Match Thread Cambridge United - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 16th Sep (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

doyle fouls someone then squares up to them as the victim, the refs think of it must be 5050 and just give no cards lol

better days

I hope Doyle winds Dedham right up. Deegan is just a thug that can't keep his head and Doyle is more subtle at what he does. Would definitely stand a good chance of a win if we can get them down to 10 men.

Deegan usually crunches Jones early on to try to knock him out of the game. I suspect Doyler will be straight in tomorrow if it happens again which is just what ball players need from their team mates

smileycov

Facebook User
I think, there will be 1-2 red cards, loads of booking's, so a niggly start stop game. We will win by the odd goal.

covcity4life

oh ok, i am a proper fan though!

giphy.gif

lifeskyblue

Need to confine last year's dreadful game to history. I'm hoping for a victory but I think this one will be a draw...1-1. Both teams reduced to 10men and a real niggely game. At the end of the day Robbins will be happy with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clint van damme

Need to confine last year's dreadful game to history. I'm hoping for a victory but I think this one will be a draw...1-1. Both teams reduced to 10men and a real niggely game. At the end of the day Robbins will be happy with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greedy for a win, but agree, draw would be a decent result.

Gibbo

Has 0-0 written all over it. as we rarely get points from three in a row, that would be ok. Bring on the clean sheets

David O'Day

That's where I think he is clever - he seems to be a master of the dark arts - without actually being wound up himself (unlike some of his opponents). He will pick up a few yellows - and maybe the odd red if he gets 'caught' by an official, but he doesn't seem to suffer the red mist moments that he causes in a few of his opponents. I shouldn't like this, but as one of ours, more than happy!
Was it Doyler who got Sheringham to elbow him in the face vs. Colchester?

harvey098

Lost track of injuries / suspensions... anyone give me a list of who's out and then your preffered team for later

Nick

Administrator
Peter Jones could be that big striker.

Woken up feeling confident, 1-0 us I think and a bit of a scrappy game.

Great_Expectations

First away game of the season and I'm looking forward to it. Extra incentive to win today as I work with a few Cambridge fans.

I'll go 2-0, Jones and Grimmer.

skybluegod

I hope youre right. Bloody depressing that cup game was, made worse by the 45+ minutes it took getting away from the ground at the end!

If Nazon isn't fit I hope Ponticelli gets a run out. Whilst I want to see more of Biamou I'm not sure he's ready to start (or how effective him + Beavon would be)

If Biamou isn't ready to start then why would Ponticelli be?

skybluegod

Ponticelli Atleast has form from U23's behind him and will likely be up for proving a point.

Biamou has just stepped up from non-league so surely he has a point to prove?
And also has more experience playing men's football?
I'm not saying that I wouldn't pick Ponti shouldn't be picked.
But I am saying how is it right saying that Biamou isn't ready when he has more experience than Ponticelli does?

bawtryneal

Anything that starts with Cambridge 0 will be good enough today
Missing the game as going to the St Ledger
Will be relying on SW88 today. Keep up the good work
PUSB

skybluegod

Think it might click a bit more today for some reason, if we can get one early think we might, win 3-1 or 3-0.
Kelly, stokes and beavon

Users who are viewing this thread