Coventry Telegraph (1 Viewer)

glancy89

does anyone else get really frustrated with these guys? Feel they constantly slate CCFC fans for not supporting club. Today's post for example. I for one am lucky to be able to afford the time and the stupid ticket costs this year but I'm sure there are plenty of fans that just don't feel the walk up price is worth the misery of football we are playing at the moment (ps keep winning I am happy but it's not entertaining).

oucho

chiefdave

I'd gone off the site for a while, but when they recently ran multiple stories about that bodybuilder in Florida who died I knew nobody else could get to the heart of local matters like they could.
There's some hard hitting local news stories on there today:
  • This is the best time to buy FIFA 18
  • National Lottery results
  • Aldi now selling THREE LITRE bottles of prosecco - here's how much it costs
  • Poundland shoppers slam M&M's knock-off over 'offensive' name
  • Why NOW is the perfect time to book a trip away
  • New Jane Austen £10 note launched today (believe it or not there's 3 stories on the front page about the new £10 note)
  • New Royal Mail stamps to celebrate children's Ladybird books
  • This new music festival could be set to replace Glastonbury in 2018
  • B&M launch spooky Halloween range - here's what you can buy
  • Thomas Cook and Expedia team up on city breaks with 60,000 more hotels to choose from

oucho

Very strange.
Not so. IMO the CT does a great service in trying to keep up the pressure on the club by highlighting their faults. This is absolutely needed. I support the team on the pitch and the off field football side of the club, but not the club as an organisation.

Nick

Administrator
Not so. IMO the CT does a great service in trying to keep up the pressure on the club by highlighting their faults. This is absolutely needed. I support the team on the pitch and the off field football side of the club, but not the club as an organisation.

Spinning up as much anger as possible against CCFC isn't needed.

If you support CCFC on the pitch and off the pitch you would see that.

I thought they were pressuring SISU and not CCFC anyway?

torchomatic

Do you mean "the club" or do you mean SISU?

oucho

Spinning up as much anger as possible against CCFC isn't needed.

If you support CCFC on the pitch and off the pitch you would see that.

I thought they were pressuring SISU and not CCFC anyway?
Well they're pressuring CCFC whilst SISU own the club, so in their minds (and I agree) pressuring SISU's ownership of the club by criticising CCFC. I approve and would like to see it more.

Man U fans have a saying of "love the team, hate the club" - that's not far off from my opinion. Not that this applies to any of our individual staff or any particular person, more the pathetic state that we are in. I'm not sympathetic to anything CCFC does and don't feel any loyalty to the club when someone like the CT has a go at them, quite the opposite. That's just my view.

ajsccfc

Tell you what, I'm already looking for the offensive M&Ms, the Halloween and the monster bottle of Prosecco so I can't really scoff at their practices too much.

torchomatic

Were they doing a great service for the club when they made an arrangement with the council to suppress news on the Ricoh to smooth the way for Wasps to come in?

Always winds Gilbert up, that does.

torchomatic

Nick

Administrator
Well they're pressuring CCFC whilst SISU own the club, so in their minds (and I agree) pressuring SISU's ownership of the club by criticising CCFC. I approve and would like to see it more.

So you would like a newspaper to go all out on the club you support to get at SISU? Why not just say they should go all out on SISU?

Hammering CCFC at every chance isn't getting at SISU. Getting at SISU is getting at SISU.

It's like me pissing somebody off and them going all out at something I'm not that fussed about thinking I'm taking a battering rather than them give me a battering.

Hammering CCFC is hammering CCFC. Hammering SISU is hammering SISU. The same when people slate things like JSBS thinking it slates SISU.

oucho

Were they doing a great service for the club when they made an arrangement with the council to suppress news on the Ricoh to smooth the way for Wasps to come in?
So you would like a newspaper to go all out on the club you support to get at SISU? Why not just say they should go all out on SISU?

Hammering CCFC at every chance isn't getting at SISU. Getting at SISU is getting at SISU.

It's like me pissing somebody off and them going all out at something I'm not that fussed about thinking I'm taking a battering rather than them give me a battering.

Hammering CCFC is hammering CCFC. Hammering SISU is hammering SISU. The same when people slate things like JSBS thinking it slates SISU.
SISU are fair game. Don't agree with attacking the football club. Whatever floats your boat.
While SISU own CCFC, CCFC is fair game. Without wanting to get into all this again, I was pleased when the council sold the Ricoh to Wasps as it gave SISU everything their behaviour deserved. Shame SISU didn't take the hint and leave then, or since.

torchomatic

Ccfc is dead any news is good news I'm going Saturday but I know it's not going to be good football.a few beers with mates.

They were certainly alive and kicking on Tuesday night. Maybe you're just being overly dramatic?

Nick

Administrator
As I said, very strange.

People sat there getting excited and encouraging about things aimed at CCFC because they think it gets to SISU.

It's like being outraged that some bloke had punched your kid and hurt them, what better way to show it than to boot the kid in the ribs when they are down.

torchomatic

While SISU own CCFC, CCFC is fair game. Without wanting to get into all this again, I was pleased when the council sold the Ricoh to Wasps as it gave SISU everything their behaviour deserved. Shame SISU didn't take the hint and leave then, or since.

Pleased? Even though it totally wrecked the future of the club you support? As I said, whatever floats your boat.

oucho

Pleased? Even though it totally wrecked the future of the club you support? As I said, whatever floats your boat.
Yep. Like I say, SISU got the outcome their machinations deserved. Same with their repeated legal defeats.

torchomatic

Yep. Like I say, SISU got the outcome their machinations deserved. Same with their repeated legal defeats.

Breathtaking, but there you go. CCFC didn't get the outcome they deserved, but who cares, eh?

ccfcway

As I said, very strange.

People sat there getting excited and encouraging about things aimed at CCFC because they think it gets to SISU.

It's like being outraged that some bloke had punched your kid and hurt them, what better way to show it than to boot the kid in the ribs when they are down.

The council selling a stadium to a rugby club isn't anything like displays of violence against a child

ajsccfc

It's more like making love to a beautiful woman.

fast-show_2675180b.jpg

Nick

Administrator
The council selling a stadium to a rugby club isn't anything like displays of violence against a child

I didn't mean that exact thing, I meant more about being upset because something you care about is damaged.

Here's a better one.

It's like having a car in storage that your dad passed down to you as a kid, you have put it into storage but really love it but the storage company are twats and wont let you have it back, they dont look after it etc. To display this, we aren't going round to the owners of the storage company to sort it out. Oh no, we are getting tooled up to smash the car up to show them.

ccfcway

What if the car is a clapped out heap of rubbish because the storage company haven't looked after it, and as a result, you have fell out of love with the car and are bitter at the storage company ?

oucho

Breathtaking, but there you go. CCFC didn't get the outcome they deserved, but who cares, eh?
Can't distinguish between CCFC and SISU whiel they own us, as they used CCFC as a vehicle for their own ends. Their actions have made me ashamed to be a Cov fan and destroyed my off-pitch loyalty to CCFC, why would I defend them?

To me it's breathataking that anyone would defend the club from criticism, but there you go - each to their own.

P.S. the Ricoh issue isn't a big deal, we'll be fine as tenants and I personally fully expect us to buy at least a share in the Ricoh in the mid-term future.

Nick

Administrator
What if the car is a clapped out heap of rubbish because the storage company haven't looked after it, and as a result, you have fell out of love with the car and are bitter at the storage company ?

Then I wouldn't be on the car owners forums for starters and going to look at it still.

Smashing the car up doesn't show bitterness for the storage company, smashing their cars up would be.

Nick

Administrator
Can't distinguish between CCFC and SISU whiel they own us, as they used CCFC as a vehicle for their own ends. Their actions have made me ashamed to be a Cov fan and destroyed my off-pitch loyalty to CCFC, why would I defend them?

To me it's breathataking that anyone would defend the club from criticism, but there you go - each to their own.

P.S. the Ricoh issue isn't a big deal, we'll be fine as tenants and I personally fully expect us to buy at least a share in the Ricoh in the mid-term future.

There's a difference between criticism (ie if ticketing is shit because of a ticketmaster mistake) compared to actively wanting to go all out on them, spin it up into a big deal and make CCFC look as bad as possible.

Even weirder when you have said:

I support the team on the pitch and the off field football side of the club

Yet you get thrills from people spinning things and making mountains out of molehills to make the club / ccfc look bad.

torchomatic

Presumably then when Coventry City score a goal you don't cheer as that would be supporting SISU?

pastythegreat

There's some hard hitting local news stories on there today:
  • This is the best time to buy FIFA 18
  • National Lottery results
  • Aldi now selling THREE LITRE bottles of prosecco - here's how much it costs
  • Poundland shoppers slam M&M's knock-off over 'offensive' name
  • Why NOW is the perfect time to book a trip away
  • New Jane Austen £10 note launched today (believe it or not there's 3 stories on the front page about the new £10 note)
  • New Royal Mail stamps to celebrate children's Ladybird books
  • This new music festival could be set to replace Glastonbury in 2018
  • B&M launch spooky Halloween range - here's what you can buy
  • Thomas Cook and Expedia team up on city breaks with 60,000 more hotels to choose from
I want some offensive M&Ms

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Ian1779

Can't distinguish between CCFC and SISU whiel they own us, as they used CCFC as a vehicle for their own ends.

Yes they used us for all the gazillions they've made on the side. In fact the reason they didn't buy the Ricoh is because it wasn't big enough to fit in all the money they made.

pastythegreat

FFS. CCFC got royally fucked over by the council and the telegraph but that's all just a side show as long as SISU got their comeuppance.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread