Crowd be interesting next week. (1 Viewer)

Irish Sky Blue

I pointed out that if you want to blame everything bad by giving it the "they hired them" it works both ways of anything good happens.

You are the one making up things that haven't been said. You are the one thinking that because people aren't chanting sisu out they are thick enough to just forget and forgive because we win a game.

I even managed to call the contempt type line earlier . ;)
I would never suggest that fans should do anything that they don't want to do. If people just want to sit and watch the game that is fine. If there is a genuine grievance as City fans have with Sisu I have no problem with them protesting as long as it is peaceful. I certainly don't think that anyone who doesn't chant Sisu Out is thick or would assume they are Sisu fans. Bit of the pot calling the kettle black isn't it as you frequently label our fans as stupid. Maybe you need to take the blinkers off and really look at the things you say.

Nick

Administrator
Why don't you put up a quote to illustrate your point?
"The tone from some posters is that fans should support the team as things are going well and forget about the ownership issues."

"It doesn't mean that what Sisu have done and continue to do should be ignored."

Have two, nobody has suggested either.
Add in your replies to astute, where all you need to do is look at his post history to see how far off the mark you are.

Nick

Administrator
I would never suggest that fans should do anything that they don't want to do. If people just want to sit and watch the game that is fine. If there is a genuine grievance as City fans have with Sisu I have no problem with them protesting as long as it is peaceful. I certainly don't think that anyone who doesn't chant Sisu Out is thick or would assume they are Sisu fans. Bit of the pot calling the kettle black isn't it as you frequently label our fans as stupid. Maybe you need to take the blinkers off and really look at the things you say.
Christ, I'm not sure you could miss the point any more. I even said "and people moan about me saying things about fans intelligence" while people on this thread are making out fans are forgetting because of a few wins.

That was my exact point, you have just unknowingly proved it by worrying that nobody can remember about things.

Don't bullshit about protests, you defended the protests that affected our results to the hilt. You have already given it the "passively sit there while your club gets ripped apart" line in this thread too.

You sing a song, that will show the world and change everything. I'll just passively support ccfc and watch the team I support play.

Last edited:

Astute

Explain to me how I have misinterpreted your views.
You say that I want everyone to forgive SISU. You say that I want everyone to forget what SISU have done to us and our club. But you can't point to where I have said it.

I say I would love to see fan unity. You prove it will be a hard thing to overcome.

I have never defended SISU in any way. Never will either. Just the same as I have never defended Richardson and never will. I would love anyone to point out anywhere in the past where I have done so.

I feel positive for the first time in many years. I didn't even feel positive when we were winning in Northampton. That was a bad time that shouldn't have happened. And we are still suffering from it in many ways.

Can you finally explain how wanting us to come together for 90 minutes each game to back the lads is backing SISU as you have constantly said? Robins said the same last night. Is he after wanting us all to forgive and forget everything that SISU have done to us and our club?

Cavan O'Doherty

Don't bullshit about protests, you defended the protests that affected our results to the hilt. You have already given it the "passively sit there while your club gets ripped apart" line in this thread too
Come on Nick you can't blame the protests on us going down. We were just garbage!

hill83

I want everyone to forgive and forget everything that SISU have done to us and our club.

giphy.webp

Astute

I certainly don't think that anyone who doesn't chant Sisu Out is thick or would assume they are Sisu fans.

So why throw accusations against me then?

OK I'll let you know how much this positivity has got me. I should be touring Europe with my family right at this moment. Had enough reasons to throw at the wife why it would be best not to go. But what swung it for me was not wanting to miss games when not at work. Can't make tomorrow as my eldest lad had to rearrange his stag do for this weekend in Glasgow. I want to be there to make sure he is safe.

The next weekend is a big family do. I already have my tickets for Yeovil :smuggrin: It is my side of the family but the wife will be there on my behalf. It would have been much easier to have gone to the family do though. I just want to be there to back the lads.

