Charity match tickets update (1 Viewer)

deanocity3

you can now pay on the gate,main stand(dug out side) nearly all gone. that being blocks 1,34,35,36,37.
rest of the ground to be opened up in blocks when required.looking like several thousand sold already

SlowerThanPlatt

We have received queries about paying on the gate on the day. Fans will understand the organisers (CCFPA, Sky Blue Trust and Coventry City Diamond Club) have only limited resources compared to normal matchday arrangements. Therefore we urge all supporters to buy their tickets BEFORE the game (from www.theticketfactory.com until the end of tomorrow (Wednesday 7th August) and thereafter from the Ricoh Arena ticket office in the main atrium of the stadium on Thursday 2-7pm, Friday 1-7pm, Saturday 9am-6pm, and on the day of the game 10-12.30am). At this stage it’s uncertain but, at best, we can only hope to have very limited opportunities to pay at a cash turnstile from 12.30pm to kick off at 2pm. If there is the expected big crowd you would be in danger of missing the start of the game if you rely on this option and turn up late. Besides, you will miss a lot of the fun we plan to offer (and we are sure the fans will generate) before the game! So please come early!!
One final plea when buying tickets – we will have NO facility to accept payment by card or cheques on the day. It will be CASH only please. Remember it is £5 per adult and £3 for children and concessions so please have the exact money ready to pay to smooth things along. Thanks in advance for your co-operation.
We are still firming up the ‘names’ both on and off the pitch. Though some of the players have already revealed themselves publicly we are still hoping for a few surprises! There are even, we hear, still a small number of places available to give the competing teams plenty of subs to support them; so, if you are a former Sky Blue who wants to pull on your boots even for only 5 or 10 minutes and appear on the Ricoh’s wonderful pitch please contact us urgently (Bob Eales – 07538154239)

chiefdave

great news! ordered tickets for my Dad and myself for it. Quite excited actually, will be good to see the likes of Hucks.

how about getting all the players and celebs involved to sign the shirts after the game and auction them off for the charities?

Tobias Fünke

I would happily buy a couple of tickets out of principle, but I can't get to the match (and it's not cause I'll bein Northampton, up North yes, Northampton no).

Is there a way I can buy tickets and then allocate them to someone on this forum who might be totally skint but would want to go to the game and be able to pick up the tickets on the day?

bigfatronssba

I think the walk up will be massive. Everyone city fan I know have said they want to go, even those with just a passing interest.

I know its not intended to be, but it could turn into the most effective protest yet.

Steve B17

There is only a few days to help build more awareness of this and reach out to the wider Coventry & surrounding area population to ensure a massive turnout on Sunday.

All of us can do something to publicise this event, there are 700 people viewing this site tonight, we could make a big difference, some ways to raise the profile include:
-Post the flyer on their workplace staff rooms & messages boards (actual & virtual),
-Print a copy of the flyer off and ask the local pub / shop / sports centre / library / church / mosque / play group etc. if they will display this for a few days.
-Speak to friends / family / work colleagues about the match, there must be lots of families looking for cheap, fun things to do over the Summer holiday.
-Print 10-20-50 copies of the match flyer off and put them through the doors on your street.
-Get back in touch with all those who used to go to the City but may not bother anymore.
- Promote this event on every Facebook / Twitter and other social media outlet which we can access.
- Take some flyers to the pubs in Coventry & surrounding areas on Thursday / Friday / Saturday night / Saturday lunch time.
- Get on the message boards of the other midlands teams, explain a little about the event and ask for support.

If you can afford it, buy a few extra tickets when you order yours and take friends / kids / family along.
Each of us should be able to do some of the above, this should help create a buzz like the Crewe game last year. Play Up CCFC Legends.

Last edited:

Bagsy

Probably get my tickets tomorrow. Got a couple of Wolves fans to come along as well and support the cause :)

Users who are viewing this thread