Match Thread Coventry v Fleetwood Match Thread - Saturday 21st Jan (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry v Fleetwood match, tactics and predictions :)

tom88

We are due a win and were at home. Cov to win 2-1 in a very close game

Burge

Haynes
Rawson
Clarke
Foley

Reid
Rose
Reilly
Jones *

Thomas
Beavon

Bench

RCC
Willis
Turnbull
Bigi
Gadzhev
Lameires
Tudgay

* Doubt he will start but I really want to see him given a chance.

Brylowes

As the importance to pick up points grows with every game, I fear the team lacks
The quality, experience and guile needed to see us through. 0-1

Otis

Burge
Willis Clarke Rawson Stokes
Stevenson Rose
Thomas Lamerais Reid
Beavon

With everyone available I'd go with that
A Stevenson/Rose midfield lacks any tackling ability or strength. Surely we need a ball winner in there don't we?*

*Not that we've got one of course.

steve82

Coventry city home form..
P. W. D. L. F. A. GD. Pts
12 3 6 3 13 11 2 15

I think our home form is gonna be key to our survival chances.

Paxman II

I can't predict the team selection. What I do know is we have to win realistically or confidence will drain away before the manager and new signings have barely got their feet under the table.
Slade had another week to get his message across so I'll plump for a hard fought win.

shmmeee

Burge
Foley Clarke Rawson Stokes
Reilly Stevenson
Reid Thomas Jones
Beavon

It won't be though it'll be 442 with tudgay up front with Beavon.

I'd prefer Willis after seeing his debut Saturday

You can't say that! Only Tony Mowbray makes bad signings ;)

steve82

yeah RS very similar to mowbray results wise this season.

Still early days under RS but he's got to transform a entire confidence shot squad and shape with new players in 4 weeks while the need for points is drastically increasing as each game passes.
Defence is now strengthen with size, experience and pedigree.
Midfield needs a general ideally and wingers.
Up top desperately need a target man in my eyes and pace with vernam likely the one to add that.
That's slades biggest problem to solve... goals.
I trust RS still.

shmmeee

If by the end of the window we can end up with something like:

Burge (still want a proper GK)
Reid Reilly DM LW
Vernam Beavon

I reckon we might just be OK. Shame there's no place for the likes of Stevenson, Thomas and Willis, but we are in the shit and it's not the time to blood kids sadly.

ccfchoi87

If by the end of the window we can end up with something like:

Burge (still want a proper GK)
Reid Reilly DM LW
Vernam Beavon

I reckon we might just be OK. Shame there's no place for the likes of Stevenson, Thomas and Willis, but we are in the shit and it's not the time to blood kids sadly.

Reid RM are you sure

ceetee

Still early days under RS but he's got to transform a entire confidence shot squad and shape with new players in 4 weeks while the need for points is drastically increasing as each game passes.
Defence is now strengthen with size, experience and pedigree.
Midfield needs a general ideally and wingers.
Up top desperately need a target man in my eyes and pace with vernam likely the one to add that.
That's slades biggest problem to solve... goals.
I trust RS still.
When I somewhat tongue-in-cheek suggested Rose as a target man, no one shot me down. Mind you I suppose no one took me seriously either

steve82

When I somewhat tongue-in-cheek suggested Rose as a target man, no one shot me down. Mind you I suppose no one took me seriously either

On Saturday we was in desperate need for him to win some headers.... I can only recall him winning one from a cross/corner. Another case of a 6ft + player unable to use his size in this way.

We desperately need a target man to do that role in my opinion

Cov kid 55

I'd prefer Willis after seeing his debut Saturday

I'm sure that Foley will be a good player/squad member for us, but I agree, I thought Willis played well on Saturday and would be unfortunate to lose his place. Did Foley get a knock on Saturday?

higgs

We have good strength now at the back a cm and winger and a target man before the weekend pls

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

ccfchoi87

I'm sure that Foley will be a good player/squad member for us, but I agree, I thought Willis played well on Saturday and would be unfortunate to lose his place. Did Foley get a knock on Saturday?

Yeah I agree, I just think Willis should play whilst he's still here. Foley went off due to injury looked like hamstring? Odd because he should be match fit

johnwillomagic

Seeing if we get anyone else in first before predicting start XI - think we may nick it 1-0 Fleetwood strong at home not so strong away.

Users who are viewing this thread