England game (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I think we need to win this comfortably!

4-1 England I think

Otis

'Need?' A bit strong, Nick.

Result doesn't matter at all for me. Was listening to 5 Live the other day and they were saying that Italy quite often have terrible results in friendlies leading up to major tournaments and then go on to do really well. They just experiment and the result means nothing to them. They don't care if they lose.

Tonight I think we need to tinker a little bit, try a few new things out. Liked the fact that Hodgson played Milner at right back. It didn't work, but certainly worth a try.

Don't care what the result is tonight, just want to see some good possesion football and a bit of flair and invention.

Otis

Was thinking more in terms of how far away the camera is from the field of play.

Surprised the commentator hasn't just said ... 'Err, that's an England player, passing to another England player, who crosses it to another England player, err, now an England player has it on the right ...'

Thought the only long shot I was going to have this week was that of England's chances of winning the World Cup.

Nick

Administrator
Watching these talk is uncomfortable, especially dixon getting pissed off and putting his hand up to ask a question

Otis

Refereeing really annoys me.

Had Sturridge reacted to that kick of the ball into his stomach then both players would have been sent off. Because he didn't the Honduran player just got a yellow card, when it was a red all day long.

Covstu

agree, friendly or not he should have walked. You compare that to Sterlings early this week which was a clumsy challenge but certainly no malicious intent.

stupot07

There's a lot of "clumsy" challenges tonight, these Hondurans are dirty buggers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

Barclay and Wilshere have made all the difference. Bit more zip in England's play.

With Wilshere what you get is these little 5-10 yard sprints where he takes on a player or two and therefore creates space for others. He also puts a bit more or a zip into his passes. With Barclay you get a bit of the unknown and that puts the defence on the back foot too.

We look much more dangerous now I feel.

Otis

And worst player on the pitch by a country mile is Glen Johnson.

Slow, sluggish and looks like he's lost at least a yard of pace. Now getting knocked off the ball too easily and I've lost count of the times he has given the ball away tonight.

Covstu

without a doubt and will be a focal point for a lot of teams to attack down that left side against him. Need Stones or Flanagan to come good soon.

Otis

without a doubt and will be a focal point for a lot of teams to attack down that left side against him. Need Stones or Flanagan to come good soon.

If I were Hodgson, I'd be a brave man and call up one of those 2 and even probably send Johnson home. He has been dreadful for England now for some time.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I said a while ago, when Hodgson released the team names, thatI thought he had made a great selection with the exception of Johnson. I'd been watching him play for Liverpool and he's been shite towards the end of the season. Can't believe he was selected!

Otis

I said a while ago, when Hodgson released the team names, thatI thought he had made a great selection with the exception of Johnson. I'd been watching him play for Liverpool and he's been shite towards the end of the season. Can't believe he was selected!

Can't beleive he is only 29. He's running around these days like a 37 year old. Can't beleive how slow he's got. He very rarely used to get knocked off the ball either. Happened a number of times over the last 2 friendlies and he has also cut inside and defenders have simply taken the ball off him.

Might have been an idea to at least give Phil Jones another go there last night. At the moment Johnson is a complete liability.

ajsccfc

You've got to fancy a few cards being shown in Group E. Ecuador, Honduras and France who are never too far from imploding? Even Switzerland couldn't keep that much peace.

turlykerd

Glen.johnson was the worst player on the park imo but the humidity was amazingly difficult. Few others looked fooked on the 80 minute mark, lallana for 1. Tbf I see some on here couldn't understand why the players came off but the storm was pretty harsh .

Good banter in the crowd, the Hondurans enjoyed the draw more than us.

Were not gonna win the cup with this team but players like Barkley could be world class in a year or two .

Users who are viewing this thread