Can We Stay Up? (1 Viewer)

BackRoomRummermill

I am saying yes, because we have discovered how to win again,

It all hinges on the next couple of games , I believe if we win them both then we will carry on and the others like the mighty Shrewsbury town etc will fold up

I believe now after back to back wins the great escape is back on !

Skybluefaz

giphy.gif

Paul Anthony

Sadly I think not. We're just too far behind. But the least we can do is go down kicking and screaming. Fighting for every point along the way.

Skybluefaz

18 points to play for, a respectable finish is all we can I hope for. Picking up another 12 points would be a decent effort and take some momentum into next season

CovisGod

Even if we put ourselves in a position that it hinged on the very last game (which we won't anyway)

But we would lose that game, 100%, only reason we're playing alright now is because the pressures off, bring that pressure back x1000 and they'd shit themselves and cock it up.

Kingokings204

No chance. It's all too little too late sadly but be nice to win a few games and go down with a bit of a fight.

ccfc92

If I'm reading the right table, 11 points adrift, with 18 to play for.

Plus P Vale and Shrews have games in hand.

KG7

It all hinges on the next couple of games , I believe if we win them both then we will carry on and the others like the mighty Shrewsbury town etc will fold up

Let's not get carried away now! What I will say is how great does it feel to hear someone have a bit of belief

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

It's been a while since I looked back over previous seasons final tables but IIRC 50 points is usually what 5th bottom finish on, there's been the odd occasion when 47/48 would have been enough and I think at least once in fairly recent history 45 would have theoretically been enough to keep you up but 5th bottom still finished on 50 points.

If we win all our remaining games I'd be surprised if we went down but I'd be even more surprised if we won all our remaining games. In theory we could drop 2 maybe three points but we'd need a massive amount of luck with other results going our way. I just can't see it. Win the next two or three league games and maybe I'll start thinking differently about it. But then again maybe I won't.

Warwickhunt

It would be nice to win them all but sadly it's too late however we can make the teams above us ring pieces tweak for a few weeks

scottccfc

Today's win has pushed me to by Sheffield united tickets...I have space for 3 more if any of you fancy it

shmmeee

Honestly I'd be happy if we didn't finish bottom. We aren't going to stay up, with games in hand and goal difference it's more like 14/15 points away. Second or third from bottom is a fair place to aim at and claw back of a bit of honour.

Otis

No, no and thrice no!

Even if we won every single game 50 might still not be enough.

Just enjoy the winning run and worry yourself not.

Jimmy Hill's Chin

Sadly no chance, if we hadn't dropped all those injury time points under Slade then we would definitely still have a chance. If Robins had come instead of Slade I think we'd have been ok. Now, I'd settle for not coming in the bottom two. I think we have a decent chance of avoiding bottom place now at least.

mds

Sadly no chance, if we hadn't dropped all those injury time points under Slade then we would definitely still have a chance.
If we hadnt dropped them points we would still have Slade here and still go down im sure.
Dropped points and have Robins or Slade and a few more points?
Robins all day every day thanks.

trevelfarandwide

If Joy and Timmy had any foresight, they'd have got Robins in January. They didn't, and that's that.

All I'm hoping for now, is a run of pride restoring results and a Wembley victory, to soothe our broken fans and go down to L2 fighting.

mrtrench

It would be interesting if we did keep on winning though. It might go down to the last couple of games at a push.

Otis

Sadly no chance, if we hadn't dropped all those injury time points under Slade then we would definitely still have a chance. If Robins had come instead of Slade I think we'd have been ok. Now, I'd settle for not coming in the bottom two. I think we have a decent chance of avoiding bottom place now at least.
Very fine line, as Eakin said in the commentary today. Could so easily conceded an injury time goal today too.

Users who are viewing this thread