But we dont have any other income....... (2 Viewers)

Captain Dart

not asking him to drill down the finances. It isn't a misquote of an off the cuff interview it is a prepared statement. It isn't short hand for anything

is this bit of his statement wrong or right?

"The club does not get either matchday non-ticketing revenues or non-matchday revenues".

That is clear and unequivocable isn't it .............. it is also incorrect and misleading

Isn't it a lie?

Brylowes

Personally I just assume its used as a shorthand. He doesn't explain everything in detail at the best of times so he's not going to drill down on the finances in a statement like the one he made yesterday. If you look at what he said:

then what is the better, more accurate, term for him to use? I think we all know what he's getting at, he's been banging on about it for long enough.

"There are None so blind as those who will not see"

Springs to mind.:emoji_eyeglasses:;)

rupert_bear

Lot of questions didn't get answered or were deflected or passed over largely because of the way a number people (quite understandably) wanted their say, rant or diatribe. It needed people to listen but in that format it was never going to happen
Agree 100% OSB in fact I will go further and am very suspicious of some of those present who seemed to constantly shout out once a question was put to Fisher constantly letting him off the hook, plants ?? Who knows.

dongonzalos

Nice thought but it's an incentive for the fans to buy a ticket and maybe only pay 100. For the club its a disastrous idea...gambling on your income? It's football and by nature however they invested is always a no guarantee of success.

No the debt isn't to be loaded onto the football club. My idea is a high risk investment opportunity. With a return after 10 months.
Based on the club getting promotion.
You invest and the club doesn't succeed you lose your money.
You succeed your profit is paid from winnings, players sales and the £50 extra season ticket holders pay.
10 people 50k each. Get a 75k return (25k profit)
So £500k onto our player budget.
£750k to be paid out on promotion.
A portion of the £500k to be held back to cover any £200's that are not forthcoming if we are 9 points off the play off come the halfway mark

Last edited:

Grendel

No the debt isn't to be loaded onto the football club. My idea is a high risk investment opportunity. With a return after 10 months.
Based on the club getting promotion.
You invest and the club doesn't succeed you lose your money.
You succeed your profit is paid from winnings, players sales and the £50 extra season ticket holders pay.
So £500k onto our player budget.
£750k to be paid out on promotion.

What a load of tosh.

Astute

I wouldn't be prepared to lose.....sorry invest even £50 in SISU getting it right at last. I would prefer to give it to charity. At least they deserve it.

Captain Dart

Team ..................Turnover..... Profit/(Loss)
Bristol Rovers ....£4,740,293 .....(£751,001)
AFC Wimbledon £4,135,042..... (£86,460)

2 teams well above us, with a smaller turnover. How come?

Grendel

Better recruitment and tactics.

Perhaps jack would like to go through the whole balance sheet of Bristol Rovers abs highlight a few other things.

skybluetony176

Team ..................Turnover..... Profit/(Loss)
Bristol Rovers ....£4,740,293 .....(£751,001)
AFC Wimbledon £4,135,042..... (£86,460)

2 teams well above us, with a smaller turnover. How come?

Fan ownership will never work. It's ruthless hedge fund ownership you need if you want to get anywhere. Oh wait.

Still. It's not like another fan owned club like Portsmouth for instance is looking very likely to pass us on their way up while we're on our way down. Oh wait.

What exactly do we need SISU for again? We're already funding the club. Oh wait, someone has to fund the mistakes.

skybluetony176

Why do people not question the Sisu logic ?
He says it and a few on here run with it.

It's simple. Show us the 2 scenarios rather than just say we need to own our own stadium, full stop.

Nothing stopping them doing that. At least not for stadium ownership or whatever the deal would be CRFC. I understand that you can't do a comparison against staying at the Ricoh at the moment but in what is it now? Five years? Since we first moved on they still can't sell present the maths to prove it's a good idea yet we're supposed to be excited at the prospect.

Grendel

I actually nearly added a line when finished to say aside from Grendel predictably just saying 'rubbish' people feel free to critique the concept

Well for a start transfer fees are not disclosed by both clubs so there is a beach of confidentiality issue.

Then there is the small issue season tickets for the vast majority haven't been gone up and for some have been reduced.

Then there's the small issue that I OSB and others have been saying that money with no direction or strategy is fools gold.

So yes utter tosh

Astute

I remember the £75k was 10% of the profit, the rest of the profit is shared between wasps and Compass
So you are saying that the profit for food and beverage is 750k at our games? That would mean that as the profit is a % of what is spent we all on average spend 50% of ticket cost on food each game.

dongonzalos

Well for a start transfer fees are not disclosed by both clubs so there is a beach of confidentiality issue.

Then there is the small issue season tickets for the vast majority haven't been gone up and for some have been reduced.

Then there's the small issue that I OSB and others have been saying that money with no direction or strategy is fools gold.

So yes utter tosh

Confidentiality of transfers irrelevant

Where did I say season tickets have gone up or down

I take it you don't believe Mark Robins would know how to spend his transfer budget.

Think you are better off sticking with the one liners.

Grendel

Confidentiality of transfers irrelevant

Where did I say season tickets have gone up or down

I take it you don't believe Mark Robins would know how to spend his transfer budget.

Think you are better off sticking with the one liners.

"The £50 extra season ticket holders pay"? What does they mean

What does that mean then?

Why is confidentiality irrelevant if part of an investment is based on transfers? Which transfers? How would you know who has been sold for what? Legally the club isn't obliged to reveal this and in confidential arrangements of undisclosed fees or won't be revealed.

We've already had two threads that illustrate expenditure isn't related to success if its miss spent. The track record of the club shows that - as does the abject failure of clubs like Orient. Who would take odds you suggest given our track record over 40 years?

What would you call this - The Deep Sea Bubble Mark 2?

dongonzalos

"The £50 extra season ticket holders pay"? What does they mean

What does that mean then?

Why is confidentiality irrelevant if part of an investment is based on transfers? Which transfers? How would you know who has been sold for what? Legally the club isn't obliged to reveal this and in confidential arrangements of undisclosed fees or won't be revealed.

We've already had two threads that illustrate expenditure isn't related to success if its miss spent. The track record of the club shows that - as does the abject failure of clubs like Orient. Who would take odds you suggest given our track record over 40 years?

What would you call this - The Deep Sea Bubble Mark 2?

The £50 you need to read the actual post which has the idea.

The investment is not based on transfers it is a high risk investment based on promotion.
So yes confidentiality irrelevant.

The club doesn't carry the risk the investors do. Hence the high returns.

As I say if you are not going to actually read the idea before saying.
Utter Tosh probably better you don't reply as your two explanations so far so you either haven't read or don't understand it. Wasting both our time.

mrtrench

Why would anyone risk £50k with a 2-1 on return for promotion when they could put it on at Ladbrokes for 10-1 ++?

Grendel

Why would anyone risk £50k with a 2-1 on return for promotion when they could put it on at Ladbrokes for 10-1 ++?

Lol. Another Dongonzalos cunning plan.

Captain Dart

"We are unlike most other football clubs, in that we do not benefit from non-ticketing revenue. The club does not get either matchday non-ticketing revenues or non-matchday revenues. "

So why are they advertising car parking? Is it as a simple kindness to Wasps/ACL.

Grendel

"We are unlike most other football clubs, in that we do not benefit from non-ticketing revenue. The club does not get either matchday non-ticketing revenues or non-matchday revenues. "

So why are they advertising car parking? Is it as a simple kindness to Wasps/ACL.

You really do try to hard.

Which cars yours?

torchomatic

Official Twitter is "they", surely "we"? :cool:

dongonzalos

Because their investment significantly increases the chances of it happening.
It would be 10-1 based on us having a top 8 budget. Their investment gives us a top2 budget.

Grendel

It is let me know when you understand it. Would benice to get a reply that makes sense and shows that you do.
Actually don't bother.

No one understands it. I've read it back and still don't.

You said profits paid from players sales and £50 season ticket money. No it makes zero sense.

As Mr Trench said you would get far better odds at the bookies even if we had a top 2 budget at the start of the season you'd easily get odds of 2-1

Users who are viewing this thread