Checkatrade Draw Thread (1 Viewer)

Monners

What are the other ties?

This is winnable, and a home semi would give us a great chance.

NortonSkyBlue

It's humiliating to take a game against U23s seriously
I don't understand that sort of thinking at all. Win the game we are in to a semi final, increases interest and confidence in the team and club and gives the fans a much needed boost in these trying times.
Humiliation is losing to Sutton United, now that never leaves you!

tom88

What are the other ties?

This is winnable, and a home semi would give us a great chance.

Mansfield Town v Wycombe Wanderers
Swansea City U21 v Coventry City
Oxford United v Cheltenham Town or Bradford City
Luton Town v Yeovil Town

Bradford or Oxford or both could leave the competition

skybluejelly

we were 33-1 with stan james before kick off on Tuesday..now best priced 8-1 4th favourites..oxford are favourites at 4-1,then luton at 5-1,bradford 6-1

Happy_Martian

A win is always something in terms of confidence but I see no teams that Swansea have beaten that would be of a similar level to us. Norwich and Wolves fielded their U-21 sides as well so the only League teams they've faced were AFC Wimbledon, Newport County and Plymouth Argyle (lost to the Dons, won the other 2). We've got every chance of winning this unless it turns into that proverbial banana skin.

But I go along with all the comments about U-21 teams in the competition. Reading on the FL site, it only mentions 16/17 as the season undertaking this experiment. Did someone say that it has been extended to next season too ?

MatthewWallis

Bit baffled at people on Facebook/twitter saying we'll lose? We've easily beat both U21's we've played so far, best draw we could've hoped for other than it being at home

Wheelfass

My second ever away game in 1975, disastrous 2-0 defeat. First away game Man U back in 1971.

This thread just shows what UNTAPPED interest there is for the Sky Blues. So many desperate for success but equally desperate for SISU to leave.
Yes, bit of a double bladed sword isn't it really. If we go all the way then there may well be a resurgence of interest the following season.

ccfcricoh

ideal team to draw, just unfortunate away but hey ho.

Its no coincidence all the other "development" teams are out, poor sides not at our level (which is saying something!) Confident of a win if we turn up!

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Is there a draw for the Semi's afterwards, or is it set that we play the winner of a different fixture if we were to get through?

If we get through and draw a team at home I can imagine a big crowd. This game a couple of seasons ago v Preston had a big turnout.

Interestingly, Beavon scored Preston's 2nd in that game. Attendance was just over 12k, and it was live on Sky.

better days

ideal team to draw, just unfortunate away but hey ho.

Its no coincidence all the other "development" teams are out, poor sides not at our level (which is saying something!) Confident of a win if we turn up!
Most people inside the game thought that the U21 sides would be brushed aside by most League 1 & all but the weakest League 2 sides
The physical difference is often underestimated

skybluejelly

thinking about it ..it may just work in our favour being away.. we would have been expected to win easily if we had drawn them at home..hopefully being away we wont take it as a given and raise our game accordingly..i am just hoping its on the 24th as just found out that's my half day

Otis

thinking about it ..it may just work in our favour being away.. we would have been expected to win easily if we had drawn them at home..hopefully being away we wont take it as a given and raise our game accordingly..i am just hoping its on the 24th as just found out that's my half day
w/c 23rd Jan, so you may well be lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread