Callum O'Hare (12 Viewers)

skybluecam

West Ham have been impressed with O’Hare’s data and are in the running for the 25-year-old, who can play through the middle or on the left flank
Has he ever played out wide for us?

“Impressed with his data” one for the xg merchants 🤣

SJ80

Just can’t see him cutting it and I don’t why as I really rate him but just becomes Anonymous at times and think the prem will be a stretch too far for him ! Might prove me wrong , but having fans that adore you would help and I can’t see any fans being like us with him

robbiekeane

If you can’t save up for when your career ends on 20 grand a week you should change your financial advisor
You can safely withdraw 4% a year from a nest egg to retire.

20k a week is probably 550k a year take home after tax. If he saved every single penny over a three year deal, he would have a whopping 1.6 million in the bank which at 4% gives him 65k a year.

If he saved half of it instead which is likely more realistic because he’s a footballer hanging around with other footballers, he’d have secured the salary of an experienced postman.

Of course the logical thing to do is maximise his salary, any other talk is nonsense and jealousy

Hobo

Could see him fitting in well at West Ham. They'd love him there

Their midfield is shit defensively.

Attacking wise he is no Gerrard Bowen, Mark Noble or Declan Rice?

He isn't at the level of West Ham.

torchomatic

Could see him fitting in well at West Ham. They'd love him there
I'd be staggered if he goes to a team like West Ham.

pusbccfc

I'd be staggered if he goes to a team like West Ham.

He'd love the London lifestyle. Could see him going there.

Cheap gamble from their perspective.

nunchuckas

You can safely withdraw 4% a year from a nest egg to retire.

20k a week is probably 550k a year take home after tax. If he saved every single penny over a three year deal, he would have a whopping 1.6 million in the bank which at 4% gives him 65k a year.

If he saved half of it instead which is likely more realistic because he’s a footballer hanging around with other footballers, he’d have secured the salary of an experienced postman.

Of course the logical thing to do is maximise his salary, any other talk is nonsense and jealousy
You're assuming he's leaving that money stagnant for the duration of his career. If he invests it wisely in the stock market (his financial advisor will tell him what to do), then he would comfortably get 7% cumulative annual growth over a 10 year period in low risk investments, which would double his nest egg over this timeframe. You can also assume he would be maximising his ISA allowance each year, so a nice proportion of his retirement income would be tax free. Could easily bag a 40k per year post tax income when he retires just by investing one full year's salary post tax on 20k per week (realistically would be done over the the length of his contract)

torchomatic

He'd love the London lifestyle. Could see him going there.

Cheap gamble from their perspective.
As I said I would be staggered if he went to a club like West Ham. He's not consistent enough for the PL.

Just my opinion and I'll probably be totally wrong. Hope I am, he deserves a shot at the highest level.

Jamesimus

Their midfield is shit defensively.

Attacking wise he is no Gerrard Bowen, Mark Noble or Declan Rice?

He isn't at the level of West Ham.

Two of those players don’t play for them anymore and the others name you have got wrong!

But the sentiment I agree with, he’s not as good as Kudus, Bowen or Paqueta. I think he’d be better off going somewhere he gets to play regularly straight away, he seems like the kind of guy who gets frustrated not playing.

pusbccfc

As I said I would be staggered if he went to a club like West Ham. He's not consistent enough for the PL.

Just my opinion and I'll probably be totally wrong. Hope I am, he deserves a shot at the highest level.

If he was costing £10m absolutely but he'll be free besides his wages. £20,000 a week won't concern West Ham.

torchomatic

If he was costing £10m absolutely but he'll be free besides his wages. £20,000 a week won't concern West Ham.
Is this the rumour or have WH just been plucked out of the air?

torchomatic

Think lower prem at best.

Still could see him at a mid table la liga team or sumthing perhaps.

Once again hope it happens quickly either way and we focus on replacment
That's what I was thinking. A newly promoted team like Leicester or Southampton (whether promoted or not), but West Ham? Mmmm.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Hobo

Two of those players don’t play for them anymore and the others name you have got wrong!

But the sentiment I agree with, he’s not as good as Kudus, Bowen or Paqueta. I think he’d be better off going somewhere he gets to play regularly straight away, he seems like the kind of guy who gets frustrated not playing.

I know they don't play for them anymore, just the level they are used to.

Users who are viewing this thread