Match Thread Coventry City - Newport County Match Thread - Saturday 19th Aug (1 Viewer)

vow

Can't make this unfortunately, going to the cricket at Edgbaston, so ST's are going to the Sister-in-law.
2-0 win to the City with Nouble in concrete's rod's pocket all game.

Great_Expectations

Missing the game due to holiday and I'm genuinely pretty gutted, such is the confidence I have in the team this year.

I would keep the same winning team, but maybe give Andreau longer off the bench.

Never liked Nouble; one of the laziest players I've ever seen, so I hope he has a shocker culminating in an own goal.

Otis

Missing the game due to holiday and I'm genuinely pretty gutted, such is the confidence I have in the team this year.

I would keep the same winning team, but maybe give Andreau longer off the bench.

Never liked Nouble; one of the laziest players I've ever seen, so I hope he has a shocker culminating in an own goal.
Definitely has some quality about him on his day.

Unfortunately on his day is a Tuesday in October and then another one just after Christmas.

RoboCCFC90

If we play like we did during the 2nd half at Grimsby I believe we will win comfortably.

Kingokings204

Fairly easy. Newport aren't great. At home.

If we get one early then it could be a long afternoon for them.

skybluegod

Don't think it will be as easy as everyone makes out, think we will be pushed hard, but never the less I am looking forward o the game.

Otis

Don't think it will be as easy as everyone makes out, think we will be pushed hard, but never the less I am looking forward o the game.
Yep, same here. I think we will really have to scrap for the points and it may well be close.

stevefloyd

If we battle like we have in the 1st 2 league games and take our chances it will be a fantastic season for us, Robins will have a difficult job keeping all happy and fit but if we are still top of the league or thereabouts its amazing how keen players can be to keep playing regardless of injury

skybluegod

Yep, same here. I think we will really have to scrap for the points and it may well be close.
It's never going to be easy, although it was a different team I know, but the away game against Morecambe last season we really should have lost. We aren't going to piss on every team in this league, but thankfully we now do seem to have players that will be able to scrap, and fight for points and wins

Astute

Off to the game still on Saturday after having to change my plans. But the game I am going to has changed :banghead:

Eldest lad has brought his stag do forward a couple of weeks as his best mate...best man...is leaving the country early through work. So am going to Motherwell v Ross County :oops:

Will.have ifollow on though

skybluegod

It's never going to be easy, although it was a different team I know, but the away game against Morecambe last season we really should have lost. We aren't going to piss on every team in this league, but thankfully we now do seem to have players that will be able to scrap, and fight for points and wins

hill83

The fallout when we eventually lose a game (next season LOL) is going to be monumental. I'm feeling great about things at the moment. But it's 2 games.
Saying that. Got us down for 4-0 in this one.

Astute

reading this thread it's like our whole history never happened and on no other occasion did we fuck up just when we seemed to be going on a roll!!
I agree.

But we are certainly due a season where it doesn't go horribly wrong either at the start, middle or end. And this is the best equipped squad compared to the division we are in for many, many years.

Skyblueweeman

Mating whales

2d10ddf7103d2b4cbad6cbd0ee2d804b.jpg

Here's some Mates in Wales

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread