Bye bye Saturday (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

No football clubs have to have primacy over fixtures - you can't compare us at Northampton as in that instance obviously the club was there by an agreed arrangement.

As things currently stand we have to take precedence over fixtures and it's always been accepted. Yesterday though Mr Eastwood was bragging that they are changing that for next season to suit them not us.
You have to question what the motive is as TV means they play a lot of non Saturday games.
Desperate promotional idea hopefully

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

I thought I'd look at how it panned out this season, 14 home fixtures on Sat in a period of 38 weeks.
During this time Wasps had 19 home games including friendlies & 7's tourney.

SAT 6Aug 2016 Swindon Sky Bet League One A
TUE 9Aug 2016 Portsmouth EFL Cup H 3-2 W
SAT 13Aug 2016 Shrewsbury Sky Bet League One H *
TUE 16Aug 2016 Bury Sky Bet League One H
SAT 20Aug 2016 Bradford Sky Bet League One A
TUE 23Aug 2016 Norwich City EFL Cup A
SAT 27Aug 2016 Northampton Sky Bet League One H *
TUE 30Aug 2016 West Ham Checkatrade Trophy H
SAT 3Sep 2016 Fleetwood Town Sky Bet League One A
SAT 10Sep 2016 Millwall Sky Bet League One A
SAT 17Sep 2016 Oldham Sky Bet League One H *
SAT 24Sep 2016 Gillingham Sky Bet League One A
WED 28Sep 2016 AFC Wimbledon Sky Bet League One H
SAT 1Oct 2016 Port Vale Sky Bet League One A
TUE 4Oct 2016 Northampton Checkatrade Trophy H
SAT 15Oct 2016 Charlton Sky Bet League One A
TUE 18Oct 2016 Oxford Utd Sky Bet League One H
SAT 22Oct 2016 Rochdale Sky Bet League One H *
SAT 29Oct 2016 Walsall Sky Bet League One A
TUE 1Nov 2016 Chesterfield FC Sky Bet League One H
SUN 6Nov 2016 Morecambe The Emirates FA Cup A
WED 9Nov 2016 Wycombe Checkatrade Trophy A
SAT 12Nov 2016 Scunthorpe Sky Bet League One H
TUE 15Nov 2016 Morecambe The Emirates FA Cup H
SAT 19Nov 2016 Oxford Utd Sky Bet League One A
TUE 22Nov 2016 Bolton Sky Bet League One A
SAT 26Nov 2016 Milton Keynes Dons Sky Bet League One H
SUN 4Dec 2016 Cambridge Utd The Emirates FA Cup A
WED 7Dec 2016 Crawley Town Checkatrade Trophy H
SAT 10Dec 2016 Southend United Sky Bet League One A
THU 15Dec 2016 Sheff Utd Sky Bet League One H
MON 26Dec 2016 Bristol Rovers Sky Bet League One A
SAT 31Dec 2016 Peterborough Sky Bet League One A
MON 2Jan 2017 Bolton Sky Bet League One H
TUE 10Jan 2017 Brighton Checkatrade Trophy H
SAT 14Jan 2017 Chesterfield FC Sky Bet League One A
SAT 21Jan 2017 Fleetwood Town Sky Bet League One H
TUE 24Jan 2017 Swansea Checkatrade Trophy A
SAT 28Jan 2017 Northampton Sky Bet League One A
SAT 4Feb 2017 Millwall Sky Bet League One H
TUE 7Feb 2017 Wycombe Checkatrade Trophy H
SAT 11Feb 2017 Oldham Sky Bet League One A
TUE 14Feb 2017 AFC Wimbledon Sky Bet League One A
SAT 18Feb 2017 Gillingham Sky Bet League One H
SAT 25Feb 2017 Swindon Swindon Sky Bet League One H

TUE 28Feb 2017 Bury Sky Bet League One A
SAT 4Mar 2017 Shrewsbury Sky Bet League One A
SAT 11Mar 2017 Bradford Sky Bet League One H
TUE 14Mar 2017 Southend United Sky Bet League One H
SAT 18Mar 2017 Milton Keynes Dons Sky Bet League One A
TUE 21Mar 2017 Port Vale Sky Bet League One H
SAT 25Mar 2017 Bristol Rovers Sky Bet League One H
SUN 2Apr 2017 Oxford Utd Checkatrade Trophy A
WED 5Apr 2017 Sheff Utd Sky Bet League One A
SAT 8Apr 2017 Peterborough Sky Bet League One H
FRI 14Apr 2017 Charlton Sky Bet League One H
MON 17Apr 2017 Rochdale Sky Bet League One A
SAT 22Apr 2017 Walsall Sky Bet League One H
SUN 30Apr 2017 Scunthorpe Sky Bet League One A

