note of that performance. To this day I think George Thomas snagged that Leicester contract solely off the back of a Wembley goal. Bet there would be League One clubs looking to take a chance on him.

shmmeee

Yeah he's done well. People need to get over the fact he's not a Tats or an O'Hare he ain't going to dribble past players from a standing start, but a 1-2 into space he's rapid. His interplay with Milan and O'Hare as really good yesterday. Both his assists have been brilliant balls into the box.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

TBF his one yesterday was crap and behind Simms.

Gint11

Tavares was brilliant when he came on. A threat on the right and Wan-Bisaka could not live with him. Fair play to him but agree, he needs games.

Johnnythespider

Fair play to him, despite any misgivings he's impacted games in a positive way whenever he's been put on, I'd keep him but it all depends on who we buy and where he sits in the pecking order. He's improved no end with more minutes and has put that injury behind him but I'm not sure he'll get many starts.

Tommo1993

Credit when it’s due, he was good yesterday and Wan-Bissaka didn’t know what to do with him. Could’ve been the difference before pens. We’ll never know now.

skyblu3sk

I'd be giving him a chance now. Some quality crosses pinged in, still looks like Bambi at times but so did Gyokeres and Wright I'd be willing to experiment!

TomRad85

If he comes good and Robins turns him into a player that regularly looks like he belongs at this level then its another masterstroke really isn't it. Could save us a few quid too.

ccfc1234

He has trained on under the watchful eye of Adi and the coaching team. I actually think he has the potential to be a back up for Saka and also be a 4th choice ST. For those reasons he is worth keeping in the squad.

Martin180

I’m looking forward to what more we can see from Fabio. Versatile attacker.

Would definetly keep hold of him for next season . Plays on the front foot , creates chances and can score goals .
He would likely be down the pecking order next season but is a popular member of the squad , does well when given an opportunity and would likely be on a relatively low wage

Users who are viewing this thread