Ex Player Watch (7 Viewers)

dongonzalos

Nimley would be a good signing for us
Unfortunately can't imagine he would drop to this level.
The style of footy would suit him though.

lordsummerisle

get real , when have sisu listened to anybody, espically supporters.

Supporters and SISU equally culpable in that debacle.

Though history can always be rewritten again to show how nobody wanted him as manager and that Szisu were stupid to appoint him I suppose.

A lot of that goes on here when it concerns SISU.

Grendel

Nimley would be a good signing for us
Unfortunately can't imagine he would drop to this level.
The style of footy would suit him though.

Didn't old fatty say that we couldn't get him as he was joining another premier league club?

Probably the same club as Malaga was going to join.

Joy Division

Supporters and SISU equally culpable in that debacle.

Though history can always be rewritten again to show how nobody wanted him as manager and that Szisu were stupid to appoint him I suppose.

A lot of that goes on here when it concerns SISU.

You're a supporter, I guess that makes you equally responsible?

johnwillomagic

Ex-player watch Jeffers on bench for Peterboro...what bellends we were for saying glad to let him go.
Sheff unused sub most of the time at Chesterfield,,,,,cant help but think that people who start these threads don't tell the whole story,,,,:whistle:

The Gentleman

Andy Thorn seemed to think so according to his CV.

Then again he's a complete fucking idiot.

Really ? "A complete fucking idiot" you say. Like him or not, he's not done too bad up-to now has he ? I would imagine he has made more money than most on this forum and that would include you I would wager. So what does that make you ? Just for the record, I wasn't a fan of his especially when he allowed a lot of the first team to go to the races and miss training a couple of days before a match. However, despite him dragging us down, he musn't be that much of a fucking idiot if he can pull the wool over the super sharp suits that are Sisu can he ?

Grendel

Really ? "A complete fucking idiot" you say. Like him or not, he's not done too bad up-to now has he ? I would imagine he has made more money than most on this forum and that would include you I would wager. So what does that make you ? Just for the record, I wasn't a fan of his especially when he allowed a lot of the first team to go to the races and miss training a couple of days before a match. However, despite him dragging us down, he musn't be that much of a fucking idiot if he can pull the wool over the super sharp suits that are Sisu can he ?

He didn't pull the wool over sisu. The fans wanted him - they loved him. Shows how stupid some fans can be. As for the earnings comment that I wouldn't know but doubt as scout of a championship club he was taking it in. Even if be was I hardly see earnings as a neccesary baramoter of ability. Mugawbe is the richest man in Zimbawbe - he certainly isn't the best man.

Joy Division

He didn't pull the wool over sisu. The fans wanted him - they loved him. Shows how stupid some fans can be. As for the earnings comment that I wouldn't know but doubt as scout of a championship club he was taking it in. Even if be was I hardly see earnings as a neccesary baramoter of ability. Mugawbe is the richest man in Zimbawbe - he certainly isn't the best man.

Hold on, did you just compare Andy Thorn to Robert Mugabe? :facepalm:

Grendel

Hold on, did you just compare Andy Thorn to Robert Mugabe? :facepalm:

No it was a deliberately absurd comparison to highlight the absurdity of the comment - namely if someone has more money they must be better and beyond criticism. That is nonsense.

Joy Division

No it was a deliberately absurd comparison to highlight the absurdity of the comment - namely if someone has more money they must be better and beyond criticism. That is nonsense.

Apology accepted

lordsummerisle

Joey Essex probably makes more money than most on this forum, and he's definitely not the brightest.

Probably make a better football manager than Thorn still.

The Gentleman

Joey Essex probably makes more money than most on this forum, and he's definitely not the brightest.

As I said, I wasn't a fan of Thorn and never thought he was much cop, but to call him a fucking idiot when he can make Sisu give him all that money by being shit, not that stupid. BTW my wife once read that the cast of TOWIE used to get paid about 30 quid a day or something like that, working in MacDonalds will get you more than that

Grendel

Probably brighter as well.

lordsummerisle

As I said, I wasn't a fan of Thorn and never thought he was much cop, but to call him a fucking idiot when he can make Sisu give him all that money by being shit, not that stupid. BTW my wife once read that the cast of TOWIE used to get paid about 30 quid a day or something like that, working in MacDonalds will get you more than that

Well he got £60,000 for a couple of weeks on I'm a Celebrity, plus appearance work, think it's about £120 a day they're on anyway on TOWIE.

Joy Division

The majority of supporters wanted him, and still wanted him even when it was blatantly obvious he was totally out of his depth, I was in the minority, as I was with Sisu, Coleman, Ranson etc.

I supported him when he was manager but I never wanted him, but don't feel the need to win internet points by claiming so. I find it odd why people seem to be obsessed by him and bring his name up on a thread that is nothing to do with Thorn. We've moved on, I've moved on and don't particularly wish to look back on that period.

thaiskyblue

I supported him when he was manager but I never wanted him, but don't feel the need to win internet points by claiming so. I find it odd why people seem to be obsessed by him and bring his name up on a thread that is nothing to do with Thorn. We've moved on, I've moved on and don't particularly wish to look back on that period.
totally agreed we've had shaw, carsley, robbins and now pressley, snce then why the obbsesson with andy thorn

wingy

Looking like that final game at Sixfields could have shades of 67 about It ,the only match I will watch there this season.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Cranie is looking forward to playing us tomorrow. I liked Cranie. Didn't have it easy here, played out of position most of the time. I mean if LB wasn't bad enough, didn't Coleman have him playing CM at times? He's a natural CB! And most the time, we were crying out for a natural CB!

Reds Captain Martin Cranie is set to face his former Club Coventry City tomorrow, as the Sky Blues arrive at Oakwell in the FA Cup 3rd Round.

The 27-year-old, who made 120 appearances for City, will come up against his former employers for the very first time tomorrow.

Speaking to our official matchday magazine, U Reds, Cranie said of his former club, "I’m not too sure how I’ll feel when the time comes to kick-off,” said Cranie. “Everybody at the Club; the Manager, staff, players and fans were brilliant with me. It was just unfortunate that we were relegated in the end. I thought we were good enough to stay up. A lot of individual mistakes cost us. We certainly had good enough players but that’s the nature of the Championship.

“It’ll be nice to see a few old faces, although there aren’t a lot of people left from when I was there. But it’s always nice to come up against your former club. A couple of the young lads that were coming through are there."

Don't forget to pick up your copy of U Reds tomorrow which contains the full interview with Martin Cranie, plus exclusive pre-match notes from Chief Executive, Ben Mansford, and Manager, Danny Wilson.

Read more at http://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/ar...try-03012014-1273008.aspx#6OzfYZgxuYRbQf9y.99

RoboCCFC90

Clinton Morrison has scored for Colchester against Gillingham..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread