Match Thread Coventry v Gillingham Match Thread - Saturday 18th Feb (1 Viewer)

lifeskyblue

Yesterday was a much needed win. We should have 'killed' the game before half time. 2nd half under the cosh but eventually battled through.
I think the keeper change at half time reduced slades options second half and meant that we couldn't change the injured and tiring Thomas's and tiring tudgay. Clearly having both yak and tudgay for last 20mins meant we were v slow and immobile up front. Tudgay still worked hard but clearly was struggling. Jones gave us an option to run at defenders but we didn't bring him into the game enough to relieve pressure on defence. Turnbull and Clarke had v good games and DKE also. Haynes was ok but needed 2nd half to get a yd or two closer to the winger to reduce the options for the cross. Reilly, rose and foley worked well 1st half and although 2nd half they dropped too deep they still put in good solid performances. Reilly improving with each game...I didn't rate him initially.
Slade and ricketts must get the team defending 10-15yds further up the pitch when we are under sustained pressure.
Great that we won...need to build on in terms of the trophy and for next season. I think we will still go down but hopefully there will be positives to take to league 2

PUSB

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

The only thing that spoiled it for me today was the strange guy sitting next to me.

He had the whole row to pick a seat, but plonked himself right down next to me and then talked to me all game.

Weirdo. ;)
I think you're cracking up Otis, I was sitting in block 20 and I could see you sitting all alone !
Its all in your mind, an imaginary friend or he's a GHOST. :emoji_ghost: :emoji_scream:

Users who are viewing this thread