Boxing (2 Viewers)

CCFC88

What channel and time does the program start mate? I want to watch this one too and really rate the smith brothers especially Callum so hope that fight happens too, if they are both in the matchroom team Hearn usually keeps them apart though

Callum is the mandatory to the winner of Saturday nights fight and I believe that the negotiations have been ordered to start as soon as Saturday nights fight is over. Cant see De Gale giving up a title and a big fight in the UK is what he needs to raise his profile here after 4 fights on foreign soil. Expect him to fight Smith (possibly at the Emirates stadium) followed by Groves rematch if he comes through Saturday night.

Callum looks the most talented of the 4 with devastating KO power, De Gale will be a real step up though his natural ability is a class above Jack's but the super middle division is as weak as it has been for years. Would Andre Ward come back down? GGG move up?

Sky Blue 1987

Swelling on the brain, a week in a coma, and then forced to retire. Yep, its a great 'sport'.
Nick Blackwell: Trainer Liam Wilkins has licence withdrawn after sparring session
The trainer has rightfully had his licence withdrawn but the boxers also choose to get in a ring and after what Nick has been through to step back in a ring and spar is absolute stupidy, but like I said boxers want to box so the trainer should never have allowed it and even after Nick wanted to Spar he should have then been protected

Sick Boy

Swelling on the brain, a week in a coma, and then forced to retire. Yep, its a great 'sport'.
Nick Blackwell: Trainer Liam Wilkins has licence withdrawn after sparring session

What's your grand suggestion then? Ban it and push it underground? The overwhelming majority box with no problems.

Do you also think horse riding and scuba diving should be banned? Both of these have more fatalities per 100k people than boxing.

Oh, ane both professional and amateur boxing have a lower injury rate than hockey, netball, professional football and rugby.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
The trainer has rightfully had his licence withdrawn but the boxers also choose to get in a ring and after what Nick has been through to step back in a ring and spar is absolute stupidy, but like I said boxers want to box so the trainer should never have allowed it and even after Nick wanted to Spar he should have then been protected
Absolute madness for him to go in the ring.

CCFC88

What a fight on Saturday night! Surprised by the scorecards, thought De Gale would have had to win widely to get a decision against a Mayweather fighter in the US, the fact that he still got a draw out of a mostly 50/50 fight with one knockdown each kind of restores your faith in the judges.

Jack didn't sound keen on a rematch at SM, don't see any reason why De Gale would step up to light heavy to fight him or even a catchweight, his aim is to unify the divisions and fighting at LH isn't going to help that.

If Jack vacates it looks like Smith will fight Dirrell for the vacant title and that would make the Smith De Gale fight even bigger if they're both bringing a title to the table but may delay it a year.

P

patsy123ccfc

Just got back from the Frampton fight, what an atmosphere!

Surprised it was not a sell out, people were touting tickets for a fraction of the retail cost (which I am gutted about).

Vegas was unreal, I have been there a few times but the buzz this time was electric.

Looking forward to seeing him in NI!

CCFC88

Brilliant! Shame about the result, felt like he was always chasing the fight after the SC jab was so effective in the opening 4-5 rounds. Bring on the Trilogy, sounds like they both want it and if LSC will come to the UK then surely an outdoor fight in Belfast can be made, Windsor Park or the Titantic again?

Would love to go to a fight in Vegas, I have heard that some fights can have a diluted atmosphere because of the amount of comps that are given out, I suppose it all depends on the type of fighters and their fans the likes of Hatton & Frampton have that core support who will travel and make themselves heard.

I'm going to Vegas again in the first week of May but unfortunately we fly back on the Friday, I am hoping the Canelo fight on May 6th is confirmed as Vegas as I have heard the place is buzzing in the week leading up to the fight, especially with a Mexican fighting on cinco de mayo weekend!

P

patsy123ccfc

Yeah the result was a great shame, however I think ironically it is probably the best result for Frampton if he can win the third.

It will do wonders for his legacy, plus PPV numbers and NI.

I cannot see why Canelo would not fight Cinco De Mayo or the respective weekend.

I mean the LSC fans were in the thousands, and LSC is not Canelo, therefore the atmosphere around Canelo would be unbelievable.

I hope it is confirmed, will make your trip that little better.

On a side note, I would strongly stay away from the strippers in LV, I mean the girls are the best in the world at what they do. However when you are back in U.K hiding credit card statements you have to wonder whether it was worth it.

CCFC88

Haye v Bellew this weekend, expect it to be shoved down your throat all week on Sky media outlets.

Not a Haye fan in the slightest, in fact nothing would please me more than seeing him get knocked out on Saturday, just cant see it though, Bellew always gets caught, his defence is poor and he hasnt fought anyone with Hayes power since Stevenson, that ended horribly for him.

His only real chance is to see out 4/5 rounds, hope Haye punches himself out and that his inactivity hurts him. If he gets past round 6 and Hayes power dips it could turn into a dog fight.

Nick

Administrator
Ha, Haye giving it loads:

Shit like this to hype it up pisses me off, for them to just hug it out at the end.

Reactions: vow

Rich

I can't see Bellew winning this one. Haye has too much power. Interesting to see if Haye's slowed down now though?

LastGarrison

Ha, Haye giving it loads:

Shit like this to hype it up pisses me off, for them to just hug it out at the end.

This isn't to sell the fight though in my opinion.

Although I believe Haye will win, and win early, Bellew has been pushing his buttons and hinting at his 'lifestyle' all through the build up and I genuinely take this as Haye biting.

This may all be part of the Bellew master plan of trying to coax Haye into going all out in a hope that he gasses early but I just cannot see Haye falling for it and I see him cutting off the ring and then unloading and KOing him of the ref stopping it in the 3rd or 4th.

Haye is by far the better technical boxer, is by far quicker and by far the heavier hitter but the only question mark surrounds him not being in a 'proper' fight for 5 odd years.

The undercard actually looks alright as well so should be a half decent nights boxing.

jimmyhillsfanclub

right pair of nob-heads these 2.......hope they knock each other out asap so we don't have to listen to any more of the worlds shittest trash-talk from the pair of cunts....

Nick

Administrator
If they hug at the end I'll knock them both out*

*Maybe if I could catch them with a decent punch while they aren't looking, and they are half knocked out anyway, and I train for 6 months.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I think Hayes heads gone, Bellew to stay away from him for the first 6 rounds
I don't think Bellews ego will let him back down, he has chased this fight for the last year or so
Wouldn't be at all surprised if the rematch is already arranged

I've booked it already got a box of Peroni in the shed getting g nice and cold
Few pints in the keresley coronation club with my brother and nephews then home for a Chinese

Covstu

Bellew will come in swinging I reckon, not a fan of all the trash talking (it's a bit WWE) but it's been such a hype. I assume it's a box office thing? Do you know what time the fight is on? 10ish?

LastGarrison

Bellew will come in swinging I reckon, not a fan of all the trash talking (it's a bit WWE) but it's been such a hype. I assume it's a box office thing? Do you know what time the fight is on? 10ish?
Not a chance!! If he turns into a slug fest it is only going to go one way and that is with him flat on his back.

Sick Boy

I'm sure I saw Haye with a looker in Brighton back around October...never been a fan of him at all.

Users who are viewing this thread