Could be worse......could be an Arsenal fan (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Theyve always been my 'Premiership team' but this is just embarrassing!

If Arsene keeps his job, I'm gonna put it out there that our Joy has a conflict of interest and is also part of the Arsenal board!

Surely there comes a point when even the man himself must question his influence at the club?

Liquid Gold

I don't know about premiership team but I do have a small soft spot for arsenal. I used to live in Islington and I like the way they play football and bring through youth. That score is embarrassing though.

I'm sure I'll change my tune when I see their 'fans' from all over the country saying how bad they have it.

chiefdave

People calling for him to be sacked and Arsenal fans going on about how they deserve better and have had years of failure!

Think they need to open their eyes and see what fans of other clubs have to put up with.

Sick Boy

People calling for him to be sacked and Arsenal fans going on about how they deserve better and have had years of failure!

Think they need to open their eyes and see what fans of other clubs have to put up with.

I tried to get this across to an Arsenal fan I work with...listening to him you'd think they were consistently successful before Wenger. They are up there amongst my most hated fans....just behind Newcastle 'no one understands the passion we have' Utd.

Last edited:

eastwoodsdustman

I dont know how they manage to deal with all of their faliure, I really don't. I'm so glad we don't have to put up with the shit that they have week in week out supporting their team.

Nick

Administrator
I dont know how they manage to deal with all of their faliure, I really don't. I'm so glad we don't have to put up with the shit that they have week in week out supporting their team.

Bet it's nice and warm on their sofas around the country though in front of the TV ;)

Some cheeky little bastard commented on my daughter supporting CCFC, said they were rubbish (well, he isnt far wrong in fairness). I told her to ask him where he sits at games and see what he says.

It's like being a kid again on the playground, apart from the Man Utd fans aren't giving it load that they had just beaten us. Nowadays they hardly know who we are :(

SkyblueBazza

Results speak volumes - they've actually gone backwards over the last 10yrs really. Top 4 may be beyond them this season too

...onwards & upwards PUSB

CJ_covblaze

Three things that are key:
Most expensive season tickets in the world. £150m in the bank partly due to this.
Wenger is on 163 grand a week/8.5m a year.

It's getting embarrassing. Most of their fans would accept a few seasons like United are having in a transition. At the moment the board don't care if they win trophies or games for that matter. As long as the Emirates is full and they get top 4 every year, all is great. No fan has the divine right to see their club win things every year but every fan has the right to see their club compete to the highest level it can, show ambition and spend the money they put in correctly. That isn't happening.

As a neutral I hope Wenger can win the FA Cup in his last season and gets his statue. He raised that club to new heights, has won 30% of their trophies and did a great job but it's time to leave. They've just lost 10-2 on aggregate but he's blaming the ref! It's laughable.

As for the board look at the cash reserves in the club accounts. Some may say they can't compete with Chelsea because they've got Roman ($9bn) but why can't they? Kronke and Usmanov have personal fortunes of $8bn and $15bn respectively.

Do they have it better than most? Yes.
Do their fans deserve better? Yes.

chiefdave

It's getting embarrassing. Most of their fans would accept a few seasons like United are having in a transition. At the moment the board don't care if they win trophies or games for that matter. As long as the Emirates is full and they get top 4 every year, all is great. No fan has the divine right to see their club win things every year but every fan has the right to see their club compete to the highest level it can, show ambition and spend the money they put in correctly. That isn't happening.
What's embarrassing is the Arsenal fans. Wenger has never finished outside the top 4, they're currently in 5th with a game in hand. 3 Premier League titles, 6 FA Cup wins and a 7th final appearance, 2 League Cup finals, a Champions League final and in the Champions League every season since 98/99.

From a business perspective are people actually suggesting the way forward is to scrap their sustainable business model in favour of massive spending? Seems crazy. They have the 3rd biggest turnover and the 4th biggest wage bill so it seems about right to me.

Think Arsenal fans need to be careful what they wish for. Can't see anyone else coming in and doing any better.

covcity4life

hopefully he wins fa cup again. 3 out of 4 years not too shabby at all.

shame how its gone in europe though. they were such a good team the year they lost late on to barca

Gazolba

Only one club can win the Premier League and one can win the Champions League.
So all the other clubs are 'failures' and their managers are 'failures'.
Personally, I think Wenger has worked wonders at Arsenal but he's been there a long time and it's time for a change.
They are never going to re-create the glory years of the past when they had players like Henry, Bergkamp, Overmars, Viera and Kanu,

Terry Gibson's perm

After tonight the PSG job will be available in the summer.

He is doing what the owner wants not rocking the boat and doing just enough.

fernandopartridge

Only one club can win the Premier League and one can win the Champions League.
So all the other clubs are 'failures' and their managers are 'failures'.
Personally, I think Wenger has worked wonders at Arsenal but he's been there a long time and it's time for a change.
They are never going to re-create the glory years of the past when they had players like Henry, Bergkamp, Overmars, Viera and Kanu,
Football began many years ago. Arsenal were a successful team before Wenger turned up, to suggest that he's working wonders is a huge exaggeration.

Liquid Gold

Between 1954 and 1987 they won the league once. To suggest they were some superpower before wenger is also untrue. They are at their level now. Their fans have heightened expectations because wenger made them immensely successful just when the premier league really blew up internationally.

I think they could be in for a shock when he does finally go.

fernandopartridge

Between 1954 and 1987 they won the league once. To suggest they were some superpower before wenger is also untrue. They are at their level now. Their fans have heightened expectations because wenger made them immensely successful just when the premier league really blew up internationally.

I think they could be in for a shock when he does finally go.
They won it again in 89 and 91 though. Always been one of the big 5, they're no better off than than they were when he took over.

jimmyhillsfanclub

They won it again in 89 and 91 though. Always been one of the big 5, they're no better off than than they were when he took over.

That 1989 title was sweet......Thomas late late winner at anfield to snatch the title from under the red-shites noses.......fucking loved it......and I didn't even live up here then.....so my hatred towards LFC wasn't even up to full speed.....

fernandopartridge

Arsenal's proper support there, not the dickheads who watch them now (who only realised they existed when Fever Pitch came out).

It'd be a round of light applause and chants of 'For he's a jolly good fellow' if they won the title at Anfield these days.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Arsenal's proper support there, not the dickheads who watch them now (who only realised they existed when Fever Pitch came out).

It'd be a round of light applause and chants of 'For he's a jolly good fellow' if they won the title at Anfield these days.

......the winner was in the 93rd minute mate......half of them would already be away down the motorway complete with their "this is anfield" sign & other assorted tat from the liverpool superstore.....

Users who are viewing this thread