Chelsea defender on trial (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

It was inevitable that we wouldn't get John Terry but we have Alex Davey on trial.

Astute

What is he said to have done wrong?

fatso

Can play centre half or right back, and is 6'3"
I gues it's a battle between him and James Pearson as to who gets Turnbull's
Place in the squad.

covcity4life

we need stokes to sor thios injuries out or we are in trouble at left back

spent money on renewing haynes now aswel so probably not worth buying a new 1

Pete in Portugal

Both these triallists are predominently RIGHT sided. Both the players they are potentially replacing, Harries and Turnbull, are predominently LEFT sided. Presumably one of them will be signed as cover for Willis and, if necessary, at right back.

Although he is 2 years younger than Pearson, Davey is a more experienced and he is also a couple of inches taller at 6' 3". It'll be interesting to see which of them MR chooses. I imagine fitness will be a significant factor.

Esoterica

Will play in the behind closed doors game at Southampton today so I guess we won't find out much from that.

Astute

Both these triallists are predominently RIGHT sided. Both the players they are potentially replacing, Harries and Turnbull, are predominently LEFT sided. Presumably one of them will be signed as cover for Willis and, if necessary, at right back.

Although he is 2 years younger than Pearson, Davey is a more experienced and he is also a couple of inches taller at 6' 3". It'll be interesting to see which of them MR chooses. I imagine fitness will be a significant factor.
The main word is "potentially'

All we can do is guess. I'm not ready to have a moan unless we play a right footed player on the left.

mark82

Could there be an argument to sign both at the right price?

NortonSkyBlue

Despite all the excitement of a month ago all of a sudden the squad is starting to look very thin in certain areas.
I was thinking that!
it is strange how a couple of training friendly defeats can turn optimism into doubts.
As with any season you want to be ready for the first game and results shouldn't matter.
When you think we haven't lost anyone so far who is critical to the first eleven then you do wonder why we place so much importance on the results of friendlies?
Still time to bring in players.........

Terry Gibson's perm

I can't see why you would sign anybody to play in the under 23's they could win every game this season and we won't get one league point for it

Not saying this chap is just a general comment

Astute

I can't see why you would sign anybody to play in the under 23's they could win every game this season and we won't get one league point for it

Not saying this chap is just a general comment
Replace young players we have sold. Bring them on. Sell them. A lot quicker than doing it with young lads.

Astute

All concentration should be on promotion for the first team.
Younger players doing well make it into the 1st team. Not every player brought in is going to be a 1st choice. We can't afford the wages to have 2 x every position where they all are good enough to think they are good enough to be 1st on the team list.

Bringing in promising young players gives cover for injuries/suspensions and the chance to become 1st choice.

Terry Gibson's perm

Younger players doing well make it into the 1st team. Not every player brought in is going to be a 1st choice. We can't afford the wages to have 2 x every position where they all are good enough to think they are good enough to be 1st on the team list.

Bringing in promising young players gives cover for injuries/suspensions and the chance to become 1st choice.

Might be able to make a start but getting rid of two keepers then as we have four and as Burge seems to be the best the rest must be hopeless. I would rather have a smaller squad of better players than filling out with players you will never use.

Astute

Might be able to make a start but getting rid of two keepers then as we have four and as Burge seems to be the best the rest must be hopeless. I would rather have a smaller squad of better players than filling out with players you will never use.
And what happens when injuries and suspensions kick in?

Terry Gibson's perm

And what happens when injuries and suspensions kick in?

A squad on 18 plus the young lads he signed from the youth would manage, but that would allow for four left backs and currently two right backs but trying more.

I was really positive about the squad building at the start but less so now

Astute

A squad on 18 plus the young lads he signed from the youth would manage, but that would allow for four left backs and currently two right backs but trying more.

I was really positive about the squad building at the start but less so now
So 7 spare players. 5 on the bench. 2 spare. 1 injury then you are already looking at youth players.
1 spare GK
1 spare LB
1 spare CB
1 spare RB
1 spare LM
1 spare CM
1 spare RM
0 spare striker

Users who are viewing this thread