Cars Thread! (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I saw a zonda the other day, 2 Chinese fellas. They are lucky there was traffic else I'd have shown them up from the lights.

dancers lance

Aston-Martin-Vulcan-5.jpg

Aston Martin Vulcan........now, my good lady works for Mclaren and they make some amazing cars ( I love the P1 ) but would you look at this!!!

Gazolba

Aston Martin Vulcan........now, my good lady works for Mclaren and they make some amazing cars ( I love the P1 ) but would you look at this!!!
I hate black wheels. I cannot understand why anyone finds them attractive. Give me silver or chrome any day. And those big tires .. ugly.

Terry Gibson's perm

Just ordered a Hyundai Tucson on the motobility scheme had the premium one in area blue the nearest they have to sky blue

Bumberclart

Just bought my first automatic, a Mercedes C220 Sport, and I can honestly say I never want to change gear again.

shmmeee

That's pretty.

My mate's wife works at Aston Martin and gets to borrow the cars sometimes. I'll tell her to put it on the list.

Nick

Administrator
I remember the first automatic I drove, it was a brand new range rover. I nearly blew it up trying to get used to it without about 50 people watching, crumbled under the pressure.

giphy.gif

Ranjit Bhurpa

I was such a manual snob until I went automatic, now I'll never look back.
Depends what motor it is I suppose. Fine in a big engined barge but not so clever in a small car that's revving it's balls off at 35mph waiting for the auto change.

Gazolba

Any one know what this car is? It was in a 1954 film. It's right-hand drive with British plates. My first thought was an Alvis or an Italian bodied Austin Princess. But I just don't know. It certainly is a beauty.
strange-car-2.jpg strange-car-3.jpg strange-car-4.jpg strange-car-5.jpg strange-car-7.jpg

Last edited:

Marty

It's a Bentley.

Just looked on Google and it looks similar to other Bentley's from that era but can't find an exact match.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Gazolba

It's a 60's Bentley Continental DHC. Does look like an Alvis from the front though. Maybe the same design house.
The film was made in 1954 as I previously said, so how could it be a 60's car?
The two-piece front windscreen is also definitely from an earlier era.
You are right though, it is a Bentley. Maybe with an Italian body.
I found this old forum thread about the car:
Bentley Mk.VI Drop Head Coupé in "Viaggio in Italia"

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Depends what type of auto too. I had an electronic auto, and it was dogshit. Whenever my car goes in for servicing I get an auto however, and that's rather pleasant.

For drivability you can't beat an old fashion slush auto with the only compromise being economy. The modern triptronics are horrible. Renault being the worse I've experienced. Have a habit of trying to kill you at junctions. You'll pull up to a junction or roundabout and before you come to a complete stop if you notice that the way is clear and take your foot of the brake and press the accelerator there's sometimes a delay in the computer and it can't keep up with you so doesn't accelerate, by which time the way isn't clear but the computer has now caught up and despite having you're foot on the brake it's trying to accelerate so you have to stamp hard on the brake to stop it jumping out in front of traffic. Driven a few Renault models now with triptronic boxes over the years and found them all to have the same glitch.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'm placing an order next month for a new Suzuki Vitara Boosterjet SZ-T Allgrip 4WD. Not sure what colour I want yet though. Saw a nice blue one the other day. Might go for that.
5OD-4_225.jpg e_10464.jpg md_ac83e6448ea7eae9bb42d9c1f707c12ca.jpg

Gazolba

They sell a car here called the Mitsubishi Mirage. One of the colours available is 'plasma purple'. It's very striking and looks more pink than purple.
These cars have a 3 cylinder engine. The pink ones are pretty rare, I've only ever seen a couple of them.
Mitsubishi-Mirage-Passion-Purple-1.jpg Mitsubishi-Mirage-Passion-Purple-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread