Chesterfield Media View (1 Viewer)

Irish Sky Blue

We listened to Peak Radio on the way home yesterday as they cover Chesterfield matches. It was interesting to hear some of their views. Some clips of the commentary were played. The pitch invaders were described as "cretins" and the guy who confronted the goalkeeper, Tommy Lee, was a "moron", not PC but difficult to disagree with. Lee was described as the new Karate Kid for his body slam on this guy.
Danny Wilson was interviewed and more or less said that his team might be considered lucky to have got a draw against "one of the best teams in the division" He also said that he feared the worst when Maddison stepped up to take the equalising free kick as he is such an exceptional talent.
The presenter of the programme described Coventry as the best team in the league and "are certain to be promoted this season"
One of their players, Sam Hird was interviewed. He brought Maddison down for the crucial free kick. He confessed that this was a deliberate trip as he thought Maddison was on his way through to goal. Interestingly he wasn't booked for what was an obvious deliberate foul.
Interesting that some of our opponents are more complementary than are own fans. I thought we did okay yesterday, well on top in the second half and deserved at least the draw. Great spirit in the team who were still really going for the win right up to the final whistle.
i think expectations have been raised to such a level that it is hard for TM, the team and individual players to live up to them every game.
I am loving this season after the dross of recent years.I have been to all home and most away fixtures and haven't seen a bad game. I think we are good enough to win clusters of matches in the second half of the season and to at least get a play off place.

eastwoodsdustman

Just about every team we have played have said that we are the best team they've played and I'm inclined to agree. I can't honestly think of a team this season that have been better than us so far when we've played them.

fernandopartridge

It's funny really. I can remember fans appearing more optimistic when we were in mid table but "only 6 points off the play offs"

Moff

It's funny really. I can remember fans appearing more optimistic when we were in mid table but "only 6 points off the play offs"

Very true, we have been spolit this season and as Higgs said in a post above, we have got greedy, and you cant blame us as we have been feeding off scraps for years!

SkyBlueScottie

We are nicely placed, on the back of a few dodgy performances and some bad injuries to crucial players. Luckily our best player is getting back to full fitness.

jas365

Just about every team we have played have said that we are the best team they've played and I'm inclined to agree. I can't honestly think of a team this season that have been better than us so far when we've played them.

Walsall were the one team that beat us and we couldn't complain about the score.

higgs

Walsall out played us hopefully we can match them when we play the return fixture. Another commanding centre back will go along way for us been unlucky with injuries so good to still be in contention going into the transfer window

rightumpty

We are a really exciting team to watch at the moment and it's no wonder we are getting all the plaudits from opposition managers.
My only concern would be no big man to hold the ball up as a plan B. Armstrong can't play every match and Fortune is not up to it, so who do we have as an alternative ? I'm sure Venus has his eyes open in regard to players available and the opportunity to bring them in within a very restricted budget.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Walsall out played us hopefully we can match them when we play the return fixture. Another commanding centre back will go along way for us been unlucky with injuries so good to still be in contention going into the transfer window

I do think Walsall are the best side in this division so far this season & interestingly my mate who goes everywhere with Shrewsbury said yesterday they're the best side he's seen this season followed by Gillingham.
Interestingly he didn't think too much of us despite our 3-0 win but did say that's the worst they've played this season.

Gazolba

It's not good enough to be the 'best team', you need to win and get the three points.

georgehudson

yeah, i listened to Peak radio, @ half-time their reporter reckoned that they, Chesterfield, had had 67% possession & contradicted himself by saying that Coventry kept possession well, Mr Eakin shines compared to that lot

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

yeah, i listened to Peak radio, @ half-time their reporter reckoned that they, Chesterfield, had had 67% possession & contradicted himself by saying that Coventry kept possession well, Mr Eakin shines compared to that lot

Cwr said the same regards to
Possession but we're sure it was wrong.

Adge

You don't win anything in January. If we are still up and around it in March/April time (which I expect we will be) as Mogga has stated from the start of the season then it will be job done.

Warwickhunt

They only started to outplay us after they crippled Maddison and Willis with some dubious tackles

Gint11

Said to my friend I thought we were decent yesterday overall. Dominated all game, it was like the Alamo first 15 of the second half. The downside first half was we had plenty of the ball but doing nothing in the box, all the pretty passing and moving around the pitch but nothing on the goalie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kilclines curly mullet

from what I have seen this season, only Walsall and Peterborough (first half) have outplayed us. the general opinion of opposition managers and supporters is that we will get promoted.
We are currently having our bad spell...a spell that includes one defeat since September.

Specs WT-R75

from what I have seen this season, only Walsall and Peterborough (first half) have outplayed us. the general opinion of opposition managers and supporters is that we will get promoted.
We are currently having our bad spell...a spell that includes one defeat since September.

Agree with this. We do need to turn that bad spell around before the Walsall and Burton games otherwise we might find ourselves well adrift of the automatic places which would be a bit of a scandal given our season thus far.

Users who are viewing this thread