England Cricket- another disaster (1 Viewer)

skybluesam66

so we set 301 to win

Australia

206-7
235-8
244-9

and then a 57 run unbeaten last wicket stand to win with 3 balls left

This is surely the biggest turn around in a teams form ever

smileycov

Facebook User
Is Bresnan really the best we can select? 3 4's in his last 3 balls. Shocking!!
Bet morgan wished he had stuck with Ireland!

Otis

Watched the whole thing and England had the game in the bag.

A shambles and big, big embarrassment.

skybluelee

I'm starting to wonder whether we will ever win an International match again. Today was shocking.

The ECBs primary focus needs to be on 2015 Ashes. Big decisions need to be made on the likes of KP, Prior and Anderson. Will they be good enough by then (I think so and suspect they are all earmarking this as their Test farewell). Plus we need their experience alongside the youngters that will be brought in. Bit like Cov really. Carberry isn't good enough now and will only go down hill from here so he should never play a Test again.

The benefit we have now is the unearthing of Ben Stokes as we can't get away with playing four bowlers now that Swann has gone and Anderson is on the wane.

chiefdave

To be honest given the age of the team I would get rid of the majority of them. Keep a couple around who would be good with the younger players but clear the decks and put together a team who are young enough to have long international careers ahead of them. If we've losing every game we might as well hit the button and do something useful for the future.

wingy

Would any of you feel Inspired with Cook as Captain / He does'nt Inspire any confidence In me.

smileycov

Facebook User
We seemed to have peaked at teh same time as the players did, now the entire team needs a re-vamp. Bit harsh but to be honest at least 6/7 regulars should now make way for fresh young blood.

Would rest anderson, cook, KP and broad but keep them in the fold

SkyBlueScottie

I think some are going overboard slightly. Yes it was time for some players to go but lets not forget that we have recently beaten Australia and India (in their back yard)

The tour has been a disaster, its a more hungry Australia, playing in their own conditions, and I really do think England have been shocked at the verbals they have received and its got under their skin. The Australians have already warned South Africa to expect the same but the impact will be less as they are now expecting it.

The England team has always been at its best when fighting to acheive, in 05 it was to win the Ashes at home, After that it was to win in Australia, win a short over format championship, become number 1 in the world, win in India...

After we spanked India over here, who recalls how South Africa dominated us?

However last summer and this winter has shown the downfalls of centralised contracts imo. Australia selected weaker sides for tour games and this left us tragically exposed for the test arena.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Won this morning ................. hoooooo bloody raaaayyy !!!! First win in 9 matches against Australia

thaiskyblue

I spoke to a few cobbers yesterday i know from living in Thailand, they were all out for a total whitewash, spoke to Aussie Bob about an hour ago, he was pissed off we won, Aussies wanted total humiliation.

Users who are viewing this thread