England Internationals Would Join Consortium Bid.... (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Was talk of him about December, I remember this was said:

Does anyone know anything about this Jas Jaspal? Just looked him up online and it looks like his main business is being liquidated and he had a falling out with the council over trying to convert a grade II listed building into student flats.

None of his currently running businesses seem to generate big money and his social media doesn't indicate he knows ex-footballers who would fund something like this.

Can anyone shed any light? Is there genuine potential in this or is he another Dhinsa?

Would be interesting to know what he is offering and what's been done so far?

What does this line mean?
I believe the only way we are going to move this forward is to get the city of Coventry excited.

CovisGod

There certainly seems to be summat happening, a few people throwing there hat into the ring, possibly the ex players joint forces with Jordan and this could go somewhere

Otis

Was talk of him about December, I remember this was said:

Would be interesting to know what he is offering and what's been done so far?

What does this line mean?

I believe the only way we are going to move this forward is to get the city of Coventry excited.

Foreplay?

Last edited:

Brylowes

That's him. It was something to do with cutting out the middle man with mortgages from memory. He certainly doesn't appear to have the money to do it himself.

Why would ex-players, even ex city players, want to buy CCFC over any other club?
Because it's a traditional biggish club that's in a right old slumber, people are to
Quick to write off the potential of this club. IMHO

tom88

That's him. It was something to do with cutting out the middle man with mortgages from memory. He certainly doesn't appear to have the money to do it himself.

Why would ex-players, even ex city players, want to buy CCFC over any other club?

It sounds silly but now is the time to buy CCFC. We are bottom of the cycle, football people running a football club. Like many have said we are a sleeping giant. Get this investment right and you could be in the money.

My sources tell me its Lampard, Cole and Stevie G :angelic:

chiefdave

Because it's a traditional biggish club that's in a right old slumber, people are to
Quick to write off the potential of this club. IMHO
How much would it cost you to buy Wolves, Brum, Leeds or similar? I would guess a whole lot less than to buy us and build a new ground and training complex.

Randeep94

CT just spewing rubbish again, nothing with this story. Just stinks of free advertisement for him and his business.

No doubt their are willing buyers out there, however no purchase option on the stadium. No long term playing deal after next season, I very much doubt anyone of footballing background will be interested.

Captain Dart

Thing is Dave, not everyone thinks you need to own the ground, in a lot of people's views
A fair rental deal and a negotiated share of revenues would be sufficient.
Which requires goodwill and compromise, SISU has none of the former and less than zero understanding of the latter.
Wasps would probably need a certain amount of buying off to enable a deal, some money up front to enable better commercial conditions going forward.

Last edited:

Ian1779

Thing is Dave, not everyone thinks you need to own the ground, in a lot of people's views
A fair rental deal and a negotiated share of revenues would be sufficient.
True - but it's the two things we will NEVER get whilst at the Ricoh, irrespective of who owns us.

Kingokings204

Smacks of bullshit to me.

His phrase "needs some goodwill from sisu" doesn't sit well with me. Has he been watching this saga.

Not got the means or knowledge for me

Brylowes

Which requires goodwill and compromise, SISU has none of the former and less than zero understanding of the latter.
Wasps would probably need a certain amount of buying off to enable a deal, some money up front to enable better commercial conditions going forward.
But we're talking about a new consortium aren't we.

Captain Dart

But we're talking about a new consortium aren't we.
Yeah, but the first barrier is SISU, then Wasps. I don't think a deal can be swung unless a new consortium can reach an agreement with both of those parties.

Fergusons_Beard

If I was an ex-Premiership England international why the fook would I go through a financial non-entity like Jas Jaspel (whatever) to express my interest in buying a football club!

Don't get your hopes up guys-the only reason this no mark is doing this is for bullshit publicity just like Jo Dhinsa!

I remember that episode-those from GMK will well remember how many he duped (and even met F2f) spouting his crap!

Plus It's another no-story from the 'always has integrity' Cov Telegraph!

My god how easy is it to see straight through it-just reading the reports on this thread about his financial affairs took me 2 mins!

Meh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
If I was an ex-Premiership England international why the fook would I go through a financial non-entity like Jas Jaspel (whatever) to express my interest in buying a football club!

Don't get your hopes up guys-the only reason this no mark is doing this is for bullshit publicity just like Jo Dhinsa!

I remember that episode-those from GMK will well remember how many he duped (and even met F2f) spouting his crap!

Plus It's another no-story from the 'always has integrity' Cov Telegraph!

My god how easy is it to see straight through it-just reading the reports on this thread about his financial affairs took me 2 mins!

Meh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't Dhinsa buy people breakfast? Or was that somebody else?

duffer

I think it's this one Nick, OAKWOOD FINANCIAL ADVISERS LIMITED - Overview (free company information from Companies House), the one you linked to has been liquidated.

With all due respect to Mr Jaspal, we've been here before and there are a few things about this story that make me nervous. We're back into anonymous (but famous) third-party investor territory, and he talks about himself in the third person which always troubles me.

However successfully making his company smaller rather than bigger seems to fit the SISU model for CCFC! :)

Good luck to the chap, but honestly, I have my doubts.

Nick

Administrator
I think it's this one Nick, OAKWOOD FINANCIAL ADVISERS LIMITED - Overview (free company information from Companies House), the one you linked to has been liquidated.

With all due respect to Mr Jaspal, we've been here before and there are a few things about this story that make me nervous. We're back into anonymous (but famous) third-party investor territory, and he talks about himself in the third person which always troubles me.

However successfully making his company smaller rather than bigger seems to fit the SISU model for CCFC! :)

Good luck to the chap, but honestly, I have my doubts.

That means there is a bit more credibility then :)

duffer

Did they ever say they had Joe Cole and Michael Owen round for tea?

In fairness you probably wouldn't mind having those two around for tea, if it's Micky Quinn though it's going to cost you a few bob in pies and beer...

duffer

That was Dhinsa, few people got a coffee out of Brody as well. More than we've got out of the rest of them!

I was there! In fairness Brody was a really nice chap to talk to, bit mad but quite good fun. Onye and Paul Clouting (the executive chap who'd been at Derby) were there too. Clouting, if that was his name, was very convincing and professional sounding and clearly had a plan to progress the club. Given all of the shenanigans, I'm not entirely surprised that he went in the end...

I bought my own coffee though; every man has his price and mine is a bit higher than that... if they'd thrown a muffin in too though I might have been tempted.

Bob Latchford

I wish him good luck if he's genuine . I guess time will tell ........

Users who are viewing this thread