OK, I found a source for Wasps day/dates
Sunday 4 Exeter Chiefs 3.00pm, Ricoh Arena - BT SPORT
Saturday 10 Leicester Tigers 3.00pm, Welford Road - BT SPORT
Sunday 18 Bristol Rugby 2.30pm, Ricoh Arena
Saturday 24 Northampton Saints 3.00pm, Franklin's Gardens - BT SPORT
Sunday 2 Harlequins 2.30pm, Ricoh Arena
Sunday 9 Saracens 3.00pm, Allianz Arena - BT SPORT
Sunday 30 Newcastle Falcons 2.30pm, Ricoh Arena
Saturday 19 Gloucester Rugby 3.00pm, Kingsholm
Sunday 27 Sale Sharks 2.30pm, Ricoh Arena
Saturday 3 Worcester Warriors 3.00pm, Sixways
23/24/26 Bath Rugby TBC, Ricoh Arena,
30/31/01 Newcastle Falcons, TBC, Kingston Park
Sunday 8 Leicester Tigers 2.30pm, Ricoh Arena
Saturday 11 Exeter Chiefs 3.00pm, Sandy Park
Friday 17 Sale Sharks 8.15pm, AJ Bell Stadium
Sunday 26 Gloucester Rugby 2.30pm, Ricoh Arena
Saturday 4 Bath Rugby 3.00pm, The Rec
Sunday 26 Worcester Warriors 2.30, Ricoh Arena
Sunday 9 Northampton Saints 2.30pm, Ricoh Arena

Sunday 16 Bristol Rugby 3.00pm, Aston Gate
Saturday 29 Harlequins 3.00pm, Twickenham Stoop
Saturday 6 Saracens TBC, Ricoh Arena
Saturday 20 Play-off semi-final Leicester
Did you know about any of those games before today?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

ccfcway

Fuck off wasps!! Watch the Wasps apologists come out in force

like Sw88 who goes to every ccfc game ?

Awful that a sports team want preference over the day of which they play their home games over their 'tenants'.

Unfortunately we are going to come across things like this whilst we are renting.

Would there be the same uproar if we played BPA and Cov RFC wanted priority for the Saturday afternoon fixture?

we rent a place and are looking to find a place to call our own. Until that happens, we will be dictated to by our landlords, whoever they maybe

dongonzalos

Its their ground, if they say they aren't letting us play on Saturdays then contract or not we won't be playing Saturdays.

Breaking the contract then

IAnd of course after next season it will be a new contract, unless we move away, and nobody knows what the terms of that one will be.

Yes if they want us gone, or if they still want us there they will negotiate alternative Saturdays.

IDoes raise the question that if we have primacy why have we had games moved in the past to allow for other Ricoh events?

Not sure, is the primacy just over other sports teams in the ground share?

Brylowes

I tell you what, I'd rather play Sunday's in Coventry than Sunday's in Northampton, which we did
For a whole year while our illustrious owners stood by and watched the team that now call our shots
Stroll in and take our ground, not just that but we softened the passage for them.
At the end of the day, it's theirs' you can blame who you like for that 'it's up to you, but I for one wish
Our owners had taken the risk wasps did , and we were now 'in financial dire straits like they are.

Last edited:

clint van damme

TF “Jon Sharp has made a statement over the last day or so which shows his commitment, as long as we have some form of mediation, because Jon believes it is right and appropriate because peace and reconciliation in this city.“

any link to the statement rather than taking fisher at his word?

ccfcway

It's a straightforward no nonsense statement that clarifies exactly the position we would
Hold at the Butts, were we ever to move there.
For some reason a lot of people on here choose to ignore it, or at least significant parts
Of it.

exactly. CCFC heading into this with its eyes open and still want to do a deal.

