Bosnia vs Nigeria Ref (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Didn't see the game so can't comment but apparently he disallowed a good goal and missed a foul in the leadup to a Nigeria goal and now there is outrage about this pic?

Shola-Ameobi-of-Nigeria-hugs-Edin-Dzeko.jpg

SkyBlue_Bear83

An online petition has already drawn 20,000 signatures to remove referee Peter O'Leary from the World Cup after an image appeared of him 'celebrating' with Nigeria goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama.

The New Zealand referee drew widespread criticism after wrongly disallowing an Edin Dzeko strike after 21 minutes.
Eight minutes later Peter Odemwingie fired the Super Eagles in front, but Emmanuel Emenike appeared to clip the heels of Emir Spahic in the build-up.
That went unpunished and the appearance of the picture has prompted a Bosnian fan to send a petition to Fifa asking for the removal of O'Leary and the match to be changed to 1-1.
[h=5][/h]In the aftermath of the game Manchester City striker Dzeko, who also hit the post late on, said O'Leary's performance was "shameful".

When asked what happened in the game he said: "The referee happened. We are going home, we are sad because of that, but the referee should go home too, because he changed the result, he changed the game, and that’s why we lost.
"We tried to come back after the goal where there was obviously a foul on our captain and before when I scored a goal it was not offside. Nigeria played good as well, but the referee was shameful for this competition."
Bosnia were eliminated from the tournament as they needed at least a draw.
The Independent are awaiting a comment from Fifa.

Didn't see but this is an article I found on it

Otis

I sort of remember the game.

Did the ref disallow the goal then? Offside was given, so you would have thought that was the linesman, not the ref. Ref's very rarely give offside and always look to their assistants. Be surprised if it was the ref.

And as for pics like this. Well context immediately springs to mind. 1 photo can show anything. What was said? What happened before the photo? Just after?

SkyBlue_Bear83

I sort of remember the game.

Did the ref disallow the goal then? Offside was given, so you would have thought that was the linesman, not the ref. Ref's very rarely give offside and always look to their assistants. Be surprised if it was the ref.

And as for pics like this. Well context immediately springs to mind. 1 photo can show anything. What was said? What happened before the photo? Just after?

Just checked the highlights, yes it was an offside call so obviously that is the linesmans problem

Otis

Still easier to say the ref is crooked though to fit your conspiracy theory isn't it! :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread