Bobby Gould not happy! (1 Viewer)

DannyThomas_1981

Well I'm in the minority. I really enjoyed the commentary today. Our front 3 did look isolated first half and Gouldy stated that he wanted more from them. He was equally quick to praise the team for the second half performance. But best of all he really loves this club and it was really great to hear that passion. I'd like him commentating more often.

In terms of the performance, Burge, and the back 4 VERY impressive again. Doyle and Kelly nicely controlling things in the middle. It was also great to see a set up where we have pace on both sides of the park in DKE and Jones. Jones is simply having a huge season and is an absolute nightmare for League 1 full backs. We'll be lucky to keep him in the next window. I'm a big fan of the Duck but we do need to get him running at defenders more often. Biamou didn't look entirely out of place but I didn't think he really kicked on today from his decent substitute appearance last week. We should have won by 3 or 4. It was a dominant performance.

I think Vincenti offers something but I don't see him as a wide man - team looked more balanced today with real pace on the flanks.

clint van damme

Well I'm in the minority. I really enjoyed the commentary today. Our front 3 did look isolated first half and Gouldy stated that he wanted more from them. He was equally quick to praise the team for the second half performance. But best of all he really loves this club and it was really great to hear that passion. I'd like him commentating more often.

In terms of the performance, Burge, and the back 4 VERY impressive again. Doyle and Kelly nicely controlling things in the middle. It was also great to see a set up where we have pace on both sides of the park in DKE and Jones. Jones is simply having a huge season and is an absolute nightmare for League 1 full backs. We'll be lucky to keep him in the next window. I'm a big fan of the Duck but we do need to get him running at defenders more often. Biamou didn't look entirely out of place but I didn't think he really kicked on today from his decent substitute appearance last week. We should have won by 3 or 4. It was a dominant performance.

I think Vincenti offers something but I don't see him as a wide man - team looked more balanced today with real pace on the flanks.

you mean League 2! Made the same mistake myself in conversation with someone today.

fatso

Yes I'd agree with that, I said last week that we are unbalanced with Vincenti on the left, hopefully DKE will become a good option from now on.
Gould does get a bit carried away, too much passion for a commentator, but he's usually spot on with his analysis.

Nick

Administrator
So if we don't get a 'one on one' in a game it means we didn't get a chance all game?
It was an example of what a "chance" is.

Just because it was a shot, it doesn't mean it was a chance created.

The opposition could make us resort to lame shots from outside the box which don't trouble them in the slightest.

Covstu

The opposition could make us resort to lame shots from outside the box which don't trouble them in the slightest.
We missed some serious chances today. The chances were not the issue here today, it was how we finished that wasn't clinical. We need a decent striker in Jan!

Nick

Administrator
We missed some serious chances today. The chances were not the issue here today, it was how we finished that wasn't clinical. We need a decent striker in Jan!

Yep, we did today. He was on about the last game however when they weren't really clear cut chances like we had today and the shots stat didn't really show that.

We probably had less shots today, but with Biamou, Jones and Duck missing very good chances.

Grendel

Next week Gould explains the reason he signed Graham Withey

fatso

Not every shot from outside the box is a lame shot.
What do we call a 20+ yarder that flies into the top corner?

Nick

Administrator
Not every shot from outside the box is a lame shot.
What do we call a 20+ yarder that flies into the top corner?

giphy.gif

I know, but you can have 50 shots that are never troubling the keeper ever. Grasscutters, straight to the keeper and not have an actual decent chance.

"Chances" are generally when it's expected we get a goal from it. ie Jones and Biamou today.

fatso

Kwame thomas scored from 25 yards today for Sutton Utd. He hit a very lame free kick that was skilfully avoided by every player and the keeper and ended up in the net. If you see the goal you'd hardly call it a chance, but they all count.

fatso

giphy.gif

I know, but you can have 50 shots that are never troubling the keeper ever. Grasscutters, straight to the keeper and not have an actual decent chance.

"Chances" are generally when it's expected we get a goal from it. ie Jones and Biamou today.
What about that lame daisycutter that our new keeper managed to dive over a few weeks ago? The striker claimed it, the statititions put it down as a shot on target, therefor it's hard to say it wasn't a chance.

Nick

Administrator
What about that lame daisycutter that our new keeper managed to dive over a few weeks ago? The striker claimed it, the statititions put it down as a shot on target, therefor it's hard to say it wasn't a chance.
It wasn't really a chance.. He shouldn't have scored it.

It's not really hard to get, otherwise if I got the ball on the halfway line and had a half hearted long shot it's not really a chance

Having known Bob for many years, I know he wants to be closer to the club, but he sees football differently to how many in the modern game, so I'm not too sure what he offers other than a touch of nostalgia.

the rumpo kid

I agree with Gould . duke looked lazy, and I can see why robins wants to make him work harder. He could be a good a good lower league player. Jones has found his level . last season was probably a bit to much for him , but maybe with a good season this time it will build his confidant. (Right foot please)
Centre of defence look solid Willis and mc Donald trust each other.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Kwame thomas scored from 25 yards today for Sutton Utd. He hit a very lame free kick that was skilfully avoided by every player and the keeper and ended up in the net. If you see the goal you'd hardly call it a chance, but they all count.

Don't think he did. He came on as an 89th minute sub.

Otis

Yep, we did today. He was on about the last game however when they weren't really clear cut chances like we had today and the shots stat didn't really show that.

We probably had less shots today, but with Biamou, Jones and Duck missing very good chances.

And DKE in the first half. One very weak shot at the keeper from a very good position in the penalty box.

Ranjit Bhurpa

Look like but not play like. Despite years of lower league dross, Gayle is still the worst player I've ever seen

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Gould would have been better off signing Crystal Gayle, think she would have offered more upfront.

wingy

Bobs alright.
Just a septeagenarian with Linnel not far behind him.
So moanings par for the course.
Now did he get us relegated while picking up some gems along with a few fodder.
Or does his take #SHFWF?B-)

Nick

Administrator
Because it was an example of a "chance", quite obviously.

Another thread, here you are being a prick with no input to the actual topic. You actually have to be a little bit clever to play clever buggers.

Still no input to anything about the match yesterday I see?

Sky Blue Kid

Because it was an example of a "chance", quite obviously.

Another thread, here you are being a prick with no input to the actual topic. You actually have to be a little bit clever to play clever buggers.

Still no input to anything about the match yesterday I see?

Err How can I? I never went to the game, and as others have said, "I'm not entitled to give my opinions coz I wasn't there" As for being a "Prick" The major player is YOU mate! You were wrong, but like Grendel, would never admit it!

ajsccfc

I liked him on commentary, he was getting so into it he was talking right through that little clip they play after a goal. Him and Dave Bennett in particular are more like excitable fans which I tend to prefer. He didn't seem to know exactly which fruit Exeter resembled though, they went from lime yellow to lemon yellow a few times.

There is a distinction between a chance and a shot even though if you have a shot technically you've given yourself a chance, stats nerds for the premier league have started to focus on key passes and chances created to give more credit to great players who tend to set up donkeys, like anyone for Arsenal teeing up Giroud. It's all a load of fluff though really.

Nick

Administrator
Err How can I? I never went to the game, and as others have said, "I'm not entitled to give my opinions coz I wasn't there" As for being a "Prick" The major player is YOU mate! You were wrong, but like Grendel, would never admit it!
When you show up to join in its usually a good sign somebody else is right, you are consistently wrong.

You can watch full match replays now btw.

Users who are viewing this thread