Match Thread Coventry v Shrewsbury Match Thread - Saturday 13th Aug (1 Viewer)

Hadji10

We were very poor, and anyone saying other wise is dressing it up. That's as poor as I've ever seen us at the start of a season.

Terry Gibson's perm

It did remind me a bit of our dry period last year a lot of possession but no cutting edge, the two in the middle did OK and it is nice to see a midfielder getting in the box and trying to pass it forward.

What we need is what we can't afford a striker who is big strong and fast and scores goals.

PVA

We really could/should have been 2 or 3 up at half time.

I'm actually more optimistic for the season after that than I was before kick off. Another 4 or 5 additions as TM keeps saying and we'll be fine.

letsallsingtogether

Ref was very poor, Willis motm for me, the front 3 played well 1st half, Rose got up and down well, RCC commanded his area well, desperately need a striker, hoping for a win on Tuesday.
Always going to get idiots writing us off this early in the season (we have only beat Nuneaton, we haven't scored???, only got 1 point out of 6)
Got to agree Willis had a very good game.

letsallsingtogether

Just watching MOTD.
Shame we haven't got a kit like the Stoke away kit much better then our awful white one.

Lord_Nampil

was an interesting game yesterday, first half we created chances and produce a lot of attacking play but the end product wasn't quite there. 2nd half we had to defend more which we did quite well, and then going down to ten men we defended even better. I think we need that instinct goal scorer maybe Sordell is that man still haven't seen him with Jones and Reid. I thought Stevenson had a great game and does not look out of place, we need to know when to play him and i can see McCann coming in for him on Tuesday. Spence looked a unit as well as his speed and will be fine at this level, again need to know when to play him. We still need 5 players and it looks to me as if Kane Smith and McBean are players we are bringing in for the U21s not the first team! so 3 loans and 2 permanent players still needed but Page looks a decent signing and will provide Haynes great competition.

Vlad and Rose look the part and a goal threat, just need the right centre player for the front three to add the goal threat and then build as a team that can compete this season!

rockdude101

Apart from the ref who lost the plot in the second half - what was it again, five yellows to city and zero to shrewsbury? - why did Mogga change the formation to that of a 5-3-2 in the second half? Completely different halves again from City, and the second we were lucky to hold on for a draw.

No killer striker this year, really lacking a player of Armstrong's ability to win us these tight/narrow games where points are definitely available.

Smaller crowd than last year - I thought the whole point of Ricoh was to get bigger crowds? I wish we'd stuck with Highfield Rd...

Terry Gibson's perm

Thought Stevenson outshone Ghadzev myself.

Anybody missing 5/10 Fleck just read the Sheffield United forum started ok and faded sound familiar and booked for a stupid challenge, I wonder if he has passed one forwards yet or got anywhere near the opposition box.

Hadji10

Anybody missing 5/10 Fleck just read the Sheffield United forum started ok and faded sound familiar and booked for a stupid challenge, I wonder if he has passed one forwards yet or got anywhere near the opposition box.

Stop talking shit. Fleck would walk into our team blindfolded with a walking stick up his arse.

Terry Gibson's perm

Stop talking shit. Fleck would walk into our team blindfolded with a walking stick up his arse.

Not through his ability to play a full game but out of habit, maybe that's why he was doing so little due to the blindfold and walking stick, I will admit that neither of the pair yesterday had the ability to stand next to the centre half hiding but maybe they can improve and Vlad will stop going into the opposition box and they will both stop passing the ball forwards.

Hadji10

Not through his ability to play a full game but out of habit, maybe that's why he was doing so little due to the blindfold and walking stick, I will admit that neither of the pair yesterday had the ability to stand next to the centre half hiding but maybe they can improve and Vlad will stop going into the opposition box and they will both stop passing the ball forwards.

Embarrassing.

FRY-CCFC

Didnt go to the game then ?
Says it all !
malcolm-tucker-reaction-2-o.gif

ccfchoi87

So far I like the look of Gahdsev. Not quite what he was bigged up to be but he looks like he might score a few. Always popping up in the box which is something we have lacked with John fleck in our midfield.

Users who are viewing this thread