Brylowes

exactly. CCFC heading into this with its eyes open and still want to do a deal.
A lot of people on here constantly accuse me and others of being blinded to certain
Aspects of our situation by our hatred of all things SISU.
IMO the people who champion, and clamour for a move to the Butts choose to ignore
The realitys of what a move there would actually mean, because of their blind hatred
For Wasps and the Ricoh Arena.

Last edited:

Captain Dart

It's a straightforward no nonsense statement that clarifies exactly the position we would
Hold at the Butts, were we ever to move there.
For some reason a lot of people on here choose to ignore it, or at least significant parts
Of it.
Like this bit "Also, as I have already stated elsewhere, we will not deal with SISU."
and this bit "The realisation of such a solution would require the full support of the City Council and all other stakeholders and an end to the current disputes involving the owners of CCFC and the City Council and other parties."

skybluetony176

According this part of the statement surely this makes the BPA as workable as people want to make out that the Ricoh will be if "Nicky" gets his way?

"the issue of primacy of tenancy would have to be resolved to our satisfaction"

Seems JS and NE are on the same page there.

Ccfcsj

I don't know why everybody is worried about this. SISU's lawyers have probably already filed for a court order against this. It gives them another avenue for Legal actions :banghead:

Houdi

I'm not sure this is a big issue that some people are making. When our fixtures are out next month, almost certainly we will have 2 Saturday home games a month,and 2 Saturday away games each month, certainly in 4 Saturday months. Surely it can't be that difficult for the RFU to schedule Wasps home games in the weeks we are away. I mean the football authorities have always managed to keep say Liverpool and Everton home fixtures apart.
Plus as people have stated, if you are to believe the 'move to the Butts fantasy', we would face the same 'problem' with our new landlords Coventry Rugby.
Whilst most fans hate the fact for obvious reasons that Wasps now own what should have been our stadium, the Butts should be about what is what is best for Coventry Rugby not us.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I'm not sure this is a big issue that some people are making. When our fixtures are out next month, almost certainly we will have 2 Saturday home games a month,and 2 Saturday away games each month, certainly in 4 Saturday months. Surely it can't be that difficult for the RFU to schedule Wasps home games in the weeks we are away. I mean the football authorities have always managed to keep say Liverpool and Everton home fixtures apart.
Plus as people have stated, if you are to believe the 'move to the Butts fantasy', we would face the same 'problem' with our new landlords Coventry Rugby.
Whilst most fans hate the fact for obvious reasons that Wasps now own what should have been our stadium, the Butts should be about what is what is best for Coventry Rugby not us.

And with that the Butts will have to 'potentially' accommodate up to four (or is it five) teams?

rexo87

From covs twitter replying to someone asking about eastwoods comments

Hi. #CCFC has primacy of use, so there is no change to us and existing arrangements if this were to happen #PUSB

SkyBlue79

Eastwood said that Cov will still have preference, as per the contract, hasn't he? Or have I missed something. I guess they just want to move the fixtures where there is no clash? I suppose if their fans are travelling quite a distance to games Sunday is a pain, as it was for us at Northampton.

I hope the comments about avoiding CRFC games (where TV doesn't dictate) is true. Although this could be more posturing over future contract extensions.

What this has made me consider is, if we move to the Butts, will we play our games on a Sunday? Playing back to back surely wouldn't be feasible. It is CRFCs ground so we couldn't expect them to play on Sundays. I'm not particularly worried as it is hardly a realistic prospect at the min.

shy_tall_knight

I tell you what, I'd rather play Sunday's in Coventry than Sunday's in Northampton, which we did
For a whole year while our illustrious owners stood by and watched the team that now call our shots
Stroll in and take our ground, not just that but we softened the passage for them.
At the end of the day, it's theirs' you can blame who you like for that 'it's up to you, but I for one wish
Our owners had taken the risk wasps did , and we were now 'in financial dire straits like they are.

Operation own goal a bigger disaster than the appointment of Bryan Richardson and the subsequent appointment of BigRon

Nick

Administrator
Interesting to see city fans saying how nice it is of wasps that they will let us play on saturdays....

Nick

Administrator
giphy.gif

dongonzalos

From covs twitter replying to someone asking about eastwoods comments

Hi. #CCFC has primacy of use, so there is no change to us and existing arrangements if this were to happen #PUSB

As usual pointless thread misinformed. Let's move on.
It was obvious saturdays would just be alternative if it happened

Users who are viewing this thread