Daytrippers (1 Viewer)

Bennosdancingfeet

I sense some bitterness coming from people about who's going Wembley.

Quotes like " I hope our new 30k fans have a good day"

Or

"Swindon games gonna be busy"

It's a cup final at Wembley, of course we will have loads who want to go. It's no different to 87 when I'd say more genuine fans missed out on tickets than will on this occasion.

The more the merrier in my eyes, ST holders, first timers, 3-4 times a season crowd...

Moff

I sense some bitterness coming from people about who's going Wembley.

Quotes like " I hope our new 30k fans have a good day"

Or

"Swindon games gonna be busy"

It's a cup final at Wembley, of course we will have loads who want to go. It's no different to 87 when I'd say more genuine fans missed out on tickets than will on this occasion.

The more the merrier in my eyes, ST holders, first timers, 3-4 times a season crowd...

I made a comment that I hope the club can retain some of the 30K fans that don't normally attend. Its not bitterness, if the club can retain some of these fans for the league games its a bigger budget, better players and hopefully more days out like this.

I hope to go, If I don't so be it. I went in 87, and so have seen our one success, I hope some of younger success starved fans get to go and their loyalty is rewarded.

Bennosdancingfeet

Hmmm.... maybe a dig, even a little one?

Same can be said up and down the country. Will Sutton or Lincoln regulars be moaning about bandwagon fans? I doubt it, probably loving seeing a decent crowd.

Success breeds excitement, it's only the checkatrade trophy but has gave this great city something to get excited about, long overdue also.

Moff

Hmmm.... maybe a dig, even a little one?

Same can be said up and down the country. Will Sutton or Lincoln regulars be moaning about bandwagon fans? I doubt it, probably loving seeing a decent crowd.

Success breeds excitement, it's only the checkatrade trophy but has gave this great city something to get excited about, long overdue also.

Nope no dig. If you see the comment, there is a smiley next to it, suggesting it was light hearted. I would prefer us to have more fans at league games though...wouldn't you?

Love the fact we got to the final, would love to go, may not, that's how it is. I lost my best friend suddenly in January, so frankly that puts life in perspective on whether I would be upset if I didn't get a ticket or not, which I wouldn't, but would be pleased to go if I did.

covcity4life

i can understand some bitterness

some girl i used to work with is doing status about cant way to go wemberley etc

she doesnt go normally judging from her timeline

but in her defence this is a day out with her husband and son.

so whos to begrudge her that?

toughie

Moff

some girl i used to work with is doing status about cant way to go wemberley etc

toughie

If it brought her to watch the team with her husband and son more it would be worth it. The club needs more fans.

scottccfc

I think they should introduce next season season ticket prices to capitalise on the feel good factor and heaven forbid we actually win it, people won't take the risk again with important tickets

covcity4life

If it brought her to watch the team with her husband and son more it would be worth it. The club needs more fans.

i doubt she will be back tbh

but some matches are always gonna appeal to masses more

its like england in summer tournaments get huge ratings on tv etc but qualiyfying for tournmanets doesnt

olderskyblue

toughie

Yep, toughie alright.

My wife is going, first time in 30 years. I took her up to a couple of games at Highfield road, but i missed a fair bit of the match fetching her tea, and having to lead her to the loo, as she would "never find her way back to me" so never offered again.

But, she looked after the kids when they were too young to go, never moaned about me going up, or to away games, and, wants to see them at Wembley. (Strict no tea rule in force) How could I refuse?

covcity4life

Would be good if some went to League games as well though wouldn't it? Get the support like Wycombe every home game!

success would help in that regard. wycombe was a bigger deal because it was a semi final, not just cos of wembley.

if we around top of table attendences will rise like november last year.

fans can do more but owner ,manager and players need to contribute too

eastwoodsdustman

Maybe if we had a few more at league game on a regular basis then we might be a bit further up the league.
Its been said that we need something to bring people back to the club. This should be it but we will only find out at the games leading up to and after 2nd April.

covcity4life

Yep, toughie alright.

My wife is going, first time in 30 years. I took her up to a couple of games at Highfield road, but i missed a fair bit of the match fetching her tea, and having to lead her to the loo, as she would "never find her way back to me" so never offered again.

But, she looked after the kids when they were too young to go, never moaned about me going up, or to away games, and, wants to see them at Wembley. (Strict no tea rule in force) How could I refuse?

took my wife once to ricoh. she kept asking how long left till we can go home

this was n the first half

CovBurty

None of the bandwagon crew will be going next season, especially if we go down. They are only going to game cause it's bragging rights and it's Wembley. They don't even know it's a shit cup for lower league clubs. Don't get your hopes up. Sorry but true.

shy_tall_knight

I'm not bothered about having extra fans watching the club unless it is denying genuine supporters the opportunity to go and the 6 per ST holder has allowed this. As for growing our support thats just fantasy, what they experience at wembley atmosphere etc.. won't compare to a quarter full Ricoh v Mansfield, they won't be back because they're either not bothered about football or Cov or both but they'll have a great day out

its a buzzard

None of the bandwagon crew will be going next season, especially if we go down. They are only going to game cause it's bragging rights and it's Wembley. They don't even know it's a shit cup for lower league clubs. Don't get your hopes up. Sorry but true.
Can you give it a rest with the "shit cup" carry on? If you hadn't noticed, we are one of those lower league clubs. When was the last time a team from leagues 1 or 2 won the FA or league cups?

robbiekeane

Can you give it a rest with the "shit cup" carry on? If you hadn't noticed, we are one of those lower league clubs. When was the last time a team from leagues 1 or 2 won the FA or league cups?
It is a shit cup though isn't it? We just happen to be a shit team too

rupert_bear

The lesson is there for Tim Fisher and sisu, better hope brings in support and finance from all angles. Under their stewardship there's been little hope, even less success regardless of a Wembley trip 4th division football will cost the club dear. Especially as many see it almost manufactured by the chairman and owner.

shmmeee

I get the feeling there's a few that would love a return to Sixfields style crowds so they get to be even more special.

Never understood the bitterness towards big crowds from City fans. Fair play if you've got the cash and the time to go every week and fair play if you're still going after years of shit, but do these people seriously not want any fans who aren't like them? Would they genuinely rather 6,000 rattled around Wembley?

We have a huge lapsed fan base, the only people I have an issue with are those who have been actively taking the piss out of CCFC and supporting a "big team" yet suddenly want a day out at Wembley taking tickets off any type of CCFC fan. To me they're the only day trippers.

Nick

Administrator
I get the feeling there's a few that would love a return to Sixfields style crowds so they get to be even more special.

Never understood the bitterness towards big crowds from City fans. Fair play if you've got the cash and the time to go every week and fair play if you're still going after years of shit, but do these people seriously not want any fans who aren't like them? Would they genuinely rather 6,000 rattled around Wembley?

We have a huge lapsed fan base, the only people I have an issue with are those who have been actively taking the piss out of CCFC and supporting a "big team" yet suddenly want a day out at Wembley taking tickets off any type of CCFC fan. To me they're the only day trippers.

What about the people giving it the abuse to people who have gone to games and preaching their morals / spines and how going to games you are supporting SISU FC that are now all over it? :)

It isn't about people being special, I'd much prefer somebody who genuinely wants to go to every game and would if they could but can't because they work away, they work weekends, they have a young family, they can't afford every week because of travel etc to go over somebody who doesn't really give a shit or couldn't even name a player.

There would be nothing better than a sky blue Wembley, but hopefully people will remember there are plenty of other games ccfc need support in.

Last edited:

covcity4life

i think nick just likes trolling because its his site and hes untouchable

he had a go at me for not going many games this season even though he knows i go consistently most seasons and been posting on here since it started.

Users who are viewing this thread