Match Thread Coventry City - Queens Park Rangers Match Thread - Saturday 4th May (1 Viewer)

Ashdown

Ultimately we only lost 5 more games than Leicester …..it was all the draws that killed us over the season, many of them came from suspect defending. Our form also dipped when Lawrence left….was this just coincidence?
We’ll be back, hopefully with a bit more grit next year !

Brighton Sky Blue

Ok won't bring it up again

But no need to worry too much imo. Robins only has a track record of making us better over time

Today had good atmosphere for lap of honour. Don't let it ruin ya mood. Sunny day enjoy it and the exciting summer signing players
Regardless of what I vent on here...always get behind the players at games and today no different to show appreciation for the players who helped us up the divisions and are now parting company.

Just a pity for that wally of a goalkeeper to be the opposition's star man once again. Hopefully the new first team coach and some sensible recruitment can sort out the defensive issues while MR tries to instil a more dynamic and high tempo game than we've seen since January.

covcity4life

Regardless of what I vent on here...always get behind the players at games and today no different to show appreciation for the players who helped us up the divisions and are now parting company.

Just a pity for that wally of a goalkeeper to be the opposition's star man once again. Hopefully the new first team coach and some sensible recruitment can sort out the defensive issues while MR tries to instil a more dynamic and high tempo game than we've seen since January.
Still hope Collins can come good. I wouldn't sell him over Moore or Wilson personally

Brighton Sky Blue

Still hope Collins can come good. I wouldn't sell him over Moore or Wilson personally
As do I...but what I've seen in this second half of the season from him has been really concerning. It's gone past what Moore and Wilson did to lose their spots and he needs some serious work putting in over the summer along with the rest of the defence.

It should not be so easy to score against us and usually under MR it hasn't been.

skybluecam

Just trying to put a positive spin on a very disappointing finish to the season. Guess it really should serve as a wake up call to MR as to which players/areas of the pitch we are woeful, who to keep, who to bin off, where to recruit, strengthen etc. Seeing the likes of Ipswich achieve back to back promotions should make him aware that what we want for the club shouldn’t require enormous resources.
Ipswich’s wage bill is higher than ours 🤔

shmmeee

I can normally understand it, but today the 'Your ground's too big for you' chant made zero sense.

Quite liked their fans in a way, noisy when they got going and tried to banter, but some absolute cringey tinpot stuff as well. Bit like us I guess.

Antelope

Well wasn’t that a shambles. The Barnsley trio have to go as I’ve been saying since Christmas but was ridiculed by you losers.

Can only assume the only losers that wanted Brum down are those that don’t attend away games. Plymouth away on a Tuesday night won’t be fun.

Im lost for words by losers like @skybluecam who spent the whole game watching Brum on their phone. He must have done that all season judging my his opinions.

Brighton Sky Blue

Well wasn’t that a shambles. The Barnsley trio have to go as I’ve been saying since Christmas but was ridiculed by you losers.

Can only assume the only losers that wanted Brum down are those that don’t attend away games. Plymouth away on a Tuesday night won’t be fun.

Im lost for words by losers like @skybluecam who spent the whole game watching Brum on their phone. He must have done that all season judging my his opinions.
Needs more of a spring in his step, Antelope.

skybluecam

Are you getting piece rate each time you put the word loser in a comment?

Old Warwickshire lad

As do I...but what I've seen in this second half of the season from him has been really concerning. It's gone past what Moore and Wilson did to lose their spots and he needs some serious work putting in over the summer along with the rest of the defence.

It should not be so easy to score against us and usually under MR it hasn't been.
He wasn’t good the first half of the season. He has never been able to catch a ball in his 6 yard box. He is rooted to his line at corners, constantly flapping at anything that comes close to him.
And if challenged he gets out of the way.
He pushes every shot away without a thought to where it is going.
His only redeeming feature is that he will occasionally pull out a marvellous save,and tip a shot over he had no right to get to.
That unfortunately just isn’t enough to make up for the constant errors, he isn’t a kid of 18 he is an experienced keeper.

Brighton Sky Blue

He wasn’t good the first half of the season. He has never been able to catch a ball in his 6 yard box. He is rooted to his line at corners, constantly flapping at anything that comes close to him.
And if challenged he gets out of the way.
He pushes every shot away without a thought to where it is going.
His only redeeming feature is that he will occasionally pull out a marvellous save,and tip a shot over he had no right to get to.
That unfortunately just isn’t enough to make up for the constant errors, he isn’t a kid of 18 he is an experienced keeper.
He wasn’t dropping clangers almost every week that’s for sure. Meant to be decent on the ball but I’ve not seen much evidence of that either.

wingy

Bloody hell just thought,boy caught the sun Saturday,left a nice white patch on me bonce where me hat was!!

Users who are viewing this thread