EFL fans' survey on ownership (1 Viewer)

SamMorshead

Dear Sky Blues fans,

Much has been made over the past year of the extreme differences in fortunes between clubs in the Football League. With that in mind, we - Daily Mail journalists Sam Morshead and Tom Farmery - have set out to gain a comprehensive view of fans’ feelings at the way their club, other clubs and the EFL in general is being run.

We hope that you can spend two minutes of your time completing your respective club’s survey, enabling us to get data which we can then put to key figures in the EFL and government about the state of the game in this country.

If you have further thoughts and opinions on any of the topics mentioned, please also feel free to email [email protected] or [email protected]

Thank you for your time
HERE IS THE SURVEY: EFL Fan Survey: Coventry

Monners

Done, but I suspect I haven't told you anything that you didn't already know.

Good article the other day on our plight by the way.

pastythegreat

Done!
You asked quite a few questions about supporters?? Unfortunately CCFC don't have any supporters, just customers.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Done.

As far as Ccfc is concerned I suspect we all know the result you will get.

Disappointed that there were not more questions about the EFL. Until you get the governance right with proper powers and enforcement then there will always be owners like ours. That of course means a degree of independence from the club's themselves and proper funding, not the amateur old boys network we have now

robbiekeane

Done.

As far as Ccfc is concerned I suspect we all know the result you will get.

Disappointed that there were not more questions about the EFL. Until you get the governance right with proper powers and enforcement then there will always be owners like ours. That of course means a degree of independence from the club's themselves and proper funding, not the amateur old boys network we have now
What would you have the football league do about our current situation? Genuine question

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Stick to their present rules ? Set deadlines for solutions? Lead the discussions? Actively approach decision makers rather than wait till the club invites them? Investigate the finances?

Globally they need to beef up their powers. Not have as much discretion in their regulations. Investigate owners right to own in greater detail. Require owners bonds perhaps. Get their office procedures right so that things like shares or player registrations don't get lost or misplaced

Yes that looks like putting pressure on Ccfc but by doing that you pressure owners and the likes of CCC. But it isn't just about Ccfc its all clubs that would benefit from a strong EFL. Ultimately the fans benefit

Trouble is they don't have the manpower or finance they want to apply to it

Last edited:

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Dear Sky Blues fans,

Much has been made over the past year of the extreme differences in fortunes between clubs in the Football League. With that in mind, we - Daily Mail journalists Sam Morshead and Tom Farmery - have set out to gain a comprehensive view of fans’ feelings at the way their club, other clubs and the EFL in general is being run.

We hope that you can spend two minutes of your time completing your respective club’s survey, enabling us to get data which we can then put to key figures in the EFL and government about the state of the game in this country.

If you have further thoughts and opinions on any of the topics mentioned, please also feel free to email [email protected] or [email protected]

Thank you for your time
HERE IS THE SURVEY: EFL Fan Survey: Coventry
DONE
Will we get any feedback on the Survey ?

Done - again I would think the answers were somewhat predictable. The EFL questions also predictable by yourselves I would think. There should be a rule something along the lines of "UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY HEDGE FUND BE ALLOWED ANYWHERE NEAR A LEAGUE FOOTBALL CLUB".

And if ever you need an example of asset-stripping to the extreme you need look no further than CCFC.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think one measure that would make owners think carefully would be that any money they put in to a club is done so only by the issue of ordinary shares. That would mean no interest charges on loans and the money only recoverable on a sale (if at all) or being last in line in a liquidation (if at all). Such a measure would not be popular but it might make owners think more carefully about how a club is run and the risks they take. From an accounts balance sheet point of view then not having huge owner loans could improve the net asset situation of clubs.

I suppose you could have a halfway house of a maximum amount as a loan.

The risk is that it might stop some clubs ever finding new owners, which might mean the weaker clubs going to the wall

Of course the EFL being a closed shop of owners the above has no chance of happening

NorthernWisdom

I think one measure that would make owners think carefully would be that any money they put in to a club is done so only by the issue of ordinary shares. That would mean no interest charges on loans and the money only recoverable on a sale (if at all) or being last in line in a liquidation (if at all). Such a measure would not be popular but it might make owners think more carefully about how a club is run and the risks they take. From an accounts balance sheet point of view then not having huge owner loans could improve the net asset situation of clubs.

I suppose you could have a halfway house of a maximum amount as a loan.

The risk is that it might stop some clubs ever finding new owners, which might mean the weaker clubs going to the wall

Of course the EFL being a closed shop of owners the above has no chance of happening
Ohhhh, how to have a hazy memory. I'd look it up if I culd be bothered but... ;) back in the day, of course, clubs were constituted as clubs, not as companies, and it stopped a lot of the issues we have now.

With the associated problem, of course, in that how does a club raise cash?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
raise cash ..................... from the issue of shares to the owners for starters, who couldn't take a charge over the assets to get the shares because they are not loans. That leaves such assets there are to be security for commercial loans from banks if needed.

Yes it makes raising finance via loans harder but it doesn't stop owners putting money in.

mind you we all know what happens to shares.......... they get misplaced and lost.

NorthernWisdom

raise cash ..................... from the issue of shares to the owners for starters, who couldn't take a charge over the assets to get the shares because they are not loans. That leaves such assets there are to be security for commercial loans from banks if needed.

Yes it makes raising finance via loans harder but it doesn't stop owners putting money in.

mind you we all know what happens to shares.......... they get misplaced and lost.
I mean, if a club is incorporated as a club rather than a business.

Users who are viewing this thread