Checkatrade Draw Thread (1 Viewer)

trevelfarandwide

Can safely say, I'll be attending the game. It's a pretty straight drive for me, about an hour or so, and I'm taking my Swansea fan mate too. If they beat us, he can jump in his Jack-talking brethren's 10 berth caravan by Parc Tawe for the night, because I sure as fuck aren't driving him home. :)

(Disclaimer: it's not actually discrimination to call a Swansea fan a 'traveller', it's a Cardiff City taunt more than anything, and Jacks take it well...PC brigade, take note, put your sirens away. :) )

wingy

Can safely say, I'll be attending the game. It's a pretty straight drive for me, about an hour or so, and I'm taking my Swansea fan mate too. If they beat us, he can jump in his Jack-talking brethren's 10 berth caravan by Parc Tawe for the night, because I sure as fuck aren't driving him home. :)

(Disclaimer: it's not actually discrimination to call a Swansea fan a 'traveller', it's a Cardiff City taunt more than anything, and Jacks take it well...PC brigade, take note, put your sirens away. :) )
Have heard them called "Jacks '', before.
Why is that?

robbiethemole

A noted pub in Swansea is named Swansea Jack, in honour of the dog. A popular nickname for natives of Swansea is "Swansea Jack", and many people believe that this name also stems from the famous dog. Others claim that the derivation is from the nickname given to Swansea's sailors, who had a reputation as skilled and dependable mariners. Another theory is that the coal miners of nearby coalfields called the miners from Swansea "Jacks" because their lunch-boxes were uniquely made of Swansea tin and called Jacks.

lifted from another source, the dog rescued several people form drowning in the dock area

trevelfarandwide

Have heard them called "Jacks '', before.
Why is that?

Just texted my mate, he said ''how the fuckin ell I suppose to know tha shag?!?!''...yeah, they call each other 'shag' as opposed to 'mate' as well.

Since he was no help, I Googled it, it's to do with the reputation of the Swansea seamen in the 19th century, who were called ''Jack Tars''. Still makes no sense.

Sbarcher

Swansea Jacks - check out days of Swans skinheads.

trevelfarandwide

Just a word of warning, to any fellow City fans travelling to the Liberty Stadium, don't start any shit with Swansea fans, please. They'll bury you, seriously.

Nice guys though, and you'll find they love a banter, just take it all in good humour, enjoy the night. :)

Mcbean

On their site its either U18s or under 23s - i do hope they will field an ineligible player -

Otis

Just a word of warning, to any fellow City fans travelling to the Liberty Stadium, don't start any shit with Swansea fans, please. They'll bury you, seriously.

Nice guys though, and you'll find they love a banter, just take it all in good humour, enjoy the night. :)
I know they are known as the Jacks.

Hopefully on Tuesday it will be Jacks shit.

Otis

Swansea beating Liverpool today has to be good for our Checkatrade hopes hasn't it.

Less likely to risk players in a lesser game after the first team putting in good performance and less likelihood of a U23 player having the chance of forcing his way into the first team after a good effort from their first team players.

I know a few fans of theirs have been calling for some of their youngsters to be given a chance.

wingy

Swansea beating Liverpool today has to be good for our Checkatrade hopes hasn't it.

Less likely to risk players in a lesser game after the first team putting in good performance and less likelihood of a U23 player having the chance of forcing his way into the first team after a good effort from their first team players.

I know a few fans of theirs have been calling for some of their youngsters to be given a chance.
Is that Carroll lad one of their youngsters.
Keep him away from Tuesday please! :p

Otis

If Beavon is injured and Tudgay is injured, what the hell is the team going to be on Tuesday?

Please don't tell me Rose and Jones up front. :(

What's the likely 11?

RCC

DKE Willis Turnbull Haynes (unless we risk Stokes again)

Reid Rose Stevenson Reilly

Jones

Thomas

?

Users who are viewing this thread