Match Thread Chesterfld v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 14th Jan (1 Viewer)

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Not sure what he'll do at left back - Haynes or Harries maybe? Don't think he'll even bother with Stokes on the bench now Willis is fit.

Burge

Foley Clarke Turnbull Haynes

Thomas Reilly Rose Reid

Tudgay Beavon

RCC, Harries, Willis, Stevenson, Bigi, Jones, Lameiras

Nick

Administrator
The other night Jones, lameiras and Thomas all seemed to keep switching sides and then going up front.

Rory83

Am really looking forward to tomorrow. Think we'll win big actually, three or four. Without doubt we need a striker, I wonder if West Ham would consider loaning out the lad Martinez. Never gets a look in with the first team but is banging them for fun in the reserves.

steve82

Started to look forward to tomorrow now, picked the lad up from school told him the bad news... he's traveling to watch the mighty sky blues on the road!
Walking in a Slade wonderland...

Paxman II

Not sure what he'll do at left back - Haynes or Harries maybe? Don't think he'll even bother with Stokes on the bench now Willis is fit.

Burge

Foley Clarke Turnbull Haynes

Thomas Reilly Rose Reid

Tudgay Beavon

RCC, Harries, Willis, Stevenson, Bigi, Jones, Lameiras

...this is probably the team with Willis injured and Stokes injured but it's a tight decision between Thomas and Tudgay. Slade is looking for experience on the pitch so think Thomas will come on at 60 minutes. Jones would weaken the side away from home in the opening hour so expect him on at around the 60 mark. Stevenson is subject to sale so no part unless no other choice. Bigi a lot still to prove so gets another go on 60 minutes I suspect. Think we will score a couple and win this one.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

...this is probably the team with Willis injured and Stokes injured but it's a tight decision between Thomas and Tudgay. Slade is looking for experience on the pitch so think Thomas will come on at 60 minutes. Jones would weaken the side away from home in the opening hour so expect him on at around the 60 mark. Stevenson is subject to sale so no part unless no other choice. Bigi a lot still to prove so gets another go on 60 minutes I suspect. Think we will score a couple and win this one.

Think he'll leave Thomas wide right for his industry and work rate and start with Tudgay and Beavon up top as the experienced two. Then introduce Jones as you say, after the hour mark.

steve82

Anyone no roughly what time the sky blues players generally arrive at the away stadiums?
The lad wants to see them off the coach, any input be welcome.

Sky Blue Harry H

Looking forward to tomorrow. Keep Ched quiet and I'd expect 3 points (how a couple of games can change the mindset!)

Great_Expectations

Potentially controversial, but I wouldn't mind if RS had a little chat with Evans after the game. He could be the striker we are looking for, especially thinking about next season too once he has had a full season under his belt this year.

Otis

I am in the get rid camp I'm afraid.

Some skill for sure, but shrinks out of games, knocked off the ball too easily, dispossessed too easily and gives the ball away all too often.

Bench at best for me at the moment.

I remember Kevin Thornton and Lee Fowler being the most skilful players at the club too.

You need more to your armoury than just having a silky touch.

standupforcity

I am in the get rid camp I'm afraid.

Some skill for sure, but shrinks out of games, knocked off the ball too easily, dispossessed too easily and gives the ball away all too often.

Bench at best for me at the moment.

I remember Kevin Thornton and Lee Fowler being the most skilful players at the club too.

You need more to your armoury than just having a silky touch.
All remedied by confidence...hence a run of starts a good idea!

Otis

All remedied by confidence...hence a run of starts a good idea!
I just think he lacks the attributes myself. I don't believe it is just a confidence thing. I think he is a player that needs to be carried at times.

Shame, but I think his future lies elsewhere.

D

Deleted member 4439

Which pub will the majority of the SBA go beforehand?

Would like to know, as well. Football ground guide is suggesting the Derby Tup or Red Lion, both within 5 mins walk of the stadium.

standupforcity

I just think he lacks the attributes myself. I don't believe it is just a confidence thing. I think he is a player that needs to be carried at times.

Shame, but I think his future lies elsewhere.
Well it will be interesting to see Otis. Would hate to see him move on then become a star elsewhere under the right management...

eastwoodsdustman

I am. Theyre like a rudderless ship. I can see a few goals and 3 points. As for Lameires, the most talented player we have had for a few years and only held back by managers and players around him.

Nick

Administrator
Clarke vs Ched Evans should be a good thing to watch. Although Evans didn't do much against us before.

Randeep94

Safe trip to everyone going out there today, hopefully the weather holds up and doesn't piss it down. Need to bring home the 3pts and get the momentum going in the league.

trevelfarandwide

2-1 win today, Beavon will be instrumental.

Actually, 3-1.

steve82

Going all out on a 4-1 in our favour 3 late goals tho to still a nail biter as per with the city!
Nearly time to depart for Chesterfield.... I take it there is no pitch inspection?
Port Vale v MK Dons is off.

Users who are viewing this thread