I never lost the love for my football club. But I certainly lost the passion years ago. It is coming back. And it is a great feeling. I just want us to do all we can on our side to help the long hard climb back up.

Adge

The same as pitch protests you defended to the hilt that actually cost us points?

And that's keeping them in the spotlight is it? It does nothing to bother SISU or force them to go. Obsessing and blaming them for everything and anything isn't keeping the spotlight on them, it dilutes it.

If people weren't so keen to dismiss everything that might be decent about CCFC thinking it's SISU, others might be a bit more positive. That's positive about CCFC, not SISU.

Have a look at Wembley as an example, that day was all about CCFC. Nobody had forgotten about SISU before, during or after.
Don't recall any protests costing us points last year-when was that? :emoji_thinking:

Astute

Don't recall any protests costing us points last year-when was that? :emoji_thinking:
Our players stopping when they heard whistles?

It didn't matter much last season. We would have been relegated still. But 1 point this season could be the difference between automatic promotion, reaching the playoffs or just missing them.

martcov

The tone from some posters is that fans should support the team as things are going well and forget about the ownership issues. It has even been suggested on this thread that perhaps Sisu have learnt from their mistakes and have changed.
I wouldn't call the major issues mentioned above every little thing. I wouldn't call being in this division a little thing. The problems we have, the division we now play in, it is all down to Sisu. Do they show that they have learnt, that they are changing? I don't think they are. You mention Richard Stevens and the academy as if the problem is Noe solved. As far as I am aware the deadline for us to leave is still March. Was it down to Richard Stevens that we are still there or down to the fact that for whatever reason Wasps haven't got their act together to start their building work? If they had and we weren't at the Higgs, where would we be because aside from the announcement from Finham Park, little else seemed to have been done.
You can say that we should be greatful to Sisu for bringing in Mark Robins. Should we not therefore question their failure on the football front and the multitude of failed managers over the past ten years. We should be grateful to Sisu for last year's Checkatrade victory as the four managers they employed all masterminded our road to Wembley.
Ultimately everything that goes on at the football club is down to the owners because the buck stops with them.
We have had ten years of failure and disaster our decisions that have put the existence of the club in danger. That is still the case today.
I don't trust Sisu. I see exactly the same pattern of misinformation and no information about the really key issues that affect the club that has been their profile since they arrived.
I support Mark Robin's. I hope he is given the chance to succeed that his predecessors didn't get and that includes the time he needs to see out periods of bad results.
I can only conclude from your stance that you think we should forget about the stadium, academy and training ground issues and let matters take their course.

We won a trophy, had a constructive pre season and have got off to a good start. Our income and expenditure are in better shape than for years. Good. All under SISU's tenure.

Now let's see how it goes off the pitch. Personally, I think things will get better as it is In SISU's interest - we are so low that if off field things get worse ( no stadium, no place for the academy) then we and SISU are fxxked. Too early to put money on it, but let's see how it goes.

Esoterica

I'm not saying we should be protesting during games (though SISU out chants hurt nobody)
I'm just surprised at how a couple of wins and a potential good season in division 4 is enough
Please people, SISU should be kept squarely in the spotlight.
How are they not in the spotlight? They've just prolonged the court bollocks again and our rent deal ends in a few months. No-one has forgotten that. But this squad has got something about it, preseason was great and there's a sense of togetherness I've not seen from a Coventry team before. All the above is giving me a funny feeling about this season. We're winning games and we're top of the league! Yes it's only 2 games, yes it's division 4, yes we shouldn't be there, yes I'd prefer it to be L1 and yes I'd really really prefer it to be in the Championship. Simply, I'm a CCFC fan - this is what I got into football for - a winning CCFC team. It's not 'enough' or compensation for what they've done but when it's been so bloody rare, I'm damn well going to enjoy it now, in spite of them not thanks to them.

Nick

Administrator
How are they not in the spotlight? They've just prolonged the court bollocks again and our rent deal ends in a few months. No-one has forgotten that. But this squad has got something about it, preseason was great and there's a sense of togetherness I've not seen from a Coventry team before. All the above is giving me a funny feeling about this season. We're winning games and we're top of the league! Yes it's only 2 games, yes it's division 4, yes we shouldn't be there, yes I'd prefer it to be L1 and yes I'd really really prefer it to be in the Championship. Simply, I'm a CCFC fan - this is what I got into football for - a winning CCFC team. It's not 'enough' or compensation for what they've done but when it's been so bloody rare, I'm damn well going to enjoy it now, in spite of them not thanks to them.

That's the thing I've said all along, "in spite of and not because of". People are too wrapped up in shouting about every loss being their fault, every issue with the club shop being their fault that with their logic when decent things happen like a decent kit launch event, results on the pitch and people commending it then it's SISU getting praise for it.

It's really not the case, it isn't Joy arranging a kit launch or drafting in players. Nobody is crediting her or Dermot for the work Robins and Widdrington are doing. However, because people are so used to shouting SISU every time something happens, their logic means they are being praised for it.

RoboCCFC90

Around 800 being sent to Coventry from over the bridge..

Brylowes

I'm in my 43rd season as a supporter and I Also sense something different this season, like
Everyone else I'm hungry for a bit of success, even success at a level that would have been
Deemed unthinkable failure only a few years ago.
TBH I believe the fight from City fans all the way through SISUs reign of terror has been at
Best half arsed 'and at worst embarrassing, look at Pompey, Charlton, Blackpool etc.

I could be wide of the mark, I just worry that success on the pitch diverts people's attention
Away from the clubs main issue 'which is the disease that's still running rampant through it.

Nick

Administrator
I could be wide of the mark, I just worry that success on the pitch diverts people's attention

It's as if you need to be re-assured that people aren't going to suddenly forget things if we win a few games and a sisu out song will put you at ease.

Otis

It's as if you need to be re-assured that people aren't going to suddenly forget things if we win a few games and a sisu out song will put you at ease.
Easily remedied!!

Combine the Sky Blue song with Sisu out stuff!

'Let's all sing together, fook off Sisu.
While we sing together they will always lose
Tottenham or Chelsea, Seppala or anyone
They won't defeat us, Fisher'll soon be gone.'

skybluetony176

Easily remedied!!

Combine the Sky Blue song with Sisu out stuff!

'Let's all sing together, fook off Sisu.
While we sing together they will always lose
Tottenham or Chelsea, Seppala or anyone
They won't defeat us, Fisher'll soon be gone.'

Let's all sing together, do one SISU
While they're suing people they will always lose
Higgs or council, wasps or anyone
SISU will always be defeated, they don't have a case against anyone.

City, City, City

Esoterica

If any fucker starts blowing whistles this season, while we've still something to play for, I'm gonna shove them right up their arses so that they suffer the permanent shame of never getting away with a silent fart ever again.

Liquid Gold

Have SISU been forgiven yet? Can I finally reveal my blow up sex doll has Tim Fisher's face on it (I don't give it to him rough, we make sweet love)

Nick

Administrator
Have SISU been forgiven yet? Can I finally reveal my blow up sex doll has Tim Fisher's face on it (I don't give it to him rough, we make sweet love)

2 more wins and I think so.

You will see people quacking like smack heads because they haven't heard somebody get outraged about SISU messing up the printing on their shirt or something for at least 6 hours and they won't know what to do about all of the positivety. Their ears will be tricking them into thinking everybody is bigging up Joy and Dermot when they are cheering goals or being excited about good results.

Last edited:

Esoterica

Sex doll or voodoo doll? Judging by his weight loss over the last 18 months I think you might have a slow puncture.

Nick

Administrator
Sex doll or voodoo doll? Judging by his weight loss over the last 18 months I think you might have a slow puncture.

The dangers of having a "pindick".

I haven't heard "pindick" for years, it needs to be brought back into circulation.

Astute

The dangers of having a "pindick".

I haven't heard "pindick" for years, it needs to be brought back into circulation.
Start getting it out again then.

Users who are viewing this thread