Dumbest work meetings (1 Viewer)

Macca1987

We call it a sprint retro at our work, looking back at what went well and what didn't

shmmeee

I like a good retro where you can honestly say what the problems are. If you’ve got someone in there like a manager who can’t handle feedback it’s a total waste of time though.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I guess this kind of qualifies. Just had a call with a client. All of their team and all of ours. Shared an agenda beforehand and started to lead the meeting, only to be interrupted after two minutes by my (previous) boss to say that one of the developers had already met with one of the clients earlier in the week and therefore the status of the project had totally changed. Nullified the whole call and made me feel like a clown.

Get on with more or less everyone in my company, but cannot help but think these kind of things are sometimes deliberate, especially as the person involved who could have communicated properly was the one to make me look like a dick, and it wouldn't be the first time. The developer on the call is on the end of a lot of favouritism from him too, a bit of a teacher's pet. The combination of both of them is quite nauseating which is one thing, but to be hung out to dry has pissed me off no end.

shmmeee

I guess this kind of qualifies. Just had a call with a client. All of their team and all of ours. Shared an agenda beforehand and started to lead the meeting, only to be interrupted after two minutes by my (previous) boss to say that one of the developers had already met with one of the clients earlier in the week and therefore the status of the project had totally changed. Nullified the whole call and made me feel like a clown.

Get on with more or less everyone in my company, but cannot help but think these kind of things are sometimes deliberate, especially as the person involved who could have communicated properly was the one to make me look like a dick, and it wouldn't be the first time. The developer on the call is on the end of a lot of favouritism from him too, a bit of a teacher's pet. The combination of both of them is quite nauseating which is one thing, but to be hung out to dry has pissed me off no end.

That’s proper shitty.

I would have taken the chance to talk about the importance of communication and how a five second email could have saved hundreds of not thousands in wasted wages all round.

RegTheDonk

We have an internal job "tracker" database which everyone can see and input regular updates on the various projects the whole team are working on.

Supervisor insists on a regular half day team meeting so everyone can get together and give updates on the various projects they are working on.

B-Ban-Boogie

Did you know if a gunman comes into your place of work you should hide? Obviously you didn’t. You haven’t done the training.

Interesting... Here in the U.S, they told us NOT to hide and keep moving to the nearest exit as a moving target is harder to hit!
Then they gave everyone a red spungy ball and said "Throw that at them.." as it distracts the shooter, so they can't get a good\clear shot on their target.. 🤣 :rolleyes:

SBAndy

Did you know if a gunman comes into your place of work you should hide? Obviously you didn’t. You haven’t done the training.

Had a terrorist attack recently. Phoned the bomb squad. Ran out from behind my desk and punched the biggest one in the face. Disarmed him and turned his spud gun on the others. They fled into the waiting arms of police officers outside. Bomb squad arrived and disarmed the IED in the backpack. Didn’t have to buy a drink all night. Then got sacked for not hiding.

(Disclaimer: didn’t actually happen)

Brighton Sky Blue

A certain leading university in the area (Warwick, seeing as you asked) have a HUMUNGOUS HR department (they call it the People Group. FFS!). Every Monday at 2pm, they have a "Huddle", where everyone has to stand around in the open plan office while the Director of HR spouts bollocks about what has or has not been going on! UTTER waste of everyone's time!
I rarely saw actually how big the People Group was, but they would have occasional "team building" days (for which, read "utter wastes of time") which dragged in the HR functions from every department across the University (no, having one massive central HR team capable of achieving fuck-all wasn't enough, seemingly) - no word of a lie, there were two hundred people there! And people talk about the NHS being over-staffed with pointless twats!
This would explain why they have ignored about 6 emails from me and the prof

Users who are viewing this thread