Board leadership (1 Viewer)

glasgowfan

Brendan Rodgers had some interesting things to say about club management in an interview for The Times the other day.
An extract:
“The key thing you look at as a manager, before anything else, is the alignment at the top of the club,” said Rodgers. “That’s what you look at: firstly in terms of the interests. That’s shareholders and their interests.

“Secondly it’s strategy. If you don’t have that alignment you can put in what you want — a director of football, or four managers — it’s very, very tough. If there is alignment at that level it will allow you to build, develop and grow. If a serious manager is looking at that it is something that has to be right. If they think it’s workable it can be a good job.

“I came to Celtic because of the stability of the board, the intellect of the board. I knew, when I met and spoke with them, what they were about and what their interests were. I needed to ensure that the strategy I wanted to work was aligned with that.

“There are major shareholders at Celtic who invest in the club, but they do it sensibly. There is consistency in how the club is run. There is no fragmented approach. It’s very simple. Peter [Lawwell, the chief executive] on a day-to-day basis. Me in football. That’s it. I speak with Dermot [Desmond the major shareholder]: that’s the leadership. There are no messages on email, no nothing. It’s very simple and simplicity is the best way.”

Sounds like Fisher and SISU could learn something from that. I certainly don't detect any sense of strategy or leadership from the club's board and owners.

Hobo

It is not just football though. Neither is it rocket Science. It is just basic good business; the lead and vision comes from the top.

I don't understand the clamour, the false expectation, for things to be transformed within 12 months. Sack them regardless.

Slow growth is healthy growth

CovBurty

Fisher(sisu) could'nt give a shit about anyone/anything else. He(they) do it how they want. Like the Borg in Star Trek. Assimilate. Do you think he(they) could possibly learn? He(they) did take us to Northampton. Who else could do that to Coventry? Fruitloops

Leamington Pete

This thread title sums up one of the main problems we have. There is no board leadership. In a recent conversation I had with someone (who shall I just say used to be involved) he described the club as a rudderless ship, with no one who knows anything about running a football club making the decisions.

bawtryneal

It is not just football though. Neither is it rocket Science. It is just basic good business; the lead and vision comes from the top.

I don't understand the clamour, the false expectation, for things to be transformed within 12 months. Sack them regardless.

Slow growth is healthy growth

I totally agree. None of it is complicated. What amazes me the most is that Seppala cannot recognize that removing Fisher and replacing him with a respected and communicative chairman would be perceived as positive by the fan base (customers)
So, either Fisher has a lengthy contract with high removal costs or he is in some other way formally associated with SISU

Users who are viewing this thread