Match Thread Coventry v Port Vale Match Thread - Tuesday 21st Mar (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

As opposed to the we're fucking shit song, as a bit of light hearted banter:-

We're staying up,
We're staying up,
We're staying up, We're staying up
We're staying up

Sky Blue Pete

I just don't think it's the issue us fans think it is. I don't know why but that's the reality isn't it surely?

Mowbray said there were other priorities

covcity4life

k thomas has a knack of getting as close as possible to a ball and not touching it lol. but he does give us lots of running and chasing down. he also makes runs for midfielders to pass to so he is our best bet for CF right now

also remmember hes quite young. he has what 3 or 4 goals this season since coming back from injury? definitley one to keep for next season imo

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
HOOOO BLOODY RAYYYYYY!!!!!

makes a cold wet Wednesday morning much more palatable

Cracking first goal

ajsccfc

One thing about Bigi that impressed me was in the closing stages he was imploring everyone to push Port Vale back and close them down. With a single goal to defend our instinct has tended to otherwise be withdraw out of fear and concede late, preventing that alone can make a world of difference.

The most pertinent thing Robins said afterwards is that passion and pride aren't the issue, it's decision-making and fear. It's like he's been secretly watching us all season. As much as I like to see players haring around with urgency (and someone doing so can fire up those around them), I've never thought a lack of effort or not caring is our undoing.

letsallsingtogether

He's not even a good shot stopper. He's a poor keeper who I feel shouldn't be at this level.
Well we have got what we got.
There is little difference between ether of our keepers IMO.
Obviously our 4 managers this season see more in Burge then RCC.

Nick

Administrator
Well we have got what we got.
There is little difference between ether of our keepers IMO.
Obviously our 4 managers this season see more in Burge then RCC.

Surprised people aren't saying there is a clause in RCC's contract stopping him from playing, they have made it up about every other player haven't they?

olderskyblue

SkyBlue_Bear83

Won't load on my phone but I swear that's what it said here. Player Statistics

Edit: it loaded, it gets worse. That's the joint most of any player. 9 shots in the league.
I'm not sure how reliable that is, it says bigi has only had 3 shots but i reckon he's put at least 10 free kicks straight into the wall or over the bar this season.

Otis

I'm not sure how reliable that is, it says bigi has only had 3 shots but i reckon he's put at least 10 free kicks straight into the wall or over the bar this season.
Should be written into Bigi's contract that he is never ever allowed to take a free kick again.

Otis

Omfg... criminal so why the bloidy hell did he get re signed???
Miscommunication.

He turned up after the summer break with his boots and Tony Mowbray said 'Oh, I thought you had resigned.'

'No' says Tudgay. 'I will go and do it right now.' He then popped straight into the office and re-signed his contract and Mowbray was left red faced.

covcity4life

tudgay never supposed to play a starring role this season. hes done ok considering imo. hopefully he wont start again though as we need pace upfront.

Otis

I think it is true that he has been played out of necessity rather than choice. I don't think it was ever the intention to play him week in week out.

Ash

Tbh, I've been shocked at how inept Tudgay's been during his time here. Always thought he looked fairly handy at previous clubs but he's been atrocious here.

Cov kid 55

One thing about Bigi that impressed me was in the closing stages he was imploring everyone to push Port Vale back and close them down. With a single goal to defend our instinct has tended to otherwise be withdraw out of fear and concede late, preventing that alone can make a world of difference.

The most pertinent thing Robins said afterwards is that passion and pride aren't the issue, it's decision-making and fear. It's like he's been secretly watching us all season. As much as I like to see players haring around with urgency (and someone doing so can fire up those around them), I've never thought a lack of effort or not caring is our undoing.
Spot on post, I've never believed our players don't try, or don't care. I do believe the team is ill equipped for this league, lack confidence and that there is a huge fear factor.

covcity4life

I think initially he went for burge but an injury brought RCC in who went on to break the record for minutes without a goal so decided to stick with him

that was last year! and mowbray always talked like rcc was better in interviews i noticed. he also started rcc this year.

ccfchoi87

that was last year! and mowbray always talked like rcc was better in interviews i noticed. he also started rcc this year.

Yeah I remember but initially he picked burge like the next 2 managers have done, maybe they trust burge more from what they see in training. I would imagine RCC to be quite erratic and trying different things during training. I don't think there is that much between them but RCC is better. We'll see next year who robins prefers

covcity4life

Yeah I remember but initially he picked burge like the next 2 managers have done, maybe they trust burge more from what they see in training. I would imagine RCC to be quite erratic and trying different things during training. I don't think there is that much between them but RCC is better. We'll see next year who robins prefers

i think next year a experience keeper will be in and rcc 2nd. hopefully burge out

SkyblueBazza

Port Vale caretaker boss Michael Brown told BBC Radio Stoke "We tried hard but we weren't good enough. It's disappointing as it was Coventry."

Nuff said

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Grendel

tudgay never supposed to play a starring role this season. hes done ok considering imo. hopefully he wont start again though as we need pace upfront.

He featured in most games under Mowbray at the start of the season.

Gazolba

Lots of criticism but Tudgay is actually our leading scorer. The other two, Sordell and Agyei have gone.

Users who are viewing this thread