CRICKET - Champions Trophy (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

So it's England vs Pakistan and India vs Bangladesh.
I'll be expecting an England vs India final and it could go either way. Just hope rain does not play a part.
England's openers really need to get their act together!

chiefdave

Well we should definitely make the final and with home advantage we should be able to win this.

Forecast seems OK without being great but as things stand the remaining 3 games should be completed.

Ranjit Bhurpa

Well we should definitely make the final and with home advantage we should be able to win this.

Forecast seems OK without being great but as things stand the remaining 3 games should be completed.
I think should is the key word, England very consistent but Pakistan unpredictable. Very much depends if the Pakistani bowless are on their game.

Gazolba

Bairstow apparently coming in to replace Roy. Hopefully that is the only change and no reshuffling of batting order. The last thing we need now is any undue tinkering.

Ranjit Bhurpa

Bairstow apparently coming in to replace Roy. Hopefully that is the only change and no reshuffling of batting order. The last thing we need now is any undue tinkering.
Agreed, hopefully it's the only change. Apparently the teams cannot be announced until the day of the match as an anti-corruption measure. I reckon Roy must have been nobbled already then :emoji_frowning2:

Otis

I thought this morning before the game even kicked off that it would be an India v Pakistan final.

England have done well, but you know a collapse is always loomimg around the corner somewhere.

Not exactly a collapse this, but it is a bit of a watery and weak effort.

Defintely be bowled out soon if this continues.

Otis

Can't see us even getting to 215 here.

Am fully expecting Pakistan to go off like a rocket at something like 7 or 8 an over for the first 5 overs. May settle down a little after that, but would expect them to fully go for this full throttle.

chiefdave

211 all out, can't see that being good enough. Hopefully Pakistan come out and try and knock it off quickly and give some cheap wickets away.

Gazolba

England bowling a lot of dot balls but Pakistan managing to get the required runs every single over.j

Covstu

2nd wicket gone but still way too late. We would need a collapse of monumental proportions to get anything off this!

Gazolba

Every Pakistan batsman has now hit a six, none of England's batsmen did.
All they need now is two singles per over.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Haven't seen any of today live but just looking at the scorecard nobody stood up with bat or ball.

Shame looked could in the comp bar today and the early part of the Bangladesh inns at the very start of the comp!

Hopefully live and learn as they build towards 2019!

Covstu

couldn't get a partnership going all day even after dropping Roy. Bowling attack just could hurt Pakistan.

The unfortunate part will be that Pakistan will probably revert to type and not turn up for the final

Covstu

Should be an interesting target to chase. I said about 185ish. Good debut by Malan but certainly a chaseable target

Terry Gibson's perm

Should be an interesting target to chase. I said about 185ish. Good debut by Malan but certainly a chaseable target

Malan looked like he had been at that level for years where as Livingstone looks like a club cricketer at this time, he might improve but I can't see him having a long career at the top level.

Otis

Malan looked like he had been at that level for years where as Livingstone looks like a club cricketer at this time, he might improve but I can't see him having a long career at the top level.
Yep. Never heard of him until today. Now I am quite inta Malan.

I'll get my coat.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Malan's been round few years always been on the fringes of 2020 and one day squad
Scored massive 100 in a 2020 on tv about 10 years ago and was hyped up, good averages throughout all forms, glas he's finally been given a go. Bowls a couple of overs of spin as well.

Livingstone will come again just didn't look ready, Morris got into him early on in the last game and he went into his shall.
Potentially destructive player! Wouldn't write off just yet.

Otis

I see the West Indies women's captain made a coin toss error this morning. She wanted to bat, but said 'bowl' by mistake and immediately corrected herself, saying 'sorry, bat,' but the Austrailians who they are playing quickly referred the umpires to the rule book, which states you cannot change your mind.

This was clearly just an error and I wonder if the England side would have done the same. I would like to think they would have been 'gentlemanly' about it and said it was just a slip of the tongue and let them bat.

All seems rather harsh to me and it's hardly a TV quiz show on a timer button is it.

Covstu

I see the West Indies women's captain made a coin toss error this morning. She wanted to bat, but said 'bowl' by mistake and immediately corrected herself, saying 'sorry, bat,' but the Austrailians who they are playing quickly referred the umpires to the rule book, which states you cannot change your mind.

This was clearly just an error and I wonder if the England side would have done the same. I would like to think they would have been 'gentlemanly' about it and said it was just a slip of the tongue and let them bat.

All seems rather harsh to me and it's hardly a TV quiz show on a timer button is it.
Agree it didn't seem right but I guess if the wicket is turning that coin toss can cost you the game

Users who are viewing this thread