Clingans view on his penalty miss (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Just read the CET match report and Clingan was questioned on his decision to take our penalty. It was interesting to read him say "....I was so confident I would score the penalty...." we'll I'm glad he was because I bet the majority of the travelling fans had little or no confidence in him! I certainly didn't.

He goes on to say ".....I should have put it the other side..." "......but, to be fair, the keeper made a good save and I couldn't have hit it any neater". Really Sammy? From my view I thought it was a pretty poor penalty and it was anything but neat!! I'm no expert and no pro footballer but am surprised he thinks that was a good pen!

Paxman II

Watching the highlights yes he did actually strike it well and right in the bottom corner. It was a good save from a keeper who guessed right and went early. Always like the thump down the middle to be honest! ;)

Sub

he shouldnt of taken the penalty end of, clingan has been shit all season and has helped put us in the postion we are now, and will possible help get us relegated then fook off at the end of the season and not give to shits about CCFC:jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

oakey

What do you expect him to say?
I agree with the fans who say I'm shit and I didn't even try and I will go and eat worms somewhere.
Can we just leave it now?
Juke didn't get this much stick when he kicked 2 points 4 feet over the bar!

coop

What do you expect him to say?
I agree with the fans who say I'm shit and I didn't even try and I will go and eat worms somewhere.
Can we just leave it now?
Juke didn't get this much stick when he kicked 2 points 4 feet over the bar!
I think the thing that pissed people off was that McSheffery had scored the last two and he should still be on them til he misses.But I can see Clingans point in he is captain and wanted the responsibility on his shoulders.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Watching the highlights yes he did actually strike it well and right in the bottom corner. It was a good save from a keeper who guessed right and went early. Always like the thump down the middle to be honest! ;)

Do you really think it was a good pen? I'll have to watch the highlight again as I Thought, and still do think it was an easy save for KS. Respect your opinion of course! I agree that the thump down the middle is best. Too many players try to place their shots now IMO which probably plays a part in them missing them. I'd say 9 times out of 10, a keeper is going to go either left or right. Very rare do they just stand still so choosing the middle would be a useful option :)

CCFC123

the only person who sammy clingan is bothered about at this moment in time is sammy clingan. it was all about clingan on saturday and I wouldn't be to surprised if McSheffery pinned him to the changing room wall after the game on Saturday.

oakey

Why don't a few of you burn an effigy of Sammy tomorrow night or throw eggs at him?
Strewth, can we stop this witch hunt? After all we have more important things to worry about. If we go down I think the 2 points dropped by Juke's penalty miss will be more significant than Sammy's miss. It sounds farcical now.

johnwillomagic

I certainly did not think the penalty was the worst to be fair to Clingan....keeper guessed right and saved well, sometimes you have to give the goalie credit.

I agree Juke's penalty that is still rising if we do go down will be far more costly but there are a lot of juke lovers on here.

I know what people are saying about McSheffrey but I have seen him miss a few in his time as well, no guarantee he would have scored!!!

Hindsights a wonderful thing, anyway we move on and think and hoping we can get the three points tomorrow night PUSB! :claping hands:

Users who are viewing this thread